User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which limbs do you prefer targeting? (or hate to have targeted)

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mouth

2 2.86%
  • Eyes

9 12.86%
  • Head

15 21.43%
  • Hands/Arms

30 42.86%
  • Chest (aka "i'm a baldie who forgets to switch limbs")

2 2.86%
  • Groin

18 25.71%
  • Feet/Legs

10 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limb Targeting Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limb Targeting Discussion

I'm a bit interested to know what the most popular choices for limb targeting are among xenos, I assume most xenos target legs/feet but recently I saw a marine in DChat complaining about how ravager gang slashed his eyes and made him go blind in two hits which really piqued my curiosity regarding different limbs. Personally I still stick with slashing feet, if nothing else it ensures the marine will get sent back to the Almayer, or in the best case scenario it prevents an isolated target from escaping since without a foot they end up being slower than Gabe Newell after eating 50 McChickens.
    I go with groin slashing as well sometimes since it apparently does organ damage, although I haven't been on the receiving end of that as a marine so I'm not sure how damaging it actually is.
    I used to slash hands when most weapons required a grip to do anything at all, but in these days a lot of marines carry shotguns which are still deadly even with one hand, so for me hands/arms really aren't as good as they used to be.

Marine input is also appreciated, I'd like to know which limbs marines hate getting slashed the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feet are probably best if you want to ensure a marine dies/gets captured. Hands are better short term, as the marine can probably flee but won't be able to harm you mostly. Hitting the groin ensures a marine will slowly take toxin damage, which medics might not be able to treat or are not super experienced with treating. As far as I know, aiming for eyes normally means you hit the head.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aiming Head is superior to all. Benos can't hit eyes, or mouth, so aiming it just targets head.
    Recent armor update buffed organ damage, while before you could get blind only from welding, or walking with broken skull, benos now can damage your organs.
    Armor on a head is always the same "Medium", because marines have only one helmet for heavy, light and "medium" armor. Some snowflakes doesn't even wear it.
    Rav needs 2 to 3 slashes (or slash-pounces) to make marine blind and this is way worse than having every bone broken, IB and other organs damaged combined.
    Rav needs 1 to 2 slashes (or slash-pounces) to cut off a hand. This makes PFC basically useless for anything than digging dirt for sandbags if he wasn't already having some kind of dual wielding loadout.
    Feet is more armored than hand, so this makes a difference if slashing beno isn't a rav.
    Marine without a feet is slower, but he can still fight in defence, he can still guard FoB.
    Arms share a bit of armor from chest, so when aiming them your prority isn't disabling marine, but killing him. Since 99% marines have organic limbs, they will share dmg to other limbs which isn't limited by armor. Weaker beno can slash arm, deal with weaker armor and kill a marine faster.
    Legs are the same, they might have more armor, but I'm not sure.
    Groin has the same armor as Chest, so it's only a preference. Chest has more critical organs like heart, or lungs.

Aim head and it doesn't matter if marine has heavy armor, or medium, or light, they will be all the same, maybe slash, or two different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My logic:

- Always target the head if I see someone without a helmet
    - If I see a spec sometimes I target the arms because it has the most strategic benefit
    - On most enemies I target the legs because slow enemies are easier to deal with
    - I used to target the groin because I heard something about tox damage but I dont think it works out well
    - Ravs might want to target hands because people tend to forget to wear gloves

Now I'm considering always targeting the head because it might be better with all the heavy armor users.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    My logic:

- Ravs might want to target hands because people tend to forget to wear gloves
    I have never seen PFC without gloves if he played "seriously".

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking out the hands of a spec is the optimal choice, since all spec weapons require two hands to wield, allowing you to disable their primary means of attack with minimal effort.

Most other marines, either aim for the head to induce blindness and get the odd decap, or hands so they can't wield their weapons properly.

Any other limb choice is either too situational to really matter or blatantly inferior.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if 1v1 far away from others target feet so they have a harder time running away
    if defending target hands so that you can at least temporarily disable those you dont kill
    if attacking target head/eyes

but ofc always attack a spec hands
    and if they're b18 you have to attack feet or it takes half an hour

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hand.jpg here

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont hit as hard as others as a drone/hivelord, so I just go head everytime. If anything because getting slashed in the face seems to make marines back off QUICK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aim for head if targeting marines without a helmet, hand otherwise. Aiming for head on helmetless shmucks is a no-brainer, you can cripple or kill them easily.
    Hand lets you cripple them otherwise.