User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: (Re-uploaded) The Vanguard: Manual to frontline combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in all seriousness though this should be updated for new things that have been added, namely the strains of xenos- hedgehog ravs and praetorians are the new bane of vanguards. hedgehog ravs can bring a determined push to an ass-grinding halt if used right, because the shrapnel can and will cause either paincrit and bleeding on multiple marines at once, forcing them to stop and pull the shrapnel out. dancer prae's specifically, can be the bane of a good marine push because of how much damage the tail stabs do and the de-limbing they can cause. i've witnessed very good praetorian players pick apart marines solely through short pushes and harassment because they can be very tanky and absolutely will put as many marines out of the fight as possible- whether through wounding or not.

the tools section may need a touch-up but honestly it's still relevant. marines can specialize a WHOLE lot more now, and have access to everything from flamethrowers to the glorified friendly-fire kit which gives them six fucking HEFA grenades, two HIDP, and three HEDP. i've seen decent vanguards be supported by L42 battle rifles with the smart scopes on them, it's good for killing xenos that are either stunned and knocked down and their usefulness is compounded by the fact that they can stay behind the main firing line and support other marines

personally, i've found the M37 to be less useful but that's just me, the delay between pumping and shooting has gotten me killed or seriously injured many times both by praetorians and veteran ravagers, so normally i keep it simple (stupid) and run an M41A with a QF adapter and a laser sight because i'm not huge on attachments, but the amount of fire you're able to put down because of it lets you fuck up injured or stunned xenos pretty bad and provide extra suppressive fire on single
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update: added unconventional warfare. New tactics are always expected to come but these have to be put into testing.

unconventional weapons coming soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using lately a Dual-M37 Buckshot build to great effect. Just stick bayonets and gyros on the shotguns and you can easily take out many xenos with repeated PB's; you can even stunlock T1's and T2's (except the Hivelord and Carrier) and destroy them, and one-handing the shotguns lets you chase down and solo Queens even!

Adding the Gyro-Bayonet/BC-MagHar build to the M37 part wouldn't hurt.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point blanks only deal additional damage if the target is downed. I think that's pretty important to clarify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo this shit still good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should still be good, marine gameplay is more or less the same as it's always been so yeah. Although the majority of the so called role models don't play the game anymore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the information is slightly inaccurate, the bulk is still good.

5. Know your maths: dead marine with kills > alive marine with zero kills.
    Incorrect because of how the game calculates kills. It takes the last hit, meaning I could've done 5 damage and gotten 5 kills, meanwhile John Doe has done several hundred damage with 0 kills. Not to mention that dead marine has potentially given the xenos more larva as a capture than he actually killed.

3. Guns tend to go dry, get lost or get taken. Always carry two.
    Not really important in the grand scheme of things because by the battlefield is usually littered with guns, and carrying two of them means you need two sets of ammo.

2. Stop worrying about your health, modern medicine is a bliss (aka defibs).
    This is just bad advice all around. Defib causes organ damage and in some cases surgery is required, meaning you're out of the round for a long chunk of time. Being conscious of your health prevents that.

The tactics themselves are generally good advice, though.
    Last edited by WitheredGryphon; 12-27-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheredGryphon View Post
    Some of the information is slightly inaccurate, the bulk is still good.

Incorrect because of how the game calculates kills. It takes the last hit, meaning I could've done 5 damage and gotten 5 kills, meanwhile John Doe has done several hundred damage with 0 kills. Not to mention that dead marine has potentially given the xenos more larva as a capture than he actually killed.

Not really important in the grand scheme of things because by the battlefield is usually littered with guns, and carrying two of them means you need two sets of ammo.

This is just bad advice all around. Defib causes organ damage and in some cases surgery is required, meaning you're out of the round for a long chunk of time. Being conscious of your health prevents that.

The tactics themselves are generally good advice, though.
    you are missing the point here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    you are missing the point here
    Being? Telling me I'm missing the point and not telling me what point I'm supposedly missing doesn't help your case.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheredGryphon View Post
    Being? Telling me I'm missing the point and not telling me what point I'm supposedly missing doesn't help your case.
    5. Know your maths: dead marine with kills > alive marine with zero kills.

this has absolutely nothing to do with stats or whatever, it's a simple equation. One PFC life is worth way less than one xeno. That's it, if you die with a kill or two - you're doing a good job.

3. Guns tend to go dry, get lost or get taken. Always carry two.

Not using a shotgun as a backup weapon & X as a med range brawling weapon is actually quite crippling. One of the main points of this guide is to carry two weapons. Ammo is everywhere like you said and carrying two sets is no problem.

2. Stop worrying about your health, modern medicine is a bliss (aka defibs).

In CM a huge chunk of the community has no balls to charge that X who is attacking the marine next to them and will rather run away in fear of losing their life. In other words this could be quoted as ''Don't be afraid of dying, you'll be revived in 99% scenarios if marines get to your corpse and if not there will always be a next round''