User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines out-attrition Xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marines out-attrition Xenos

Now, for a variety of reasons, marines are currently better at attritioning xenos. Call it the summer xenotide, or xenos getting what they deserve, but it's happening. What does everyone think of this? Is it good, is it bad, or is okay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because of the current balance as pointed out in 10 other threads.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I do hate loosing all my plasma so that I have to wait for BenRO to drop some supplies. What is even worse it that I also run out of medical supplies quite quickly and then I can't heal at all.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    It's because of the current balance as pointed out in 10 other threads.
    nah its not cause of balance its because of defcon (cryo reinforcements) and asrs giving all sorts of crazy shit to marines. When those 2 changes went in marines started out attritioning xenos and it has been like that for months. People are just noticing it now because games are lasting more than 1 hour because balance isn't completely fucked like it was the last few months (both xenos and marines have been taking turns dominating)

they exacerbated it by making marines not have broken bones/ib/delimbs and making it easier to heal with shit like that new drug that makes stuff metabolize faster (I think its epinephrine?) and every marine having their own medicine (minimedkit which is getting removed and will help reverse some of this).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have experienced weird shit with defcon like marines getting the LTB in an ICE round that was a typical stalemate with barely any deaths because.. they turned on the power?..

But I still think it's a minor factor when it comes to attrition. The major factor is that it is hard to kill and easy to get killed.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    I have experienced weird shit with defcon like marines getting the LTB in an ICE round that was a typical stalemate with barely any deaths because.. they turned on the power?..

But I still think it's a minor factor when it comes to attrition. The major factor is that it is hard to kill and easy to get killed.
    no dude even in low pop defcon will give marines 30+ men in reinforcements and they are full of medics/engineers not just PFCs. That means a whole new supply of medicine and other crap. ASRS literally gives new specs if the game goes long enough. That's completely fucking broken when it comes to attrition warfare.

this is ontop of the constant late joins that marines already get. ya xenos get 1 larva for like every 5 latejoins but that's a shit trade off cause xenos are not worth 5 marines anymore.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 06-28-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree that recent changes to marine healthcare have made them really tough to put in paincrit, so killing them is a necessity more often than it used to be.

Playing marine feels like being an action hero in the sense that you can just withstand anything that doesn't kill you, and I don't think it's a good thing.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    I have to agree that recent changes to marine healthcare have made them really tough to put in paincrit, so killing them is a necessity more often than it used to be.

Playing marine feels like being an action hero in the sense that you can just withstand anything that doesn't kill you, and I don't think it's a good thing.
    I think this is the biggest factor. It's come to the point where capturing someone is more likely to end with them dead than killing someone. At least on LV central barrens the most recent round I played, there were maybe 10 permadeaths. Every single time someone got killed, marines were able to push back and grab them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, permadeath isn't fun. The old slowdown from pain wasn't fun either, 1 broken hand that got splinted and you move as if you're nakedwalking without tramadol? Basically forces you to take medic kit out of necessity.

Right now what actually shifts the balance is all this summertide and shit which brings marines that just well, feed xenos and then you get rounds with 55 of them going up, or the other way around.
    Please, the winrate isn't *that* predictable despite whatever people say. You just can't guess how bad or how stomping for which side a round is right now.

Also epinephrine doesn't make anything metabolize faster, it just makes defibbing heals more than 10/fib as long as it's in the body.

If there's any real problem then maybe the fact that HEDPs have 9x9 AoE because diagonals counts as 1 tile update right now, but out of the whole round there's only what? Ever only 25 OR 50 HEDPs in a round right now, and yes they can be devastating but the amount of people that actually uses UGL is also very very few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    Good, permadeath isn't fun.
    xeno defibs soon comrades