User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bobatnight - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bobatnight - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    bobatnight
    Character Name?
    Sal 'Spaghetti' Spanelli
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Freemysoul
    Total Ban Duration
    Until lifted
    Remaining Duration
    Pending
    What other servers do you play on?
    Aurora, Bad Deathclaw
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Referred to community members as pedophiles and insulted discord staff.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Firstly I'd like to apologize to whomever I targeted during that day or leading up to it with personal insults and labels of pedophile. Was pretty off the wall and doesn't have a place on any of CM's platforms.
    I still and have regularly played CM since the discord/forum bans and try to maintain a low profile and am capable of not being a shithead.
    As an added bonus to losing my foot, I lost interest in drinking which contributed to some of the things I've said/done in the past. I can't put all the blame on drinking but I'm pretty confident I'm less of an asshole when sober. I'd like to rejoin and utilize the whitelisted channels as well as interact with the community again, thanks and have a CM day.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who's been on the receiving end of your vitriol I want to say that I can look past it. We're a community at the end of the day and we have to help each other out when we can.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m gonna say yes with a warning tag for a certain period.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely not. In game and out of game I haven't seen a change in your behavior. As soon as you started playing again you got this note.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Huge -1

While it was seen as a coincidence I doubt it. Considering your past, how you act on sleepy's discord and the fact that you just barely got forum unbaned: I honestly doubt your behavior will ever change. You've been given multiple chances and you've thrown them away. I don't see the point in giving you another and the discord can live without you.

As a aside I have never banned bobat, never discord banned him, never dealt with him in a admin help. I do not feel like I am biased. The only other place we've interacted is whitelist applications.
    Last edited by starmute; 07-04-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    Absolutely not. In game and out of game I haven't seen a change in your behavior. As soon as you started playing again you got this note.

how you act on sleepy's discord
    Literally no idea what this is referring to or how it pertains to the ban appeal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also never quit playing, I was forum banned not banned in-game so I'm confused in your phrasing as well as claims of IC behavior.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Responding to your comment because you apparently don't see correlation.

You probably have the some of the worst forum infraction history, and the worst discord history we have as harassing players go.

The note correlates your in game behavior with you forum/discord history. Your modus operandi typically is to either blame it on someone else, something else, come up with a lame excuse or mention that it isn't so bad. In a previous appeal Soldier previously stated that he felt pity for you and wanted to give you one last chance. You blew that with him. He's the most warm hearted individual in our group.

When appealing you "sarcastically" brag that you are toxic in your forum icon and signature.

Note this is my last comment. I don't want to shit up this appeal. I really don't see the point in allowing you back into discord, you don't contribute anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a council member and a person who regularly updates Bob on predator changes, whether that include updates or rule changes it�s quite annoying when he doesn�t have the ability to access the discord. Bob does shit on people that�s a fact, but his ability to not be able to access the yautja channel is extremely annoying. He�s one of the few older predator players that play just about everyday and his ability not being able to give input on things with the rest of the predator whitelist is annoying.

Not sure if staff would be willing, but giving him the ability to at least access the whitelist channels on discord would help us overall.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna be honest, it's annoying as hell having to relay information for one of our most active predators

As a discord staff and admin, I recommend at least the following, but it's not my call:

One month warning tag minimum, if you fuck up, you're gone. Also if you do get unbanned and fuck up, I will personally go to Emeraldblood and demand that all your whitelists are removed.

edit:

Harsh yes...

But honestly I think with incentive you would be on the right path.
    Plus after your little hiccup, I saw your facebook, and from what I've seen, it does look like your unfortunate experience has humbled you a bit, cause I can most definitely see the change in your personality.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 07-10-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd agree to wager my whitelists on a discord appeal.

I've changed a lot since that, it was a pretty traumatic incident and being sobered up in the hospital for weeks gave me a lot of time to think and reflect.
    @starmute, Yes I realize I'm a cripple now but I don't think anything I say is considered a 'lame' excuse but thanks for your input regardless.