Byond ID?
    theXDkidoflol

CM Character?
    Jacob "Kevlar" Kelar

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST, but my sleep schedule is fucked.

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Maybe twelve, but kinda random.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Mhm, on two SCP Discord roleplay servers and a current one on Fallout: Florida, a discord roleplay. I did some fucking around on a localhost with five friends on /tg/ code back when it wasn't shit if that counts.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Fallout 13, and might pick up VG. Might. Used to play on TG, but shit happened.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    //showthrea...ic-Application
    My DENIED synthetic application.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    :thinking:

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Fallout: Florida, a discord fallout server.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not that I know of.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    SuperiorServers, an utterly shit Garry's Mod server, and probably a few more.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes. I'd try to encourage it in other moderators as well.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    First; that's against the rules. No Griefing. So, assuming it's verified he just shot someone randomly, check his history. Does he have a history of griefing? If so, apply a one hour to permanent (Very unlikely) ban depending on how frequently he does it, time since the last one, etc. If not, shoot him a PM and mark it down in his notes.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Do some investigating, but not much. I'm not a member of the pred council, so I'd make sure the ahelper knows what player reports are and link him to the predator honor code. Worst case scenario, get someone more qualified on the matter.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Shoot him a PM, ask if he's new, make sure he knows how to respond. If he is, give him the starter guide, suggest he should read it through and get another muhreen to help him through the game. If not, just scuffle away awkwardly. Just kidding. If not, say sorry and leave.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Tell him that if he doesn't like my judgement, then he can file a staff report. Save any evidence, and mute him from ahelps if he continues. If he has a bad note history/starts acting badly then apply ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Find him, check his notes, if this has happened in the past say that "You've been warned before, you should know not to do this" and apply ban. If not, tell him about Rule 12 and change his name, apply note.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is not my job, this is the MPs. Taser beats rifle.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Ask the marine if the survivor was openly hostile. Check logs, to see anything along "I'm friendly!" and if nothing shows up tell the muh-reen that it was alright to be killed, since survivors can sometimes go insane.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    First of all, PMs. Get the statement from both sides. Second, logs. Figure out who did what. Decide which side's story lines up. Check notes. If it's in favor of the MP, then the player lied, it's an IC issue and maybe a note or a ban if they have a bad history of griefing. If it's in favor of the player, I'd politely ask the MP to give them a better sentence, and to use Muh-Reen law more.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Wait for an ARES scan. Then first, subtle message the commander. Say something like "You know backup isn't coming... it's time to attack." If that doesn't work, give the benos a queen message. If that doesn't work, high command message. If THAT doesn't work, prepare operation: warn.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'm PLAYING as a medic. Ahelp it. Staff should be the same as players if they're playing, and you might not have all the facts.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell him it's fine, they're hostile faction members.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    PM the player to stop, while checking note history. If it's a bad note history, apply punishment appropriately, but if it's not, just apply a note. If he doesn't stop apply ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Tell him that you don't murder someone over a punch, and that's against rules. Since this is, all things considered, a confession, just check notes and apply a light punishment.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Say in OOC for the leader to ahelp it with the names and reason. If someone does, it's good to go, but remind them of mutiny rules. If nobody does, say the mutiny will be deemed invalid and that anyone participating may be warned or banned until it's valid.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell people in LOOC (or OOC if it's widespread) to calm it down. If it doesn't calm down, apply light punishment.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban him (probably perma, at least seven days) and revive/heal anybody effected, say in LOOC for anyone who was effected in any other way to ahelp.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Attempt to find out why using PMs. Check notes if he's done this before. If not, and he has a good argument, apply note. If he has, and/or has an awful argument and/or is blatantly griefing, apply xeno ban/ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Immediately PM him asking him to stop, check notes, apply note if no bad history, apply xeno ban if he does or has an awful argument or is blatantly- you know.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Tell them it's fine, since the hivemind is just an English transformation of what they see and transfer to eachother mentally.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Ensure he actually did it, then PM him about it and say it's metagaming. Check notes; if he's got a bad history apply job ban and if he doesn't apply note and maybe a small job ban.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Lots of PMs, and log checking. Why? To find out the need for it. If he tried to shove out the marine first, throw him out, and only did his last resort murder/if it was escalated properly, then it's fine. If it was wordless murder, it's grief.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell him that staff reports are a thing, give him the link, if he keeps it up, apply mute, if he keeps it up ICly, apply ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him to get to the Almayer ASAP, and that I'm sorry but shit happens.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely tell him about the mistake he made; if that doesn't work, try to delay punishment and get a higher staff.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Ask them to try to delay punishment and get a higher staff member to decide the matter. I'm not going to take sides and worsen the situation.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Give people proper judgement they deserve, and give back to the community. I've had some great times here, and it's best to make sure others do as well.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to remember we're here to have fun.

Anything else you
    I'm just gonna assume this is extras.

My ckey is bad because I thought byond wasn't what it was. And I uploaded this early because I slipped and clicked enter.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, theXDkidoflol, and thank you for expressing your interest in joining the Moderator team.

The first thing I need to address with your application is our ban times, we have a specific chain of escalation for bans which is visible below.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

That aside and moving onto the answers to questions;

Quote Originally Posted by theXDkidoflol View Post
    Do some investigating, but not much. I'm not a member of the pred council, so I'd make sure the ahelper knows what player reports are and link him to the predator honor code. Worst case scenario, get someone more qualified on the matter.
    You should always investigate situations regarding whitelist incidents, whilst we are unable to handle them ourselves the more information we collect and can provide for the councils the better.

Shoot him a PM, ask if he's new, make sure he knows how to respond. If he is, give him the starter guide, suggest he should read it through and get another muhreen to help him through the game. If not, just scuffle away awkwardly. Just kidding. If not, say sorry and leave.
    Rather than passing them to another player you should help them yourself, part of moderation duties include teaching people how to play if they require help, not delegating to standard players that come to enjoy the game and play rather than teaching others.

This is not my job, this is the MPs. Taser beats rifle.
    A quick check to see if the MT is hoarding equipment may be of use, but usually you don't need to do anything.

First of all, PMs. Get the statement from both sides. Second, logs. Figure out who did what. Decide which side's story lines up. Check notes. If it's in favor of the MP, then the player lied, it's an IC issue and maybe a note or a ban if they have a bad history of griefing. If it's in favor of the player, I'd politely ask the MP to give them a better sentence, and to use Muh-Reen law more.
    Marine Law prohibits multiple charges being applied for one incident, excluding Resisting Arrest. Neither Trespassing nor Theft can be punished with permanent confinement, it is therefore advisable to check logs and/or ask the MP what charges they have arrested the player for and determine if they have violated the arrest procedure with their given charges. It is worth noting that Trespassing along side Resisting Arrest can reach Permanent confinement, but authorisation is required by the CO or CMP, if there is no CO or CMP it goes to the XO.

Wait for an ARES scan. Then first, subtle message the commander. Say something like "You know backup isn't coming... it's time to attack." If that doesn't work, give the benos a queen message. If that doesn't work, high command message. If THAT doesn't work, prepare operation: warn.
    Moderators are unable to send messages from High Command or ARES, so usually stagnation is better to QM the Xenos to attack, exceptions are of course if there is a much higher number of marines that evacuated with very few xenos.

Say in OOC for the leader to ahelp it with the names and reason. If someone does, it's good to go, but remind them of mutiny rules. If nobody does, say the mutiny will be deemed invalid and that anyone participating may be warned or banned until it's valid.
    Using OOC to address the marines about a mutiny is usually ill-advised, as it can lead to metagaming. It is usually preferable to PM each player or use LOOC.

Ensure he actually did it, then PM him about it and say it's metagaming. Check notes; if he's got a bad history apply job ban and if he doesn't apply note and maybe a small job ban.
    We do not have timed Job Bans, and all placed are permanent until appealed.

Lots of PMs, and log checking. Why? To find out the need for it. If he tried to shove out the marine first, throw him out, and only did his last resort murder/if it was escalated properly, then it's fine. If it was wordless murder, it's grief.
    Kill or be killed is a viable reason to murder someone to get on an escape pod, but is generally a dick move. It can be argued for and against so it is recommended to check the circumstances as best as you can.

Tell him that staff reports are a thing, give him the link, if he keeps it up, apply mute, if he keeps it up ICly, apply ban.
    Generally speaking if someone is insulting you directly it's better to leave it to other staff to remove any doubts of objectivity, but this isn't always mandated.

Politely tell him about the mistake he made; if that doesn't work, try to delay punishment and get a higher staff.
    Do not interfere with their actions, collect evidence of what has occured and take it to their respective manager only. No other staff need to be involved, it must be taken directly to their manager.

Thank you again for your interest, I may have some questions for you within the next few days.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right, you seem to have a fairly reasonable knowledge of the rules and a poor understand of the procedures, but you can learn during the trial.

I have some questions:

How do you manage your OWN anger and salt?

A member of the staff is talking +18 content on dchat, how do you deal with it?

A player crashes duo byond instability, he comes back and ahelp requesting a heal, what do you do?
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Right, you seem to have a fairly reasonable knowledge of the rules and a poor understand of the procedures, but you can learn during the trial.

I have some questions:

How do you manage your OWN anger and salt?

A member of the staff is talking +18 content on dchat, how do you deal with it?

A player crashes duo byond instability, he comes back and ahelp requesting a heal, what do you do?

My personal method to answer anger and salt is just back up. Leave, take a breather, then return.

Collect evidence and try to get a higher staff member on the matter.

Tell him that I'm sorry it happens, but we can't do anything about it.

Sorry I don't know much about procedure, but there's not much about it that I could easily find.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My personal method to answer anger and salt is just back up. Leave, take a breather, then return.

Collect evidence and try to get a higher staff member on the matter.

Tell him that I'm sorry it happens, but we can't do anything about it.

Sorry I don't know much about procedure, but there's not much about it that I could easily find.

Indeed, you're not expected to know about our procedures, but we open up to you to create your own procedure than we compare to our stabilished one. We test the common sense.

About +18 Content, while being a serious issue is a stuff that i belive that a simple talk over a PM would solve the issue like, "Hey coder, go easy on the +18 comments." Just because we are staff, we aren't above the rules we enforce. If he refuses to stop, proceed to collect evidence and deliver to the manager or head manager himself.

Must say, i am VERY pleased with you answers and i would be happy see you in trial, before giving my vote, i would like to see you answer forest's questions.

Will remain neutral but VERY biased towards +1
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers to Hunks questions did it for me.

+1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff member keeps calling you a nerd in OOC and other players start to bandwagon against you. What comeback do you come up with?
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTICE: This is a copy paste so don't be surprised if I don't read shit.

I'm gonna be gone for a week or so. Don't try to contact me. That's all, bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so.
    On account of the fact that I pretty much play a game for a week and then stop I'd like to say I don't really think I'd be a good moderator anymore. Sorry this took longer then expected. But yeah, after more thought it's preferred if you just close this.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noted. Thank you for applying regardless. Maybe we shall see you applying again in future.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001