Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Withdrawn] Viperious - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Viperious

Player Name You Use Most?
    Thomas McMillen

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Negatory.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I see the BE as a necessary tool to keep marines in check. While it can't be used all the time, it is a very good way to rapidly respond to a situation that directly threatans you, your operation, or your command.

Times when a BE is valid include when someone states intent to harm you/ actually harms you/ directly impedes your ability to command your crew.

A regular execution is definetely more formal. It has a process, a calculation that determines whether or not it can be performed, and an alternative. A BE on the other hand is a direct response to immediately remove a dangerous or problematic marine from your crew.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Thomas McMillen will run his ship like a well oiled machine that needs to be regularly maintained. Constantly checking in with medbay, engineering, req and the brig to make sure that marines are getting supplies on time, treated on time, the ship is constantly powered and those that break the law are punished by MPs.

In the event that McMillen finds out that any of these duties are not being fulfilled, he will dispatch MPs to handle it. If MPs are not available or are the problem, McMillen will head down to deal with discent personally and swiftly.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A CO's job is not to just to lead their troops, but it is also to determine the flow of the round. Just like the queen, their actions will directly impact how the round turns out, though this is assuming marines follow orders for the most part.

Most importantly, the CO's job is to make sure everyone has fun. Not to win every round, but to make sure as many players have a good experience as they can.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Personally, I believe the CO should recieve a larger arsenal of weapons and armour to better show their importance and value, bringing them to the combat prowess of pre nerf grenadier spec. I would also add another overwatch console to their tablet, so they can overwatch a 5th squad of special forces that is directly under their command.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I believe I can bring a more realistic experience to the players. As you may have noticed, many COs will order their marines to do tasks that will likely lead to immediate conflict with the xeno's with the hope that they can unga ball rush the hive.

I on the other hand intend to bring higher levels of RP among command staff. Use detailed battle plans with operation names. Use special forces that I have experimented with in the past and bring more authentic experiences to players.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Crew Dossier-
    Captain Thomas McMillen
    Date -
    Redacted
    Location -
    Redacted
    Assigned Ship -
    USCMC Almayer
    Age - Redacted
    Thomas McMillen was born in the United Kingdom, in a large metropolis called -redacted- in the year -redacted-. McMillen was a gifted youth and attented a school for special children called -redacted-, being a model student opened up new horizons for McMillen, and at the age of -redacted- moved to the United States on a student Visa to complete a degree in Military History at -redacted-. Following the completion of his course, McMillen decided to remain in the United states and gained a job as a historical advisor for schools and museums. After a few years, McMillen successfully applied for US citizenship, but still felt like something was missing, leading him to enlist in the colonial marines so that he could explore his desires to see war in action, and to explore the stars.

After showing excellent battle prowess due to his extensive knowledge of military history, he quickly rose to a Squad Leader. As a Squad Leader, McMillen lead multiple successful raids on CLF and UPP fortifications, gaining medals for valor and heroism, as his actions saved the lives of many of the men under his command, as well as those of civilians that were being held hostage. During this time, McMillen earned respect amongst his peers and many nicknames, but none of them stuck.

Due to pressure from his commanding officer Captain -redacted-, he renounced his UK Citizenship and entered Officer School at -redacted-. McMillen was gone for approximately 2 years before being able to rejoin his fellow crew mates as the Almayer had been undergoing upgrades and repairs following their last interaction with UPP insurgents. From this point onwards, McMillen was an official Commissioned officer.

Over the next few years, McMillen rose through the ranks, going through ensign, to staff officer and after the retirement of the Almayer's XO Commander -redacted-, he was promoted to fill that now empty postion.

At the Age of -redacted-, a team of UPP spies boarded the Almayer and greatly wounded McMillen, before killing Captain -redacted- with a round to the head. McMillen led a valiant counter attack to retake the CiC, where he found the Captain's corpse. Once the spies were dealt with, McMillen became acting Commander of the vessel, and after 6 years as acting Commanding Officer, he was promoted to Captain and became the Almayer's official Captain. A replacement Captain was never required as McMillen proved he could fulfill those duties during the time that they were in enemy territory.

Captain McMillen was last seen in the -redacted- system investigating a colony distress signal.

-End Dossier-
    Last edited by Jerkface00; 06-30-2019 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Fixed links and expanded story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great application. The redactions really made the story more believable overall, and you're a great synthetic player.

Everybody below this post clearly has no idea what they're talking about, this is the kind of person I want to see play Captain every round.
    Last edited by SolubleWhenWet; 06-29-2019 at 07:12 AM. Reason: made a misspelling

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spelled boarded* wrong, -1

That was a shitpost, your grammar doesnt make or break the app. However, having fought along side you while you were XO and literally asking for praises in LOOC while we were still fighting xenos about a gimmick that, quite frankly was LRP, I gotta stick with my -1. Sorry man, try again in a few.
    Last edited by Glass Bottle Coke; 06-29-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you react in a volatile manner more than a few times when things don't go your way.

You perceive bias against you in many situations where it's likely not the case. (Your report on a bald medic that was ruled an IC issue before you made the report)

It's not specifically mentioned as Echo squad but your request for a mechanic to support a 5th squad suggests to me you're still going to try the Echo squad strategy that everyone has asked you to stop doing.

