Dorkkeli
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12:35 Pacific
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue

5. Determine the punishment.

Do not abuse your power
    Description of the incident
    I built a mini autism fort in atmos maint utilizing a floodlight, 40 plasteel, a single m56d and 8 barbed wire.

https://imgur.com/a/krqksVR

For reference, the floodlight would be diagonally left above of the computer console.

I received a PM telling me not to use indestructible floodlights and it got deleted. That's fair enough, I expect this from building autism forts. I briefly explained (as there were xenos destroying the barricades before I was able to get up the m56d) that the southern portion of this fort can be melted, and is not completely indestructible. I know for certain the pipe dispenser can be melted, I'm not sure I can say the same for the suit storage units. I'm fairly sure they can be, though.

Here is the ban reason: https://imgur.com/a/Qk0a8BU

Now I do have a previous note about building autism forts, from a little over a month ago

Player built a giant fort in maint as Engineer, a path was opened for the xenos to avoid delaying the round an extra 15 minutes: https://i.imgur.com/sVhMYAX.png Player was spoken to about building this stuff. | Mon, May 20th of 2019

Look at this fort compared to the current one. I think we can agree the latter is on a much larger scale. And for that I only got a simple note for it, while I disagreed with it at the time, I understand why I got it. As I used 150 plasteel and mulitple stacks of metal and two sentries.

The keyword in this is "giant" fort. The fort in question is not giant in anyway. It's relatively autistic, yes, but not completely and utterly impassable. And it was even more by-passable by the deletion of the floodlight.

In the past there was a player report about an autism fort on Sakuyoi.

//showthrea...i-Autism-forts

Here was the final verdict: https://imgur.com/a/SfyF1SI

Now Dorkkeli already deleted the indestructible floodlight that I was abusing, and could simply be left at that. As it was the main thing preventing xenos from rushing me and killing me. I only had a single m56d, I can't cover both the west and south at the same time.

So what was basically an IC issue that was already handled by admin powers turned into a 3 hour ban and another note.

Funnily enough, in the report I linked, Dorkkeli DEFENDED the autism fort. Unless there's some secret rule that you tell moderators about "autism fort bad," this leads me to believe this wasn't done in completely objectivity. As this is definitely before Dorkkeli became a moderator.

I have done multiple autism forts in past, and all of them (save for ONE) were handed by a simple 2 to 3 clicks to delete an object.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Removal of both notes about the fort and the ban

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now chief. Your use of floodlights was ahelped about, which I promptly deleted and questioned you for it.
    That is fine. I would have left it at a note and a warning, but then I saw a note regarding autism forts. I observed for a bit on how xenos were fairing, and they were not fairing well. They managed to get through one plasteel cade, and they had two to go, against the MG. Needless to say, several xenos died.

The argument that it is an IC issue is debunked by the fact that you got warned for it. If you get warned for doing something, and you carry on doing it, you get an escalated punishment, which with us is: warning > 3 hour ban >1 day ban > 3 day ban > 7 day ban >permanent ban (with some leeway and exceptions). Mere slaps on the wrists do not always work, and I made the call that a more "harsh" punishment is in order, since it was another issue with you and autism forts.

After discussing it in msay with my seniors, I came to the conclusion that I will escalate the punishment, which was quite fair in my opinion, regarding your history with autism forts.

I have no further things to add, I believe I didn't 'abuse my powers', as you claim, and that I handled this case to a proper degree of punishment.

That is all.
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 07-09-2019 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Forgot some things
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a witness to the whole thing till he was banned and fell over allowing xenos too break in and kill him. SD defense was still going on during that time so he wasn't in any way delaying the round.

His little defense could've easily been taken care of by bringing a boiler over instead of xenos just running head first into him with his M56. If anything you could call the SD defense an autism fort by definition of them doing the same thing and trying to survive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things to this one. One; using the indestructible lights for a fort is going to be a no pretty much anyway you look at it. While I cant quite tell from your picture, I'm guessing it was at the front, keeping xenos from getting in without melting the walls.
    Two; I'm assuming that although Dorkkeli commented on the previous appeal he did not see the resolution of it. That Forts or more or less an IC issue. Now let me hasten to say, that doesnt mean you are totally in the clear if you want to build an "autism fort." Parts of it can still be deleted, and heck, abombs can still fall on you at an admins digression. But unless they are huge, resource hogging, round delaying monstrosities of steel and guns, generally you shouldn't be noted for it.

While your ban has long expired, I will remove your note. Resolved.