Byond ID?
    SpicySalami

CM Character?
    Cliff Raser

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    East Coast USA

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20~

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I used to boss around other kids at recess if that counts.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yeah. BD, Cit, Civ13.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    i got none

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    I GOT NONE

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Not yet.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I don't believe so.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yeah, it was on gmod HL2RP. SCG banned me for item transferring. It got lifted after I promised to be a good boy.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    To the best of my ability, yes. I can participate in calls but voice chatting isn't an option.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Ping him and ask him why. Since it's random and he didn't have a reason, tell him to avoid doing that in the future, and note him.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell him I'll look into it and ping the pred asking what happened while I look through the logs. If he was violating the code, note him for it and tell other admins about it in adminchat so someone the pred council can talk to them. If he wasn't, tell the guy that sorry, he wasn't and that he should read up on the pred honor code before ahelping about it again (and link him the page.)

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Nudge a mentor to help him out.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    If any admin+ staff are on, oblige his request and ask them to speak with him. If there aren't any on, tell him that he's stuck with the current staff we have on right now and note him for whatever he did wrong plus being rude in ahelp.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Thank them and ping John Doe. Tell him he's violating naming rules and ask him what he wants it changed to. If it's reasonable, change it to that and note him. If it's not, make his name Timmy 'Honcho' Hipton and note him for the rule violation plus being troublesome in ahelp.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Not my problem. All he's doing is breaking SOP and not the rules.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check the logs. If the survivor is telling the truth, tell the marine that's part of the game and carry on. If the survivor was lying, aheal the marine, note the survivor, and ban the survivor for a day.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Ping the MP and hear their sie of the story while going through the logs. If it looks like the MP really did do this (and didn't have orders from aCO or CMP,) have the prisoner released and the MP noted and possibly jobbanned. If the marine did something to warrant it, leave him there. If he did something in between, subtle message an MP to adjust his sentence.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    First, subtle message whoever's in command of the USCM to deploy and wipe out the aliens already. If that doesn't work or they have no commanding figure, give a Queen Mother directive to go forth and smash the tallhosts hiding on their metal hive.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ask adminchat if I'm able to deal with this since I was personally involved. If I'm not, let them handle it. If I am, ping the guy who overdosed and ask him if it was intentional. Hear him out. In most cases it would lead to him being noted and possibly jobbanned. I can't aheal the people overdosed because that would fix their other injuries and be unfair to xenos, so I'd just have to let them die. Sorry guys.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    That's tough. CLF is hostile to USCM and since the CLF member hadn't surrendered he's fair game.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    There's having fun and then there's just griefing. Ping the person who was running around griefing, ask them if there was a reason, check logs to make sure he was really doing it, and note him if the claims were true.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    That's improper escalation, which is very uncool. Aheal the victim and note the killer for improper escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Zip over in ghost mode and tell them in no unclear terms in LOOC to STOP. If they didn't, sleep all of them and note them all for improper mutiny. If they do, ask who the leader is and get them to properly make a mutiny through ahelp. note the leader for an improper mutiny attempt that was resolved by mod. If the MP happens to come by and gas them all before it's finalized, well, tough.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Ghost over and tell them all in LOOC to stop. If they don't, dayban and note the offenders. If they do, let it go and tell the person who ahelped that if they do it again to ahelp about it and they'll recieve harsh punishment. Also, I'd watch the chat closer to look for the comments pop up elsewhere.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    That's uncool. Find his IP and permaban him with a link to appeals.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If the player was new and had no other notes concerning larva suicide, ping them and tell them to refrain from doing that in the future plus a note about it. If they're not new and/or have a history of larva suicide, tell them they're on thin ice, note them for it, and possibly jobban from xeno.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Ping them and tell them to quit it. If they do, let it go. If they don't, note them and keep noting until they stop.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xeno language is pretty much just a translation of their thoughts and hissing. I'd ping the person calling it a dropship to try to call it a bird or something like that but apply no punishment.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Note the command staff player for metagaming and MAYBE jobban from command for a short time.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    It all depends on if it was RPed out well and correctly and also if it really was the last evac pod the killer could've moved. If he explicitly said "get out of my evac pod or I'm going to brain you" and the other person refused, it's fair play. If the killer just walked into the pod, PBed the closest person, and took their place, it's ungood and they get a note and possibly a 3hour~ ban.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell him in LOOC to stop. If he does, fine. If he doesn't, mute him for a while and note him for being nasty to people.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    It sucks to be hugged while disconnected but it's not against the rules. Tell him he has to deal with it.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Tell them in adminchat that they're wrong. If they don't correct it, tell the player the right information or correctly enforce the rule myself.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Stay out of it, probably. I'd ask someone who's higher up on the chain them them who was right, but ultimately I wouldn't be in any position to decide.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I want to be able to run events later down the line. I also want to help admins run events right now, so that there's more events in general. I like events. I also just want to see how I like being a mod and if I enjoy it.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being a decent human. I find that a lot of mods/admins take every chance they can to be dickish to people and that's just not okay.

Anything else you
    I think that runner is the best xeno caste, fight me.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, SpicySalami, thank you for your interest in joining the team. I'm going to go over some of your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by dorph View Post
    i got none

I GOT NONE
    Are you sure?

Not yet.
    Would you mind elaborating on this?

To the best of my ability, yes. I can participate in calls but voice chatting isn't an option.
    The majority of the team rarely speak in VC so this isn't a concern.

Tell him I'll look into it and ping the pred asking what happened while I look through the logs. If he was violating the code, note him for it and tell other admins about it in adminchat so someone the pred council can talk to them. If he wasn't, tell the guy that sorry, he wasn't and that he should read up on the pred honor code before ahelping about it again (and link him the page.)
    We do not directly handle whitelist rule breaches, investigation is still advised however the information is to be provided to the relevant council, and no direct action is to be taken unless their behaviour is disruptive to the round or breaks a server rule.

Nudge a mentor to help him out.
    Teaching new players how to play the game has been incorporated into standard moderation duties and therefore you should handle it yourself.

If any admin+ staff are on, oblige his request and ask them to speak with him. If there aren't any on, tell him that he's stuck with the current staff we have on right now and note him for whatever he did wrong plus being rude in ahelp.
    Players do not have the right to decide who they talk with. Unless you do not believe you can remain free of prejudice

Thank them and ping John Doe. Tell him he's violating naming rules and ask him what he wants it changed to. If it's reasonable, change it to that and note him. If it's not, make his name Timmy 'Honcho' Hipton and note him for the rule violation plus being troublesome in ahelp.
    You should not use the ability to change someone's name to mess with them. If they are unresponsive to PMs you can escalate the situation to a 3 hour ban. If they do respond with a name they want that is still in violation of the rules you can explain to them examples of acceptable names. If they consistently refuse to listen you can either escalate to a 3 hour ban or apply a new name to them. A random one, rather than "Timmy 'Honcho' Hipton".

Check the logs. If the survivor is telling the truth, tell the marine that's part of the game and carry on. If the survivor was lying, aheal the marine, note the survivor, and ban the survivor for a day.
    This does not usually require a day ban, or server ban at all, unless there is evidence of deliberate grief or other severe circumstances.

Ping the MP and hear their sie of the story while going through the logs. If it looks like the MP really did do this (and didn't have orders from aCO or CMP,) have the prisoner released and the MP noted and possibly jobbanned. If the marine did something to warrant it, leave him there. If he did something in between, subtle message an MP to adjust his sentence.
    Keep in mind the arrest procedures, and that it is very difficult to end up in perma legally on those charges. As for adjusting the sentence rather than SMing the MP, a direct PM is preferable so they can talk to you and you can explain what went wrong.

Ask adminchat if I'm able to deal with this since I was personally involved. If I'm not, let them handle it. If I am, ping the guy who overdosed and ask him if it was intentional. Hear him out. In most cases it would lead to him being noted and possibly jobbanned. I can't aheal the people overdosed because that would fix their other injuries and be unfair to xenos, so I'd just have to let them die. Sorry guys.
    Unless you are the only staff member on and they're causing extensive damage you should not be handling something you are involved in. If an incident does occur and you are involved, you can ping for more moderators or other staff on discord.

There's having fun and then there's just griefing. Ping the person who was running around griefing, ask them if there was a reason, check logs to make sure he was really doing it, and note him if the claims were true.
    This would fall under round-start-shenanigans and is prohibited. You can view their combat log which will show if they have done what has been claimed.

That's improper escalation, which is very uncool. Aheal the victim and note the killer for improper escalation.
    While that's a tl;dr solution, investigation is required as rarely circumstances can justify action, and an aHeal is not always possible (e.g. if the dead marine is behind enemy lines or surrounded by hostiles, or was extensively injured already.).

Ghost over and tell them all in LOOC to stop. If they don't, dayban and note the offenders. If they do, let it go and tell the person who ahelped that if they do it again to ahelp about it and they'll recieve harsh punishment. Also, I'd watch the chat closer to look for the comments pop up elsewhere.
    Remember we do allow minor comments IC as these things happen. Mediation is preferable to an absolute and instant ban threat.

That's uncool. Find his IP and permaban him with a link to appeals.
    The maximum bans we place are 7 days before filing for a Perma ban in the staff section of the forums. It is worth remembering that accidents can happen and sometimes people panic. Take circumstances into consideration before you act, usually waiting a few minutes can change the outcome of an incident where a player has disconnected.

Ping them and tell them to quit it. If they do, let it go. If they don't, note them and keep noting until they stop.
    Rather than filling their notes with the same incident you should be escalating things appropriately. If they have a history of LRP then escalate to an appropriate ban. If they don't, apply a note. If they continue after a warning/note then you escalate to a ban.

Note the command staff player for metagaming and MAYBE jobban from command for a short time.
    We don't have temporary Job-Bans. An investigation is merited and you should talk to them about the incident before issuing the formal warning. We also very rarely issue full Command Job-Bans.

It all depends on if it was RPed out well and correctly and also if it really was the last evac pod the killer could've moved. If he explicitly said "get out of my evac pod or I'm going to brain you" and the other person refused, it's fair play. If the killer just walked into the pod, PBed the closest person, and took their place, it's ungood and they get a note and possibly a 3hour~ ban.
    Kill or be killed is a viable reason to murder someone to get on an escape pod, but is generally a dick move. It can be argued for and against so it is recommended to check the circumstances as best as you can.

Tell them in adminchat that they're wrong. If they don't correct it, tell the player the right information or correctly enforce the rule myself.
    This is something that should be taken to their respective manager. While you are permitted to inform the player if an incorrect ruling was given, it is usually a good idea to not get involved unless the player is at risk of causing issues due to the information they were given.

I want to be able to run events later down the line. I also want to help admins run events right now, so that there's more events in general. I like events. I also just want to see how I like being a mod and if I enjoy it.
    Events are not the purpose of the server, and are deliberately semi-rare. Our duties are general server administration and our ability to help with events aside from keeping things under control from an OOC perspective is extremely limited.

Thank you again for applying to join the team, I may have further questions for you over the next few days.
    Last edited by forest2001; 07-03-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additionally, you've picked up quite a few notes in a short amount of time. With this in mind, why should we accept you onto the team?

Spoiler Spoiler:

The highlighted ban is particularly concerning as it's an undisclosed 24 hour ban.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your answers and note history, I�m going to say thank you but no thank you.

Good luck in the future

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your answers seems mostly fine but you lack understanding of the procedures which is fine, adding to what forest said, we moderators have ZERO powers to make events as we lack permissions to do so.

I have seen you sometimes, your gameplay seems fine, but your note history worries me a lot and the fact you have 3 bans and lots of Low RP Shenenigans notes and you're on a thin line from getting permabanned is a big no from me.

Sorry mate, i don't take decisions at first, but your case is an Exception, Change your behavior, work in getting better and we can see if you're staff material, but for now is a solid

Try again on the future.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately with the extremely recent notes, I can't support this either.

With that said, I believe people can change. I am hoping to see another application in the future, but without any more notes.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your criticisms, and for being polite about them. I'll withdraw this and try again in 2020, if I still want to. Let's see how things go then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please try not to get a note for one month then try again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With drawn at applicants request. I'd like to see you apply again in the future. But go long enough without getting more notes so we know that your past behavior is past you.