User Tag List

Thread: Make Trijent Dam HvH only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make Trijent Dam HvH only

I believe a solid majority of players can agree Trijent Dam is an extremely flawed map due to its size and layout, making it an extended hell for Humans vs Xenos. It's not like that would be its only flaw too, considering the other problems like marines having other objectives they have to complete if they plan on progressing, like fixing Filtration to undo the radiation riddled river that is an instant one way ticket to Medbay if you so much as breath near it.

All that said, Trijent Dam in itself is an amazing map when it comes to HvH. The flaws that makes it terrible for HvX allows it to excel for HvH. The size and layout make it far more superior for back and forth fights considering the properties of antagonists. I remember one of our best HvH rounds being hosted on Trijent Dam, a lot of positive feedback from the players regarding it. HvH on other maps like LV-624 and Solaris Ridge have received relatively much worse feedback for HvH with a lot of complaints regarding it through time and time again.

Making Trijent Dam an HvH only map, and even possibly throwing HvH into the rotation (I'd suggest it be placed on a cooldown for voting every few rounds so we don't have HvH every other round), would satisfy players looking to play HvH (as said, possibly every few rounds if in rotation), giving them a good map to play said event on, and satisfies the players who consistently complain about how god awful Trijent Dam is at the moment.

I've been bringing up this topic a bunch in discord, but I feel it'd be better if placed up for discussion on the forums, as I'm sure there's plenty of people who have a strong opinion to share on Trijent Dam.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather see HvH be entirely random so that the players never know when its gonna happen. I would also make there no way to tell once the round starts that its HvH until marines land too. This would make HvH and HvX better because it would make neither 100% meta-able in the sense that you cant prepare for what you are gonna face without some chance you are wrong. This means in HvH people would be packing buckshot shotguns that are completely useless instead of slugs stuff like that. Not everyone and their mom would have ascoped weapon. It would help in HvX because if people wanted to be ready for anything they couldn't just take meta loadouts to fight xenos either. Same thing with tank if it spams secondary flamer every round then guess what that aint gonna do anything in HvH. Things like that would help the game balance a shit ton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have Trijent become HvH only, because it gives COs actual options for deployment rather than LZ2 Ice, LZ1 LV and LZ1 Solaris. I would love randomized HvH though, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree that Trijent is hands down best HvH map and probably worst HvX.
    I recall devs planning to make HvH admin-independent at some point, but doubt it's ready yet, even after a while, so I can't support the restriction.

Alternatively, make Trijent have a LOT of sentry guns for marines to use, perhaps even additional engineer spawns.
    If marines get enough sentries to secure positions, then the hellish supply line problem becomes a bit worse.
    And perhaps have some locations start out with pre-built barricades. Engineering for one could have full set of them. Sure, xenos can melt them, but it'll take a while, and if there's enough locations with them, it'll be both boring and too time consuming.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    And perhaps have some locations start out with pre-built barricades. Engineering for one could have full set of them. Sure, xenos can melt them, but it'll take a while, and if there's enough locations with them, it'll be both boring and too time consuming.
    You underestimate benos. Benos can do pretty much anything pre-drop outside leveling buildings to the ground. Cades would be melted ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    I do agree that Trijent is hands down best HvH map and probably worst HvX.
    I recall devs planning to make HvH admin-independent at some point, but doubt it's ready yet, even after a while, so I can't support the restriction.

Alternatively, make Trijent have a LOT of sentry guns for marines to use, perhaps even additional engineer spawns.
    If marines get enough sentries to secure positions, then the hellish supply line problem becomes a bit worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You underestimate benos. Benos can do pretty much anything pre-drop outside leveling buildings to the ground. Cades would be melted ASAP.
    Pretty much summed up here. This would only work on very high pop because of the amount of areas marines would have to cover, but even then the ratio would increase with population, essentially negating the positions held. Keep in mind, engineer is a specialized role, meaning not everyone necessarily wants to play it or knows how to play it well, so you can expect for it to not be filled.