User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Re-uploaded) The Vanguard: Manual to frontline combat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines really miss more vanguard players now. That guide is a masterpiece actually
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made some updates with the tactics, I'll be adding new stuff soon (TM) regarding the new types of armor, the new carbine and how the attachments have changed.

Also some new images to make it easier to explain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > 1.A) Extended Barrel + Magnetic Harness + Bayonet

Hmm, today I will pin 2 muzzle attachments on my gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m a rare, endangered breed of vanguard (on hiatus) called a:
    Vanguard Squad Lead.

Klaus represent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The L42 with the QFA + Ext makes for an interesting alternative firearm. Wear Light Armour and you can move at full run speed with the gun wielded, thus giving you excellent maneuverability and dodging potential
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New loadout suggestion:
    L42 Carbine w/ QFA + Stock OR EB
    M37A22 w/ Rail light + Bayo
    Light Armour

Grab two M41A MK2 AP mags from req, and then buy as many L2 AP mags as you can from the vendor (or a webbing and then as much AP). M41A MK2 AP = L42 AP, the M4 mags just hold 20 more by default. You can refill the mags with the M4, so don't throw it away.

This is vanguard in the sense that you're a pursuer, Murry showed me this - you have no wielded slowdown w/ the stock + light armour. Chase things down, no mercy. Works very well. Shotgun in a pinch if you need it, but you can't chase as effectively with it, so it's your sidearm for this.

Using this loadout you're not there to get SOLO KILLS, you pursue aliens that have been already engaged. Your fast speed and relatively decent damage with the carbine means you can take down already wounded xenos who are running away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added the new images to help explain things in a simplier way, added which armor you should use and the usefulness of the carbine. Sorry if the images are too small it's the forum's fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m fully aware of the current state of the Pulse Rifle which can�t keep up as a primary weapon due to the lack of damage it does in the present. However this ain�t gonna change for the time being and now we�re forced to the shotgun meta. Regardless of this, I�m not gonna advice anyone to discard the rifle or the carbine to carry two or three shotguns.

I�m currently testing need loadouts and attachments for both of our main guns (rifle and carbine) to step up with something good enough to keep vanguarding (at a safe distance) stay put

EDIT: The manual has been updated after days of testing new stuff (spoiler alert: nothing changed but at least now I'm sure what is shit and what ain't) also added more role models to follow up, because some were outdated as christ.

EDIT EDIT: I threw some light about PFC kits and ammo
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 04-12-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So hey, I am the guy who plays Vigil MacLeod, aspiring Vanguard of Alpha. I would genuinely appreciate it if folk assessed me during a round on my performance as a Vanguard and give me tips when appropriate!

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdo_of_Astora View Post
    So hey, I am the guy who plays Vigil MacLeod, aspiring Vanguard of Alpha. I would genuinely appreciate it if folk assessed me during a round on my performance as a Vanguard and give me tips when appropriate!
    When I'm not banned, I'll take a peek during my next observer round and see how you do