The app is really nothing special with a pretty -redacted- story.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No surprises here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to leave a + or - :

Putting redacted in place of details only makes the story worse. Overuse of this, even moreso. You give no details, and honestly, you probably would've been better off putting [REDACTED] for the entire story. If this gets denied, take the time to flesh out the details, rather than blanking them out.

Seeing blanks just means you're too lazy to come up with something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    Not going to leave a + or - :

Putting redacted in place of details only makes the story worse. Overuse of this, even moreso. You give no details, and honestly, you probably would've been better off putting [REDACTED] for the entire story. If this gets denied, take the time to flesh out the details, rather than blanking them out.

Seeing blanks just means you're too lazy to come up with something.
    Actually when I originally wrote it, it had specific dates, ages and locations, but I removed them because 1. I didn't want to deal with people complaining about how unrealistic stuff is and 2. It looks more legitimate as those kind of details would realisticly be removed from public record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to see that this story isn't full of references like you said it would be in discord, but it's honestly not much better than that.

I'll start with the story because I see the most issues with that and it looks very very very low effort. First of all, exactly how old is McMillen? Obviously there are no rules about playing your character as a Captain and as a marine or whatever, but this dossier gives us basically zero information about McMillen whatsoever, and if he's like 23 that's pretty frowned upon for captains. We don't know the date, his age, we can't figure out how old he is from a date in the story because it's redacted, it might make sense that the officer school stuff is redacted or whatever because lore is kind of a pain in the ass unless you have the technical manual, but this is kind of ridiculous and low effort, and even the stuff that is coherent because it's not all -redacted- just boils down to "He was very epic and killed lots of UPP and CLF he is the best marine in the corps." Obviously most CO stories are pretty basic, but the goal of them is to prove that the person making the application put basic effort into them, and here it just looks like you wrote the first things that came to your head when making a snowflake CO, redacted anything that would require subtracting a number from 2186 and posted it.

Your answer to the question regarding how you will run the ship, while they don't necessarily have any problems, are pretty barebones. "I will make sure the ship works and make sure that people are doing their job", but like I said it's not too bad.

Now there's something in here that doesn't quite line up.

If you were applying to play a more relaxed Captain, that would be cool since some of the stuff I've seen from you ICly is of of dubious RP quality at best, but then I see this.

"I on the other hand intend to bring higher levels of RP among command staff."

and I say okay, and then I remember this

which started just as the Alamo took off, and then this

as we land, while you were XO.

And then in discord after the round this:

Now like I said, I don't really care so much about this, but it makes it look like you just lied in your application because it's exactly what the whitelist council want to hear, "I will bring HRP to the role and be very serious", but when you play XO it obviously doesn't come out that way. If you're gonna play a medium RP captain, why not say that, instead of lying to sound better.

The references thing is also kind of weird, and what makes me think that it isn't going to be an isolated incident is this:

Now unfortunately that didn't come true, considering your CO app doesn't even reference your own character's age.

--

Now as an XO when I've seen you, your performance varies pretty wildly. Sometimes you're a good XO and you lead things and it looks like you do a good job. And then other times you kinda sperg out and get tunnel vision or stop doing your job. I don't have enough experiences with you ingame to confirm whether or not this is a common occurrence, but what I do have experience with is one round where you got given command of the op by bancrose. Admittedly, it was a meme round and whatnot and the SOs were kinda useless and the CO joined a cult, but that tunnel vision thing seemed to start again. I was in delta, and we only got talked to twice during that entire round, at the very beginning and at the very end, and spent an hour in one place with no orders and no contact with the enemy (aside from preds) until the end tidal wave came in and demolished us. While this was obviously an outlier case, it worries me about when you play CO and things don't go perfectly, are you going to be able to play the role without focusing just on alpha because they're not getting power up, even when power is a relatively inconsequential action? You make fancy battleplans, but can you cope when they don't come to fruition?

--

That last point was probably the weakest one here, but overall this app looks very, very lazy. I don't know if you were trying to ride on vouches from people ingame and hope you can skirt by, but this looks like it took you maybe less than 5 minutes to put together, and the ONE thing you can possibly get wrong in a dossier, the age, which determines whether or not your commander is a 17 year old pink haired lesbay doctor, is left omitted. All of the other details are basically pointless. Your answers to the questions appear to not be entirely true, since you LRP/MRP ingame, which isn't a flaw in and of itself but it looks like you answered the question in the way that looks best to the council instead of honestly, and I frankly don't see the references ICly stopping since you seem to have your mind set on it. I think this reply took longer to write than the dossier itself, if I'm being frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    Actually when I originally wrote it, it had specific dates, ages and locations, but I removed them because 1. I didn't want to deal with people complaining about how unrealistic stuff is and 2. It looks more legitimate as those kind of details would realisticly be removed from public record.
    You posted this while I made my response above, and since I have a lot of the same stuff listed above, this reply is outright ridiculous.

Information like age is public record.
    Last edited by NoahKirchner; 06-29-2019 at 06:47 AM. Reason: update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too much redacteds tbh

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noah sums it up perfectly. You're an okay XO but this app is just lackluster and you still need to control your outbursts. Getting so upset when a player doesn't revive you etc. or shittalking players and situations in last round chat on discord when something goes wrong is not something a whitelisted captain should do.
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 06-29-2019 at 07:22 AM. Reason: words
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.