User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Re-uploaded) The Vanguard: Manual to frontline combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm updating this and adding non-conventional guns, but since I'm returning from a long vacation I need some feedback from active players to know what's outdated and what not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    I'm updating this and adding non-conventional guns, but since I'm returning from a long vacation I need some feedback from active players to know what's outdated and what not.
    _ You can now add QF onto M41 again, so QF AGrip is a pretty good loadout.

_ L42 is generally not worth it anymore now that you have QF M41 again

_ Slug is now pretty epic (after the stun, slug now applies a daze. Daze is a status effect which slows and disables xeno abilities. Duration and strength is based on the xeno tier), and Gyro RC gives you an extremely accurate shot even when one-handed.

_ HPR is a very good weapon, both single fire and burst fire. You can get an HPR pretty easily with the Point Defense kit in Req and squad Req. VGrip alone can probably be enough for both single/burst fire

_ SG has been reworked and is now extremely good on single fire. Vanilla preferably

_ Directional lighting is a thing. You will now only see for 3 tiles in your specific facing direction. You can lock facing direction with Alt+W/A/S/D, but it will unlock on click (very stupid, I know). Rail Light will only extend the light in your specific direction 3 tiles, with no light tiles behind your back.

For "Know your enemy", I'd add that Prae and Rav now have strains that will very much fuck you hard if you don't know which strain they choose. Prae has RG (100% knockdown chance tail sweep, and boiler acid spray); Dancer (Evasion boost, which is an accuracy debuff, speed, and a tail stab that does a lot of damage); Oppressor (Tanky version, has better warrior punch and a neuro gas nade with a 3x3 radius). Ravager is now reworked and normal Rav is now a front line fighter that has no abilities but is very tanky and can fuck you up very quickly due to it having a guaranteed crit attack every 7 second. Rav strains are Veteran (which is basically old Rav) and Hedgehog (a shrapnel spray which slows and deals brute damage while moving until you remove it with a knife; and a tail sweep that actually does damage)

Also buckshot (its ammo box is now red, with slug being green) isn't really that strong anymore. Ever since xeno armor system came in, buckshot have only been effective vs T1s (not defender because that shit is tanky as fuck) and Lurker/Boiler
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 09-14-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to DefinitelyAlone0309 for the updates on how things are currently, many aspects of the manual have been changed. "Know your enemy" is now updated, same with attachments regarding the rifle, the HPR and the shotgun; description about shotgun ammo also includes.

Non conventional guns, ammo and tactics yet to come in the future. I also need more people for the feedback.

EDIT: Added more role models since most of them can't be seen nowadays

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a role model?

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    requesting madison to be removed as a "role model"

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    requesting madison to be removed as a "role model"
    Are you calling me a bad influence?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put my name in role model. they need my power and skills...

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadar should never be alone, always stay at the front of a group of PFC.

Sadar is there to gib and stun, the rifle is a waste of space tbh. Just carry more rockets.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason to not take a Pulse Rifle as a RPG spec. I'd argue should take a HPR (I use RC + V-Grip + Reflex Sight) since ammo becomes a very minor issue.

Ive had good success with loading AT rockets, shooting a target and then quickly following up with some HPR bursts, this works well even on T3s like Preas or Ravs.

AT is only good if your aim is good and you can quickly follow up with gunfire, a direct AT hit won't even crit a T1 Drone but it will leave most xenos on death's door.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Auto handgun is nice and what I carry on a belt.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates