Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Withdrawn] Viperious - Commander Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In-game you've done okay.

Your XO has been alright but you sorta lack initiative, The salt about not getting revived stuff and what not is bad but I don't particularly care all that much.

The redacted kinda got annoying but everyone did shit on your for your last story so I cannot really blame you for doing it. Putting less redacted and more information may have actually been beneficial in this case.

However this isn't all that much. Its how you handle the criticism in this thread that will decide whether or not I -/+ 1 you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

My issue with your story wasn't the snowflakiness as all stories here are pretty snowflakey, it just seems like it wasn't particularly high effort, length isn't so much of an issue either, as long as it looks like it took some thought and time, this one looks like you slapped it together real fast, at the end of the day I don't really care how your character made it up through the ranks as long as it's not completely ridiculous.

I also have noticed that you've been playing XO a fair bit lately, but it's only been for like... Four days? Five? I mean obviously you don't need to be playing XO for two months to understand how it works, but time under your belt is important for people to judge how you play the role, especially when given command of the operation. I play pretty frequently, normally as SL (or at least a role where I don't unga) and the times I've seen you talking it's mostly been references or frantic screaming (which isn't a bad thing, it's just the other half, frantic screaming is to be expected). I wasn't around for your escapades as XO beforehand so I'm not really qualified to talk on them, but I think more playtime proving that you can take the role seriously (or seriously enough) would be nothing but a good thing. I'd even go as far as to suggest maybe making extra characters with which to play XO and not be too open about it in discord or whatever for your next app (if there is a next app) to try to build up some rapport. You seem to flip from HRP to MRP, maybe breaking that up into two different XO characters would be useful.

It's also worth nothing that while CO has more RP than XO, it definitely does not have more downtime. Everything that goes wrong is your fault, every mistake anyone makes is your fault and it is up to you to fix all of it, delegation only works sometimes and normally when you do it it's so you can go take life by the balls and fix something. If anything, XO is probably more of a downtime role than CO is, but as CO your RP counts for more. Being able to keep the information flowing and continue affecting the round without getting tunnel vision on events is very important as CO, since a lot of the round depends on you ordering things to happen, even if the announcements are just letting marines know what's going on on the ship and to listen to their SOs, or vague "hold while i deal with this" announcements, it's always better than radio silence.

In all aspects though this application still seems rushed, from the app and its contents itself to the time you've spent playing XO. I've heard from other people that you generally are a solid RPer as XO, which is a good thing, but in my experience I haven't seen an overwhelming amount of RP. If this app doesn't get accepted I'd hope you'd use that month to build more of a solid character/playstyle on which to base the application.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Feiffer View Post
    https://gyazo.com/ab08d1717c588b63f6b25eefe423dd94

Apologies if it's hard to read that picture, but if it's possible, that basically sums up what I have to say.
    Franz was clear and concise in his point there, you may feel you've done enough commanding, but almost everytime i see you ingame you are a spec/sl/pfc. You need a good full month of activity working XO/SO often and well, just doing the occasional SO every once in a while simply doesn't give us an accurate idea.

The app, the redacted thing kinda throws me off on the story and unlike what others are posting the story IS an imprortant part in the application process, its why we added it to the application to thoroughly judge your ability to get into the role. Please take this to heart, you need to spend all of July rolling XO/SO and spend the time formulating a stronger application and i have no doubt you will get accepted, but ill be honest here. If you keep jumping the gun and applying without enough expierience in the command roles its just gonna lead back here.

For now -1 im afraid.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I do not really care about the finer details like age and the general app structures, I do care about the fact that Commands (and captains) are held to a higher standard of role play.

With the screenshots presented, I cannot support the app until I see a change in behaviour in the long term for your commanding roles.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You throw your toys out of the pram to the point that staff don�t want to deal with you anymore when we tell you a majority of the time no rules are broken/IC. You cannot be trusted for one of the most important jobs on the server at the moment.

No
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-29-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opinion is... your attitude is really the issue. Sorry.

stay lowkey.

Donor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't even remember the last time I played CM or when I was still in the discord, but from what I've heard you haven't changed a bit since then, still the same manchild that thinks he knows what HRP is and that CM needs it, still the same bitching and moaning about other players. I don't feel you deserve this at all, putting aside your reputation there's just nothing standout about this application, so it's a -1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1, No chance from me.

While people talk about your story I personally don't care for them as they are pointless snowflaky shit in my mind. However you were asked for one and the redacted shit you pulled off is bizarre and pointless while removing details that would have better served you when added, it feels like a half ass to me. Think about all those FBI documents with nothing but black blocks all over it.

But that's the story, now on to the person. Personally from when I've played the game and spied on discord when you were present has been mostly negative. In game you salt a lot in Dchat and your current report is (un)surprisingly what I also see in game as well. It's not just as a marine but I've also seen some of that when you die as a synth as well which I feel is very unhealthy. This leads to my next point with discord as well, it bleeds into discord after you finish in Dchat. I've personally seen your tirades against people for innocent mistakes and they are not a pretty thing to see, calling someone a degenerate once for an OB mistake is one such thing I can remember off the top of my head. Not to mention you always berate others for not following orders to the letter or something similar. Salt is something we all thrive on and we all do but you bump it up a notch at times and just go ham.

Now on that last part as well, that is a major concern I have with you. The understanding of what is IC and what is OOC. You always make the claim that if an SL does not follow orders to the letter it's an OOC issue and you often use intimidating words alongside this when you warn players over this. I have a horrible gut feeling that if you became a CO you would make a lot of reports over people not following your orders to the letter irregardless of the situation on the ground. After all shit orders are not liked and going against orders is only really an OOC issue when it's disrupting the round flow like completely ignoring your starting orders or meta rushing somewhere even when the CO orders you elsewhere. You simply are a control freak from what I've seen of you and letting you have commander will only see you trying to enforce what you want out of the game taking away options and possibly fun from other players.

As seen when you were told to play command roles in general, you insist on it being when you actually are the one leading the operation. Why exactly do you shy away from just being a support? CIC is a support role in the game and functions mostly as an informational relay that makes broad orders and allows marines to work it out as they are on site. Do you happen to dislike managing parts of something bigger?
    Last edited by Mann handle; 06-29-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    You throw your toys out of the pram to the point that staff don�t want to deal with you anymore when we tell you a majority of the time no rules are broken/IC. You cannot be trusted for one of the most important jobs on the server at the moment.

No
    Soldier's post and Mann Handle's is just such a massive red flag to me. Nobody is going to want to be your SL if this is how you're going to use the role and frankly I don't think we should subject the player base to this kind of attitude in a role that dictates much of the round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do this if you want to become a Captain:
    1. Make a new character with a randomized name.
    2. Play XO/SO/SL for a month IMPORTANT A MONTH!!!
    3. During this month, never ping anybody on Discord.
    4. During this month, do not tell anyone who you are under ANY circumstances.
    5. Do not ahelp for petty grievances during this month.

After the month, make an app. If people dont literally write essays about how bad you are ill +1. If you break any of the steps I outlined above its an automatic -1

Until then, never.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 06-29-2019 at 04:46 PM.