Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fury97 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Fury97

Player Name You Use Most?
    Mike Thompson

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Never

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    For me personaly, i would se a BE only as last resort to restore order on the battlefield.
    To end someones life should only be the last option. A normal execution is usually committed by the MP for serious offenses like murder wich are breaking the marine law. a execution should always be the last resort. But if there needs to be a quick solution to deal with someone who posses a danger for the ship and its crew, and there is no other options available, i would personally pull the trigger

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Key for LT Thompson were always following guidlines: �Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.� "Better use the Shovel more then normal and sweat for building defences, that will spare blood" And "Lead from the Front"

Lt Thompson does not fear do be on the Battlefield, its where the Marines will die for him, if he chooses the wrong tactics, and he knows that marines will die, but he will prefer the defense, because equipment can be replaced, his men cannot. He always accesses the situation closely and does that also from the front. He carefully chooses if he stands and let the enemy run on his carefully prepared defenses and ambushes, but is not afraid to attack when the time has come. He do believes in every officer under him, and he believes that an SL is capable enough to lead his men, so he dont needs to micro everything they do.

As for how he would handle the given situations, it depends on the department and the rank of the person, always look who is the troublemaker and what his influence over the department and the people is.

Thompson always believe that a man does earn a second chance, if he makes himself clear and states how he would adress a matter, the most important thing to say is here: It dont depends on the Department, it depends on the situation, there is no clear line to draw here, every person in the crew is a vital part to the success of an operation, so he chooses the punishment if an situation occours.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Thompson does believe since he was a lesser officer, that the Job of an CO is to lead with example. Inspire the Troops as well as the crew, "Regard your Soldiers as your Children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys, look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you, even until death."

Thats how he would handle it. As SO he does everything he can for his Men, and he would do the same for the entire Ship and its Crew.

To Lead can be a burden, but to inspire whilst doing so, he will ensure that the Ship will run smoothly, his Job is to inspire and lead the Ships Crew and soldiers, so that every one takes his duty seriously and performs not because he must do it, instead he wants to lead with example, that the people want to give their best.

He knows, that by helping people, he will they will perform even better then if he would have punished them.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Im not 100 percent sure if this exist, but there should be an system, if the co dies, the xo will be promoted automaticly or atleast there should be a way that the rights ands dutys are not lost, so that if the COs ID maybe is lost on a planet, it will not mean that nobody can take up his place, like giving medal etc.
    EDIT: I maybe stated something wrong here, i know that the XO has basicly the same rights as stated in the comments, but i basicly ment, if CO and XO are gone for whatever reason, and you have basicly just SO�s and co left in charge, you are, without the Ids from the XO or Co pretty much fucked.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    My best RP and devotion to my Role
    I am experienced with more then 5 Years Arma 3 Milsim as leading officer and moderator, also i am a military historian in my spare time as a great hobby, and i worked in my country military for a while.

I wanna share my thoughts and perspective on things to lead the USMC to Victory under one Banner.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Open Dossiers:
    USS ALMAYER
    File CO Thompson.doc

NAME: Mike Thompson
    ALIASES: "FURY" "ARCHANGEL"

PLACE OF BIRTH: LUNA (United Americas)
    DATE OF BIRTH: 22 February 2164

SEX: MALE
    HAIR COLOUR: BROWN
    HEIGHT: 5 feet 11 inches
    WEIGHT: 176,37 lbs
    BUILD: AVERAGE
    EYE COLOUR: BLUE-GREY

ACCESSING COMMAND HISTORY...
    READ ACCESS...

OPENING:

It was the the 5th of July, Marines under the young CO Thompson
    were send to a colony were Colonial Liberation Front Riots were reported.
    It was a routine mission, in the outer territorys colonies demand more frequently independence, but this colony hat vital research from Weyland Yutani on it.
    The Marines went in to trouble quickly as there were overwhelmed by the terrorists and malfunctioning synths, it was a pure massacre.

Thompson did his best to hold the Line with his Marines, some just turned 18. The battle was for both sides a bloody hell. Mortar shells pounded the ground everywhere. No reinforcements where in sight.
    One Marine after another fell, as Thompon, armed with his Pistol leads from the front and shouted orders to the marines, "Hold the Line" and "Stand your Ground" was the most common sentence survivors of the operation can remember.
    "There was dead bodys everywhere, they fortified themselfs to well and we were expected to just charge in without reinforcements or tanks? I dont know why we did, but seeing the LT at the front with us, that was unexpected, i thought he would be behind in some command center... There was a moment were i saw him carry away a medic after he has lost his leg to a mine."
    Reports state that the Colonial Liberation Front has fortified their colony well and that the distress was just an Ambush.

"Well, basicly we were researching CENSORED for the corporation, as we were CENSORED CENSORED the Colonial Liberation Front ask us to provide them with the new CENSORED so given the situation we CENSORED..."

Reports further more indicate that Thompson safed himself 10 Marines in Combat and carried them to a medic, as he was seen with a bloody uniform, he was ask if hes hit, but it was not his blood.

The Operation was a total disaster and missinformation lead to many dead marines. The Corporation could secure its interests and his research tho. If they would have told us that CENSORED...

LT Thompson was awarded the Medal for Exceptional Heroism and was promoted to Captain.

As he was asks were he would like to be stationed he mentioned:
    "USS Almayer. It was build over my Home, and it shall be my new Home, as i want to protect any Colonies out there, that People can call Home."

FURTHER INSIGHT IN DOSSIER REQUIRES HIGHER CLASSIFICATION LEVEL

PLEASE GET AUTHORIZATION FROM USMC HIGH COMMAND AND WEYLAND YUTANI
    Last edited by Fury97; 07-07-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played with you in a round earlier today, and when given command of the CIC you did a good job, but I also hadn't seen you before that round. In your story, your character was promoted to Major instead of Cap'n, but you are applying for Captain. The XO is also already capable, mechanically, of doing just about everything a CO can do - they even have access to the CO's quarters, they just can't BE people and there's some funkiness with marine law too but that's a nightmare to get into. Now since that was a suggestion normally I wouldn't care but I think it's important to play enough XO to know that before you make an app.

Like I said before you were a pleasure to have in the CIC and you handled that ridiculous 5 hour ice round very well at the points when you had the CIC, but this app seems a tad premature.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing to say at all, this whitelist app says it all.

I'm sorry. -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to give it a go you know If its denied, of course i keep on playing ! I enjoy the CIC and put in more hours in it for sure, as for the Major, i changed now, i just tryed to remember wich was the first Acting Officer and acording to the Internet its Major, and goes with Captain afterwards, so i just wanted to keep it that way. But yes thanks for sure for the Info. I will play more and learn more, but i do live by the motto, if you never try you can never know for sure what went wrong. So if this application should fail, then i fail eeven better next time until i succed I know that its maybe unlikely that people will accept it, but my chance to contribute to it, i still take today ! Because, every Time you read, hey if you think you got what it takes join Mods, or CO and so on. So i do aply for a job if i think i got what it takes too, i dont wait until my chance is gone if i can stay in the minds of people.

Also, good way to see how the people think around here A comment can help me for the present and the future, to improve myself and see what people do believe and how their personality is shaped.

Of course, with everybody giving a -1 for whatever reason, no hard feelings! Failing is a process to succeed, what most people sadly dont know.
    But thanks for your Time, appreciate it!
    Last edited by Fury97; 07-07-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you anyways for your Time! Good Luck with your application
    Last edited by Fury97; 07-07-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. So first and foremost, I want to clarify a few things;

• The features and abilities that COs have (i.e. to give medals) that other Command roles don't have are intended as a privilege of the whitelist.
    • Your role doesn't change depending on the capacity you're serving in. If the CO dies and the XO is in charge, that doesn't make them the CO and you the XO, you remain XO and SO respectively. And if that XO were to similarly die or leave, you would still be an SO, even if you were running the CIC. The reason I mention this is because in that previously mentioned Ice round, you were continually sending out communiques and announcements as the 'XO', and later the 'CO'.
    • A promotion from LT to CPT is a huge leap that would never happen (skipping two ranks, LCDR and CDR).

It's not a huge deal, but it highlights the fact that you don't quite grasp the ins-and-outs of Command and what it would mean to be a CO - as does the application as a whole. I think you need to take a bit more time playing Command and CM in general, and come back when you've gained some more experience and can put out a better app for it.

Until then, however, it's a -1 from me.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, thanks for your Time, i see if thats the System, its sometimes bad, but i get it that now that its for WL purpouse.

Second: Yeah. as i was told by some people ive asked basic question from the discord and how it was handled in my Milsim unit, of course you still have your rank, but you are, "acting" in that role since command chain has change, i was just to busy to write Acting before it every Time.

Third: Totally aware of it But if i want to start out with LT for example and would get promoted to Major, wich is totally possible, then it like: Well your not Captain, but also an Officer, and as you of course stated, from LT to CPT would be a big jump, can happen, happend before but of course is highly unlikely.

INFO: Im talking over the Ranks from the Marines, as he was an Infantry Officer, not the Navy ones, before everybody starts yelling about Ranks ^^'

Thanks for your Time !
    Last edited by Fury97; 07-07-2019 at 01:27 AM.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do you usually play? Also GMT, EST timezone ?
    Staying neutral for now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, im in UTC+1,

normally i play in the Evening, but it depends really on my job, because my work time change frequently, but mostly im either in the evening or early morning active

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed your answers tend to lean towards a view of the CO as almost exclusively a field officer while glazing over their shipside duties and roles. This alone makes me a bit uneasy, but it's also pretty clear you've edited parts of your application since getting feedback (for instance, the promotion to major instead of captain mentioned by one or two people is suddenly not part of the story anymore and there's even a part where you've included "edit" in it, making the change/addition fairly obvious). I'm not sure what the Council's stance on things like that are, but I feel that the fact that you've changed at least two parts of your application while it's up for consideration seems a bit dishonest to me. If it wasn't for this fact, I'd be neutral on this since I don't recall seeing you play SO or XO, but I really have to give it a -1 if for no other reason than to draw attention to this.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.