Byond ID?
    Rko8504

CM Character?
    Jerry Timmicks

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CNT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    6 hours on most days. For the summer roughly 20 or higher. But in school season around 15-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, of course

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    PM him, and ask him why he did it, then I would check logs to confirm his story. If he had a IC reason for shooting I would allow MP's to do their thing. If he had no reason, I would warn or ban for 24 hours, depending on the severity of the shooting. I would make a note regardless.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform the player to take screenshots. But tell him that I cannot handle honor code matters. However I would tell them to make a report on the player. And provide a link if asked.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Ask if he knows what he's doing, also that he should click on my name to reply. If he is indeed a new player and can't find his way around. I'd call a mentor. If none were online, I would help him myself. And provide a link to the marine guide.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would tell him that I am the mod in charge of this ticket, and he must deal with me. I would tell him to calm down, and deal with this is in a more rational way. If he felt I was being a improper mod and wished to report me. I would give him a link to the staff report page. If it gets to the point where he wouldn't stop. I would inform him that he must quit and the ticket is closed. If he didn't after that, I would call another staff member to handle it. As I cannot due to my involvement.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check notes to see the players history and any other violations of rule 12. If they were a newer player I would inform them of rule 12, and change their name. I would give a note and be on my way. If the player had a history of breaking rule 12, I would issue a note and a short ban. If they had a long standing history of it.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    There is nothing I can do at this stage, as this is only a IC violation. However I would keep a close eye on the player since that could easily turn into a bad scenario.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check logs. If the survivors story checked out, then I would inform the marine that the survivor has every right to be hostile to marines. As long as they state it openly and don't attempt to play nice then shoot. However if the survivor lied and did shoot from the start. Then that is fail RP. I would issue a warning and a note if this was the first time. With a job ban if its frequent. And a server ban if they have a history of griefing.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    This is a sensitive matter. I would get statements from every player involved. Check logs, and probably ask another mod to assist me. The marine could have done many things to earn a perma-brig. However if the MP did in fact just perma brig a player for stealing a attachment, then it's a violation of marine law. The MP would be told this, and given a note and warning. If he had a history of poor MP performance. Then it would be a job ban. If he had a history of griefing, then its a server ban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would SM the CO and tell them that they have to finish the mission. They have the number game anyways. If that didn't get them moving, I would QM the hive. As QM I would say that they are disappointing me, and must prove their worth by taking the fight to the talls or die trying.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ask IC why he did it. If he states he is new to medic and unsure of how to do it(whether IC or LOOC) I would help them IC and call a mentor. However if they weren't new. It would be a direct violation of rule 4. But I would have to call another staff member. Since I am directly involved and cannot handle it myself.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Point the marine to rule 4 on the rule list. It states the normally factions, may attack each other at their own discretion at round end. This is not a actual rule break.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is another break of rule 4. I would inform the marine of what they are doing and tell them to stop. If they agreed to quit. I would give a note and warning. If they kept it up or had a history of griefing. Then it's a short ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check logs and get the story from both players. Then I would tell the dead marine of rules 3 and 4. I would give note unless it was a honest accident. Then I would check their notes to see if they have a history of griefing. If so then a warning and ban might be in order. Then I would tell the other player of rule 4, and how they should have Ahelped rather than shoot. And rule 14 about how being punched isn't reason to kill a man. I would inform that that's improper escalation. I would give a note and warning, and a ban if they had a history.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would give every mutiny member a link to the rules and inform them of rule 17. I would point out the finer rules, and if they had any questions ask now. I would watch the mutiny and make sure no rule breaks occurred.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Normally some light racist jokes isn't a problem. But if someone starts getting offended or the jokes start going from light to heavy, there's a issue. I would inform all players involved of rule 3. And ask them to stop. If anyone continued. Then it would be a warning and a note. I would check their notes to see if they had a history of rule 3 violations. If they did, then a ban would be in order.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ah, a man with a IQ of 1. Classic grief, breaking rule 4. Aheal everyone affected. Give the longest ban I can, and file for a perma-ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask why they did it. Point out that they just broke rule 4 and roleplay standards. Since I'm sure the queen didn't order the larva to frontline fight. If he had a IC reason for it, like lack of knowledge of the map or marines in the hive, it would be fine and I would just tell them to be more cautious. If they just wanted to suicide. Give a warning and a note. If they had a history of this. Give a short ban and temporary job ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Tell the larva to knock it off and tell them about the roleplay standards of a xeno. They are all one mind and while yes, its impossible to replicate a hivemind with 30 players. They should at least attempt to try so. A direct violation of this is a clear avoidance to the rules. If they stopped when asked, a note should be fine. If they keep it up, a note warning and job ban would be in order.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform both players of the roleplay standards for xenos. They are allowed to call the dropship a dropship, however if the player wishes they can call it a birb or whatever they wish.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Everyone can slip up. I wouldn't take this too far. Unless there was a event where the command staff knew about it. It is a breach in the start. However if the command staff player has no history. I would only give a small note. If they had a history of it, a note warning, and temporary jobban would have to happen.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Get statements from everyone there. I would check logs if it was infact RP related. If it was the last spot and there was proper RP it would be IC and therefore good. If they did just blast the person and steal his spot, I would check his notes to see if he had a history of it. If not a warning and a note are in order. If yes then I would give a warning note and short ban.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would tell him to make a staff report if they wanted too, if the yelling didn't stop after awhile. I would ahelp for rule 3 violations. I cannot handle the matter myself since I'm involved.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    That is a IC issue, there is nothing I could do even if I wanted to. I would tell him that poor connectivity is a way of life on BYOND.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Give my personal opinion on the matter. I wouldn't want to start a battle between us. But I feel they should know.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Inform a higher up to help resolve the issue. Staff fights are never good. I would otherwise stay out unless there was a breaking of staff rules or bias towards the affected.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    You guys need help and I love to help. I wish to help see the community grow and prosper. And maybe give my take on a few new ideas. I truly wish for the best of the server. Since this is pretty much the only game I play now.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience and a calm head. I think it is very important for admins to never lose their head, and to view a scenario with patience in mind. To do this would mean less mis-judgements and happier players. People dealing with mods would leave happier if a mod didn't explode on them. I believe I can do this and more.

Anything else you
    In my last mod application, I tried acting like a admin/mods that I'd seen in other games. Like Gmod and Arma. I see now that CM surprisingly doesn't follow the trend of power-hungry admins. I believe now that I have more time in the game I truly understand it now. Unlike a few months ago

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Rko8504, thank you for your interest and for applying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rko8504 View Post
    Inform the player to take screenshots. But tell him that I cannot handle honor code matters. However I would tell them to make a report on the player. And provide a link if asked.
    While we cannot directly handle whitelist issues, it is within our power and highly recommended to perform an investigation regardless and send information to the relevant Council.

Ask if he knows what he's doing, also that he should click on my name to reply. If he is indeed a new player and can't find his way around. I'd call a mentor. If none were online, I would help him myself. And provide a link to the marine guide.
    Due to staffing changes it is now part of Moderation duties to provide assistance to new players as Mentors are undergoing a reform.

I would tell him that I am the mod in charge of this ticket, and he must deal with me. I would tell him to calm down, and deal with this is in a more rational way. If he felt I was being a improper mod and wished to report me. I would give him a link to the staff report page. If it gets to the point where he wouldn't stop. I would inform him that he must quit and the ticket is closed. If he didn't after that, I would call another staff member to handle it. As I cannot due to my involvement.
    You are correct in regards of controlling the aHelp and that they cannot ask to speak to someone else. If they're being extremely aggressive you can give them a 3 hour ban to cool down.

This is a sensitive matter. I would get statements from every player involved. Check logs, and probably ask another mod to assist me. The marine could have done many things to earn a perma-brig. However if the MP did in fact just perma brig a player for stealing a attachment, then it's a violation of marine law. The MP would be told this, and given a note and warning. If he had a history of poor MP performance. Then it would be a job ban. If he had a history of griefing, then its a server ban.
    While commendable that you're happy to ask for help, situations like this are ones we commonly face and resolve solo, it is advisable to review Marine Law while handling the aHelp and remember that only one charge can be applied per incident (excluding Resisting Arrest and Aiding & Abetting)

Ask IC why he did it. If he states he is new to medic and unsure of how to do it(whether IC or LOOC) I would help them IC and call a mentor. However if they weren't new. It would be a direct violation of rule 4. But I would have to call another staff member. Since I am directly involved and cannot handle it myself.
    Whether someone is new or not the rules are not enforced differently. You should investigate and make a judgement on if you believe they are intentionally griefing or are merely incompetent, and take the corresponding act

I would give every mutiny member a link to the rules and inform them of rule 17. I would point out the finer rules, and if they had any questions ask now. I would watch the mutiny and make sure no rule breaks occurred.
    For a mutiny to occur all involved must have their names aHelped for record keeping. If there is no aHelp, you can take necessary action to prevent the mutiny occurring, although usually telling them not to in LOOC or PMs is sufficient.

Ah, a man with a IQ of 1. Classic grief, breaking rule 4. Aheal everyone affected. Give the longest ban I can, and file for a perma-ban.
    The maximum bans we place are 7 days. It is worth remembering that accidents can happen and sometimes people panic. Take circumstances into consideration before you act, usually waiting a few minutes can change the outcome of an incident where a player has disconnected.

Everyone can slip up. I wouldn't take this too far. Unless there was a event where the command staff knew about it. It is a breach in the start. However if the command staff player has no history. I would only give a small note. If they had a history of it, a note warning, and temporary jobban would have to happen.
    Our Job-Bans are permanent until appealed.

Get statements from everyone there. I would check logs if it was infact RP related. If it was the last spot and there was proper RP it would be IC and therefore good. If they did just blast the person and steal his spot, I would check his notes to see if he had a history of it. If not a warning and a note are in order. If yes then I would give a warning note and short ban.
    Kill or be killed is a viable reason to murder someone to get on an escape pod, but is generally a dick move. It can be argued for and against so it is recommended to check the circumstances as best as you can.

Give my personal opinion on the matter. I wouldn't want to start a battle between us. But I feel they should know.
    You should also collect details/evidence of the issue and take it directly to their respective manager.

Inform a higher up to help resolve the issue. Staff fights are never good. I would otherwise stay out unless there was a breaking of staff rules or bias towards the affected.
    We have a discord channel for resolving incidents like this, although you are not expected to know that.

Thank you again for your interest, I may have some more questions for you over the next few days.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Rko8504, I see a large improvement from your past app.

It seems you understand a lot better our rules and procedures, but we can still work more on that.

remaining neutral but i am leaning towards positive despite your little oopsie last week.

Will return with some questions on a later date.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll throw out a +1 on this. I've seen you in game and you seem alright. Your answers aren't amazing but I feel like you can hammer the majority of your issues in a trial.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a definite improvement between this app and your last one. I believe any issues you have could be ironed out in a trial, so you can have my

+1.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok, onto some questions.

a player ahelps another player metagaming on early round, talking about facehuggers on alamo at first deployment, while looking at his notes, you find out that he has two notes, one for free hate on marine on looc and one note for violation rule 12 (Character Names) explain how would deal with it?

How do you manage your anger?

Do you see a staff member (anyone from staff, can be a t-mod or even a manager or host), making a +18 coments on Dchat, what you do?

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    ok, onto some questions.

a player ahelps another player metagaming on early round, talking about facehuggers on alamo at first deployment, while looking at his notes, you find out that he has two notes, one for free hate on marine on looc and one note for violation rule 12 (Character Names) explain how would deal with it?

How do you manage your anger?

Do you see a staff member (anyone from staff, can be a t-mod or even a manager or host), making a +18 coments on Dchat, what you do?

1. I would pm the player, asking if he knows about rule 6, in metagaming. I would provide a link to the rules and point it out. Since neither of his rulebreaks are for rule 6 I wouldn't take strong action. Especially since I believe everyone makes mistakes. As long as the player would stop when first asked, I would leave a note. A slip of the tongue isn't the worst thing. As long as it didn't become a common thing I think it would be fine. However I would keep an eye on the player. Due to his earlier notes.

2. Anyone who has seen me in Dchat can know I can get a bit heated when I die. But they would also see my salt levels drop after my first minute in Dchat. This is because whenever I get angry I simply take a step back and look at why i'm angry. I don't ever see the reason I'm angry at CM to be enough to continue being angry. So I go from 100 to 0 really quick, if at all.

3. I personally don't think its the worst thing in the world unless it gets excessive and unnecessary. If so I would ask them to politely stop what they are doing, if they continue I would contact a higher up and ask for their help or advice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. I would pm the player, asking if he knows about rule 6, in metagaming. I would provide a link to the rules and point it out. Since neither of his rulebreaks are for rule 6 I wouldn't take strong action. Especially since I believe everyone makes mistakes. As long as the player would stop when first asked, I would leave a note. A slip of the tongue isn't the worst thing. As long as it didn't become a common thing I think it would be fine. However I would keep an eye on the player. Due to his earlier notes.

2. Anyone who has seen me in Dchat can know I can get a bit heated when I die. But they would also see my salt levels drop after my first minute in Dchat. This is because whenever I get angry I simply take a step back and look at why i'm angry. I don't ever see the reason I'm angry at CM to be enough to continue being angry. So I go from 100 to 0 really quick, if at all.

3. I personally don't think its the worst thing in the world unless it gets excessive and unnecessary. If so I would ask them to politely stop what they are doing, if they continue I would contact a higher up and ask for their help or advice.
    Ok. we had a severe issue on the pass where a player with +4 notes would go unbanned. Too many notes and no punishement. so when a player has too many notes on a space of 3-4 months, bans are applied following the ban table.

We expect you as a mod is able to control your salt and anger as you are staff member.

No one is above the rules we enforce, nor coders, managers or such, but a simple PM asking to tone down is enough, if not, collect evidence and proceed to pm the manager with it.

I belive you deserve a trial. +1

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are in the middle of the round, just chilling, and you decide to write up the perfect advertisement for joining the mod team, to post in OOC. What will it look like?
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oof advertisement isn't my greatest aspect, but i'll give it a go

You there, yes you! Ever thought about giving back to your community? Ever wanted to support the game that you've dumped hundred of hours into? Well now you can! Applying for mod allows you to support the community and cleans up the server. With summer in full effect we need more mods to help police the server. There is no better way to help the CM community grow than to join the mod team! So join today! Help us make the already amazing community of CM even better!