Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HvH Event - Strategic CO Conference - 6/30/2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Full of negativity
    These are common criticisms by a lot of people. It's good constructive feedback and I do hope some of these can be implemented. Scopes and lighting have always been my biggest gripe with hvh
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    These are common criticisms by a lot of people. It's good constructive feedback and I do hope some of these can be implemented. Scopes and lighting have always been my biggest gripe with hvh
    yup, they got a point. time will come some of those will be implemented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Full of negativity
    Criticism isn't negativity. Specially when the points used for criticizing the subject have been raised by various people over the years.

But of course, we could pretend it was a flawless event, like we did when Feweh was around. That sure did a lot of good for the server didn't it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mistake was, I did infact forget for a good while about the marines and staff on the Almayer. My mistake, I'll correct that next time.

Lighting is rather difficult as I have to change the luminosity by hand, That can be very tedious. But its a good thing because I imagine none of you want to get shot by UPP man in the dark with a commando rifle.

The base was sorta premade, The idea is that I made a ladder from the ERT so that I could spam you guys out and you can just keep going from the spawn straight to the area, As well.... That would take time. I'd have to setup ladders and it could just become a mess but devs put it in for the sole purpose of ERT's to be used.

As for the ERT. I was just had a lot of fun pressing the button that said "Distress Beacon". Next I will actually plan your base out and set it up prior so that I dont have to do it on the fly.

All in all, This was my first major event and it went...okay for the most part. I imagine most of you are screaming at me through your monitors. I can't hear you but I won't tell you to stop. The next one I will try and improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah so I was just a simple Delta PFC this round. I memed a UPP commando below LZ1 and took the chameleon projector/night vision goggles

I proceeded to kill 20 UPP/CLF with buckshot in complete darkness while cloaked.

Needless to say, I abused the fuck out of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pee pee poo poo whitelisted COs deserve to die no put in events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asian_047 View Post
    Yeah so I was just a simple Delta PFC this round. I memed a UPP commando below LZ1 and took the chameleon projector/night vision goggles

I proceeded to kill 20 UPP/CLF with buckshot in complete darkness while cloaked.

Needless to say, I abused the fuck out of it.
    "Slayer"? You blasted me twice within 5 minutes that round

I'll try some constructive critique.

The 1h15 waiting time for the Opforce wasn't fun but I really can't see any other way of doing it. Spawn us in the base and then what? Some players can't sit still during a less than 5 minute briefing, how would they handle a 1 hour wait? It'd just end in a bloodbath.

CLF and UPP armor is paper and our bullets were made of crushed hope - Because they haven't been reworked yet. I think this is the most positive thing about the recent HvH events. The devs gets data to work with. Maybe give the OPForce acid grenades to dissuade the marines for mostly going heavy armor? I'd liked to see CLF spawning handled like when marines are taken out of cryo for points. I assume there's some kind of algorithm to that which could be tweaked so the OPForce got some engineers and medics. I saw a suggestion on the github to give CLF/UPP a box of attachments https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/7024 and I thought this was a really good idea for several reasons as it not only gives us our 'tendies' it also helps with the clutter of having 100s of spawned in items and gear cluttering/lagging the map.

Storywise I didn't have a problem with the setup. Several USCM Captains/Admirals/Bigwigs having a clandestine meeting on an abandoned colony makes sense. I hoped for a twist though. For example Dinkle being the mole who sold them out and then spawning in a deathsquad to really mix things up.

Sadly once the event started it all turned into a slugfest. I'm thinking: Using the fog mechanic but adding an RP reason like hostages or just a strict order I.E "Don't cross the river". Give CLF the ability to use tunnels to attack from multiple sides to dissuade the marines from pushing?

I don't think the event was a failure. I had pretty fun. Practice makes perfect and all that. Hoping I'm awake for the next one.