Byond ID?
    Tyranor

CM Character?
    Michael Rhode

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10~

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Gmod way back

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not much anymore, used to a ton.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    none

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Hippiestation back in 2017 for being a shithead and killing someone without a valid RP reason

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Heal the player that was killed and ban the offender for however long is appropriate considering circumstances.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check to see if its in line with an elder rule exception and if it is mark it as a roleplay reason, if not warn the pred player.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Contact a mentor or someone close to the player and ask them to help the new guy.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Let an Admin+ know over discord if there isnt one one, if there is let the admin know what the player is doing and tell the player to reopen his ahelp.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Remind John Doe about the character name rule and make sure he changes it for next round

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Make sure they aren't doing it because the red alert hasn't been called yet and watch him to make sure he doesn't start griefing, otherwise let MPs deal with it

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    check the chat logs and mark it as a IC issue due to roleplay.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    warn the MP that them max time he can arrest people for theft is 30 mins.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Message whoever is commanding and have them send the remaining marines down to fight the xenos on the ground.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    First see if theres another mod on to have an impartial opinion, if not talk to the person and see if they just dont know the job. punish or dont punish accordingly.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    This is an IC issue, EORG doesnt apply to enemies like Marines/Xeno or Marines/CLF

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check the combat logs and ban the player for the appropriate time and heal the players he attacked.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Ban the player who killed the marine for a few hours and remind him about Rule 14.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Message the head of the mutiny about the rules specific to mutiny and if they refuse to listen force sleep them and tell them to cut it out.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the offending players to stop, react depending on if they stop or not.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Find his CKEY and ban him indefinitely, aheal all players injured.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask him why he did that and if theres no valid reason, not sure what to do here but id ask another mod/admin their advice. if noone is available I'd ban them for the round.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Tell them to chill out as while he isn't breaking a rule he could be affecting someone else's round especially the queen.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Tell the xeno that what is going on is fine and if you have an issue with it take it up with the other xeno ic.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    remind the officer about the meta rule and put a note them for other mods to know what happened.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Ban the killer for 3hrs and remind him of the proper escalation methods.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Not an actual issue, if it gets out of hand mute them.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tough question imo. Depending on circumstances ask the xeno that hugged him if they were OK with the marine being released. Reason being you cant control if your game crashes etc.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    PM the staff and let them know for next time or to correct themselves.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Tell them to bring it to discord and ask someone higher up and stay out of it after that.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I enjoy CM and recently saw a post from an admin asking for people to apply, i thought since i enjoy it so much i might aswell help maintain it.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Probably a tie between patience and impartiality.

Anything else you
    Been playing since 2017 and i feel like its time to give back to the community for all the fun and salt ive had here.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A number of the answers are pretty far off from standard. I feel you get the gist of what needs to be done, but that you don't quite have it entirely down. I'd suggest you read over accepted applications to get an idea of what is expected.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok.

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Heal the player that was killed and ban the offender for however long is appropriate considering circumstances.
    From what i understood, you're not intending to investigate. Investigation is a MUST as a moderator, exception to EORG.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check to see if its in line with an elder rule exception and if it is mark it as a roleplay reason, if not warn the pred player.
    Moderators do not deal with Whitelist problems unless it breaks severly a server rule, if it breaks the code of honor, we message the Whitelist maintainer or one of the council members, exception made when the moderator is part of the whitelist council. We can ban the player but not effect the whitelist itself, but still demands investigation.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Contact a mentor or someone close to the player and ask them to help the new guy.
    Mentors are almost terminated, we have only a few of them, we are in charge of mentoring new players.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Let an Admin+ know over discord if there isnt one one, if there is let the admin know what the player is doing and tell the player to reopen his ahelp
    You're not required to send the issue to a admin+ unless you're directly involved, then a fellow moderator would take the issue. You can always tell the player to fill up a staff report if he feels that your judgement is wrong and the punishment is incorrect.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Make sure they aren't doing it because the red alert hasn't been called yet and watch him to make sure he doesn't start griefing, otherwise let MPs deal with it
    the only thing you can do on this situation is mostly observe, it's a IC issue, unless meta and powergaming comes in play, then you intervene.

I only gone half thru your application because all answers seems VERY far from standards and the answers show lackluster in effort in understanding the rules and shows your lack of interest in investigating the issues.

Also the Ckeys: Kalos419, AtRealDonaldTrump, Kkohno, Zeleon, Kitty2.0, Madasylum, SquegeMCW, DarkestDepths418, rings you any bells?
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode View Post
    You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    PM the staff and let them know for next time or to correct themselves.
    This should be taken to their respective manager if they do not amend their information or if you believe it to be deliberate malpractice.

Thank you for your interest in joining the Mod Team, I may have further questions for you over the next few days.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Grimreaperx15: Yeah id chalk that up to not being in the same mindset as ive never been a moderator on SS13. Also I didnt read any other applications as it asks for what you would do, not the correct answer. Thanks for replying!
    @Hunk1: When i mean considering circumstances that means considering their intent if it was a mistake etc. It was implying a level of investigation but I understand how it was worded badly. And again I was going for my personal reactions not the exact right answers after looking the specific situations up in the rules. The only CKey I recognize there is AtRealDonaldTrump, I think I remember him from way back in 2017 as a player.
    @forest2001: Sure thing, thanks for replying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im seeing a lack of detail in these answers. What I would like for you to do is over the next month, go over some other accepted applications and find out what our procedure is a bit better. Re-do the application in more detail and then apply again in a month or two.