Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plasmatik - Synthetic Application

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatik View Post
    I already made it clear that I understand the guidelines. I stated multiple times what was wrong with her behavior and how she should act IC. Please read my posts in this thread. If I didn't understand the guidelines, I could not have answered the question, "what did Mary do wrong?"

In the story, she didn't violate her programming per se, it was just written humorously with Mary following her orders in a very literal and extreme way because I thought it was funny. I know that the character can't kill someone after subduing them in the actual game.

Misunderstanding part of the application process does not mean I don't know the rules or how to follow them.
    You have my apologies, I did not mean to offend you, nor imply you don't know the guidelines. I merely meant to explain the purpose of the story and highlight why there are concerns regarding a breach of guidelines within the story.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ''Synths may defend themselves, but not approach combat aggressively. They cannot use firearms, but can attack with melee weapons. Defending a marine from a runner while dragging them back to the FOB for evacuation would be acceptable, while giving chase to that runner would not.''

This, in my personal opinion is a good way to briefly summarize synths combat wise. You then later went on to describe two more scenarios which also make sense.

Stories are not meant to be representative of the game in terms of its mechanics, since its not necessary. However the story is basically a showing of how you will play your synth and how it will interact with people, that means your synth should be following all the same guidelines you would follow in-game. The only real issue with the application lies here.

But lets take a look at the other aspects of it, you're known as a competent dude IC and a nice dude OOC, the synths dialogue is very robotic like and interesting, the story is well written and demonstrates how your synth talks to people, and the quirk works. So basically this is a fine application. And I do not think it should go to waste cause of one misunderstanding, to me the important thing is that you truly know the combat limits actually in-game. Which you seem to do when looking at your replies aswell as your answer to the first question in the application.

1+ from me.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plasmatik, you're a good guy who really wants to play synth. I understand your point of getting involved in a story and wanting to make it more climatic, but please in the future don't screw with the codes of the whitelisted role you're going for.

Please write me an ending that would satisfy the guidelines and programming of a synthetic.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll remain NEUTRAL until you post the ending, good luck!
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Plasmatik, you're a good guy who really wants to play synth. I understand your point of getting involved in a story and wanting to make it more climatic, but please in the future don't screw with the codes of the whitelisted role you're going for.

Please write me an ending that would satisfy the guidelines and programming of a synthetic.
    It's done. I edited the ending in the google doc, but I'll post the snippet here too.

"I'm sorry, this area is restricted to USCM and Weyland-Yutani employees only."

The terrorist who pulled the trigger seemed dumbfounded as Mary stepped in front of him. He fired again and again in a panic, two shredded holes appearing in the Synthetic's flesh, but it was not enough to stop it.

"I have informed security of your trespass. I will now take you into custody until their arrival. If you have a complaint, or believe there to be an error with your access codes, please contact your nearest Weyland-Yutani Corporate Liaison or Customer Service Representative," Mary said with a warm smile.

Two hands covered in synthetic flesh grabbed onto his arm and snapped it like a twig, the gun proceeding to fall to the floor with a noisy clatter. The synthetic lifted the man off his feet and flipped him over, then pinned him against the floor. He let out a loud cry of pain as he slammed into the ground, but was moved slowly enough to avoid any more crippling injuries.

The Commodore stepped out from behind an overturned table he had been using as cover, his brow covered in flopsweat. He was followed by Staff Sergeant Ross, who was cringing and holding a bloody wound on his shoulder. Exasperated, but grinning at his victory, the Commodore turned his head to Ross.

"Well, get him in cuffs, Staff Sergeant. We�ll deal with him later.�

Ross did as he was ordered and the man on the floor complied silently. Mary stood up and let Ross take him away. The CLF terrorist�s face displayed a mixture of deep woe and relief. Though his spirit was broken and his comrades dead, at least he was still alive.

The Commodore faced Mary as Ross walked down the hall in the opposite direction.

�And as for you,� He began, stroking his beard. �You can stay.�

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Commodore ordered Mary to hand him over so he can BE him, what would she do?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    If the Commodore ordered Mary to hand him over so he can BE him, what would she do?
    Per the synth programming guidelines,

A synthetic must follow orders from the USCMC Commissioned Command personnel provided it does not break Marine Law.
    However, I believe the order violates this provision of marine law:

The CO may not Battlefield Execute a person in custody... unless performing a normal execution is not possible (such as during a Delta Alert).
    I think she would be unable to follow it, and would remind the commodore of marine law and request permission to release him into an MP's custody instead. She'd probably also remind him that a standard brig execution is within his legal rights.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attafucking boy, great answer. That was a tricky one.

+1.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one, good luck! +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good story, I learned some new words but it was readable and while a lack of dialogue from your synth itself, I got the idea of your quirk.

I see you a fair bit ingame and while I can't confirm your medical or engineering skills, I know the rest is fine and your rp is fine.

I was on the fence when your synthetic started murdering people out the airlock, but after that little mishap I can safely say +1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem