Byond ID?
    tinodrima7020

CM Character?
    Syvel Ward

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20+

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Lifeweb & TG

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. 01/17/2019 - Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - As roboticist, was arrested because they were accused of emagging borgs. Had their backpack with multiple flashes and some borg parts confiscated, and were released iwthout a brig sentence. Based on this incident, ambushed and killed the HoS with an explosive lance.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I see that the situation has pretty much resolved itself IC, but I would contact the player to let them know that such behavior violates the rules.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inquire as to what the predator had done specifically that was in violation of the honor code. After hearing the information I would continue or discontinue my investigation with the predator depending if they or had not broken the honor code from the player's point of view.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would message the player directly and ask if they would like some assistance as they seem to be a bit muddled.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would remain calm and acknowledge their grievances. I would not turn them over to a different admin because I feel like they would treat the other staff member the same way and so there would be no purpose in doing so.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would message the offending player and let them know they are in violation of our naming policy, specifically pop culture, and offer to change their name to whatever they desire so long as it is within the rules and remind them to use a name that fits in with the CM rules in the future.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I believe this to be a rule 5 violation so I would message the player to let them know this along with issuing a warning if this is their first violation or a short ban if it's a repeat offense.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would let the marine know that even though they were killed it was valid as the survivor had declared their intentions and it was not a wordless or unjustified action.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would message the MP and let them know that what the player had done was not worthy of a permanent sentence, essentially removal from the round, and will warn them against doing such actions in the future as it is unwarranted and unfair.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I believe it would be best to Queen Mother about dying with honor and glory against the invaders or perform an Almayer scan to encourage the marines to begin their assault.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp to notify the admins of this as it seems to be grief and do my best to keep my patients away from the other medic.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Despite being killed round end I would notify the CLF member that this is not EORG as they are opposing forces. I would cite "End of Round Grief (EORG) is fighting and generating any combat logs with friendly players after the round ends and is an immediate 3-hour ban without warning. Exceptions are between normal enemies, such as Marines and Aliens, Marines and UPP, etc."

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    As this appears to be grief I would message the player to let them know that this is in clear violation of the rules and ban the player for the round due to it affect the round of multiple people then tend to the affected players.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would revive the marine killed and message the offending player that this is poor escalation and remind them of rule 14. I would issue a warning if it is their first offense or ban them if it is repeated.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I believe it would be best to message the leader or leaders of the mutiny and tell them that the mutiny is not sanctioned and that they must get it approved first or to call off the mutiny IC.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Despite 9 out of 10 people enjoying it I have to enforce the rules all the same. I would go up to them as a ghost and LOOC to let them know someone has taken offense to this and that they should stop.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Permaban the player and ask them to appeal on the forums.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check their playtime to see if they are a new player or not. If they are new I would message them and encourage them not to run into hostile areas if they are aware of hostile forces. If the player however was an older player or an angry marine that is trying to grief the xenos I would warn them.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Message them to stop and escalate if they continue to meme.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would let the player ahelping know that that is perfectly acceptable and so is calling the tank a tank and not a turtle.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would message the command player and let them know that this is not acceptable as it is out of scope of the knowledge that they have. I would tell them that it would be more acceptable to say that "There is an unknown hostile threat on the planet"

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I feel that this is a gray area question. I suppose that this could be ahelpable, but at the same time if the player killing another player to take his spot on the evac pod was role played sufficiently I would let it slide.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Honestly I would let them rant as this isn't really in violation of any rules. I would step in if other players complained about them being disruptive to their round however.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would inform the player that despite him being SSD, it would be impossible for me to remove the larva from them because of the effort and resource that the xeno had to invest in order to get the player hugged. I would have to chock it up to bad luck and that not every round pans out as one intends. I would encourage the player to return to the Almayer in order to get the larva removed ASAP.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would message the admin and let them know what they got incorrect and wait to see if they correct their mistake. If not, I would prompt them to. If they continue to ignore the issue, I would take action myself.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Because the argument is between two staff members, which I will assume to be standard staff and not senior staff, I believe me getting involved personally would be fruitless so I would raise the issue with a senior member of staff to get their ruling.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator because I enjoy helping people from an OOC standpoint and would like to improve the experience of the game for other players as I have been playing SS13 for about 5 years.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I believe the moth important quality for a moderator is empathy.

Anything else you
    N/A

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, tinodrima7020, thank you for applying to join the team. I'm going to go over some of your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by TinoDrima7020 View Post
    I would remain calm and acknowledge their grievances. I would not turn them over to a different admin because I feel like they would treat the other staff member the same way and so there would be no purpose in doing so.
    No player has the right to decide who handles their aHelps. You are right to remain handling it. You can pass it to someone else at your discretion if you believe you cannot remain free of prejudice.

I believe this to be a rule 5 violation so I would message the player to let them know this along with issuing a warning if this is their first violation or a short ban if it's a repeat offense.
    This is an IC Issue and does not break any of our rules. This was not always the case but it has been an IC Issue for the entirety of this year if I recall correctly.

I would let the marine know that even though they were killed it was valid as the survivor had declared their intentions and it was not a wordless or unjustified action.
    Make sure you check the validity of the Survivor's claims.

I would message the MP and let them know that what the player had done was not worthy of a permanent sentence, essentially removal from the round, and will warn them against doing such actions in the future as it is unwarranted and unfair.
    As above, make sure you investigate and ascertain the truth. It's shocking how many times people aHelp for being punished after doing something that equals their punishment, or worse.

As this appears to be grief I would message the player to let them know that this is in clear violation of the rules and ban the player for the round due to it affect the round of multiple people then tend to the affected players.
    Unless they have a history of grief or round-start-shenanigans, this rarely needs to be escalated to a ban immediately. A warning/note is usually sufficient.

I would revive the marine killed and message the offending player that this is poor escalation and remind them of rule 14. I would issue a warning if it is their first offense or ban them if it is repeated.
    Make sure you are aware of the situation around the dead marine. If they are behind enemy lines or the area they are in is under attack an aHeal is usually impossible to perform. Also keep in mind if the dead marine was already severely injured prior to death, in which case an aHeal is not possible.

The longest bans we apply are 7 days, to escalate to a permanent ban a request needs to be made in the staff forums.

I would message the admin and let them know what they got incorrect and wait to see if they correct their mistake. If not, I would prompt them to. If they continue to ignore the issue, I would take action myself.
    In the event they do not correct themselves, you should take evidence to their respective manager.

Because the argument is between two staff members, which I will assume to be standard staff and not senior staff, I believe me getting involved personally would be fruitless so I would raise the issue with a senior member of staff to get their ruling.
    This is also a situation where you should collect evidence and provide it to their respective manager. You could also post in our staff discord for clarification.

Thank you again for your interest in joining the team. I may have further questions for you over the next few days.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Tinodrima!!! Thanks for applying to Moderator Staff!

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inquire as to what the predator had done specifically that was in violation of the honor code. After hearing the information I would continue or discontinue my investigation with the predator depending if they or had not broken the honor code from the player's point of view.
    Great point of view. the course of action in case of continuation of the investigation is collect information and evidence to provide to the respective Council and Whitelist Maintainer. Moderators cannot affect the whitelist itself but in case of severe rule violation, we can ban them but we usually request the affected player to fill up a player report.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Adding to Forest's answer, Players can get very salty very fast, a suggestion to deal is to simple tell the player: "If you feel this judgement is incorrect or wrong, please fill up a staff report.", this simple phrase end the salt very fast.

Also we are able to mute people from ahelps, so you should create a escalation of your own to deal with that.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Despite 9 out of 10 people enjoying it I have to enforce the rules all the same. I would go up to them as a ghost and LOOC to let them know someone has taken offense to this and that they should stop.
    Great COA, but me thinks a better option would be to ask them to tone down a bit the racism. No need to explain that someone has taken offense, keep things lightly.

I like your answers, shows that you have good knowledge of the rules, you lack a little bit of knowledge of moderation procedures but it's something you can learn during trial.

Before i give my vote, answer me:

How do you deal with anger and salt?

A staff member (Not Necessarely Moderation or Administration, can be Devs, coders and etc.) start saying +18 comments on the deadchat? What you do?
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that the situation has pretty much resolved itself IC, but I would contact the player to let them know that such behavior violates the rules
    That doesn't really tell me much. What if it was a mistake? What if he has notes about this kind of behavior from before? Also just because a situation resolves itself doesn't mean that the person doesn't deserve a ban.

This is pretty much IC. Unless they're griefing with the rifle you should leave them be and let MPs handle it.

You cannot perma you can 7 day ban and request a permaban.

Honestly I would let them rant as this isn't really in violation of any rules. I would step in if other players complained about them being disruptive to their round however.
    Player insulting staff is ground for a ban to chill out. We do not take kindly to anyone salting about others.

Not bad app, your answer could've been more detailed but otherwise it looks like you understand what being a mod is about. I am not against a trial.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Acutecircle, I don't feel like this is the best application, but it's certainly acceptable. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a Trial.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the late reply everyone. I've been caught up in midterms and job stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post

Before i give my vote, answer me:

How do you deal with anger and salt?

A staff member (Not Necessarely Moderation or Administration, can be Devs, coders and etc.) start saying +18 comments on the deadchat? What you do?

I will assume that this is me interacting with them in general and not as an administrator. If I see someone that is genuinely upset I will try and get their attention and get them to tell me why they're upset and empathize with them. Sometimes people just want an ear to talk to and I would, of course, encourage them to take a break and come back and to gently remind them that it's okay to be upset, but the spamming can be seen as disruptive to others.

In general, I see that the biggest concern in my responses for everyone is my lack of investigative action in some situations and that I am requesting a permaban which does not exist here on CM unless requested. I am not going to claim to be able to have that moderator mindset as it is something I have never done, but I would be happy to learn the procedures in order to perform to CM standards. Thank you all for the consideration.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The players (Predators) whitelist cannot be effected by a staff remember. Any and all rulings are done in an official report. This does not mean however that WL players can get away with anything and everything. They still must abide by the servers rules. If they break a server rule they can still be banned for that action.

Players don't get to ask for other staff members. If they have a problem with your ruling, then they're free to post a report on the forums.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC issue unless the player starts outright griefing

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Investigate the issue first and see if there isn't anything else going on in terms of charges. Get the MP's PoV.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I believe it would be best to Queen Mother about dying with honor and glory against the invaders or perform an Almayer scan to encourage the marines to begin their assault.
    I don't believe mods can make QM reports. Feel free to push the Xeno's in the right direction. If they cannot go up due to there being no queen or drone, tell the CO/ACO to go down and wrap it up via Command Report or PM/SM if the Command Report option isn't available.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp to notify the admins of this as it seems to be grief and do my best to keep my patients away from the other medic.
    You wouldn't notify the admins, this would be your territory as a mod and if you were the one that took the Ahelp. Admin's can certainly assist you if needed, but you would need to deal with the situation if you took it.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I believe it would be best to message the leader or leaders of the mutiny and tell them that the mutiny is not sanctioned and that they must get it approved first or to call off the mutiny IC.
    Talk to the staff online, find out if someone approved it. Check the logs.

Minor racism is allowed. If it get's outta hand (i.e.someone calling everyone the N word, or calling everyone else the G word) feel free to enforce it.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would message the command player and let them know that this is not acceptable as it is out of scope of the knowledge that they have. I would tell them that it would be more acceptable to say that "There is an unknown hostile threat on the planet"
    Negative on the last bit in the sentence. The Marines have absolutely no idea what awaits them on the planet.
    You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I feel that this is a gray area question. I suppose that this could be ahelpable, but at the same time if the player killing another player to take his spot on the evac pod was role played sufficiently I would let it slide.
    If it is a scramble to survive, then yes, Marines are allowed to kill someone else to gain a spot on an escape pod, WITHIN REASON of course. They can't just up and murder everyone on board, nor should they wordlessly murder. Some attempt at RP should be made, at the very least.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Help the staff member out, but don't pressure if the staff member wants to do it their own way. Send it up the chain of command if they stick their feet in the mud.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    You notify your immediate superior and let them know of the situation. Don't intervene.

Decent answers, though you have a number of wrong ones. It's not the best application, but you clearly have an idea as to the expectations of the mod, and you don't seem like a goon or a guy with his head up his back end. I'd be up seeing how you do as a trial.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still one Question to go @TrioDrima7020

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Still one Question to go @TrioDrima7020
    By +18 I will assume ERP and the like. Judging by other scenarios I believe that this should be passed on to superiors so that they may handle it. Unless I have the power to take action myself in which case I would apply the 7 day ban and request a permaban as there is usually zero-tolerance for ERP no matter what you are; player, staff, or otherwise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By +18 I will assume ERP and the like. Judging by other scenarios I believe that this should be passed on to superiors so that they may handle it. Unless I have the power to take action myself in which case I would apply the 7 day ban and request a permaban as there is usually zero-tolerance for ERP no matter what you are; player, staff, or otherwise.
    Staff is Ban imune. You are a bit ban ichy finger, In this case a simple PM could solve the issue, if dosen't collect evidence and direct to respective manager. We can NOT effect their staff rank. There is a reason why Managers exist.

Okay. after seeing your answers, i am neutral, but i am not against a trial.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: