Byond ID?
    step210

CM Character?
    Stephan Kars

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC-4

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    I will be available for about 24 hours on school weeks, although since it is summer i will be available 24/7.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No, i have none prior.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not really I dont fance any other game on beyond but CMSS13.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    //showthrea...or-Application
    //showthrea...ja-Application
    There is a third but I was unable to find it.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No, i currently am not and do not plan to.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No, I have not been banned on any other server.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, On Paradise station. I was attacked with a knife repeatedly ,and used extreame violence to protect my self killing him in the process which lead to me being banned.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes i am ready to be on discord 24/7 to help those in need and to get to know my fellow partners in crime.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    This depends on what happened. Did the marine go for a gun and straight up gun him down or did he accidentaly shoot him due to him either being bald or not having the right preferences or intent set. I would message them to find out what happened and asked the people in the surrounding area what had happened to clarify what he did. After this I will handle the predicament with the correct manner needed.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    First I would ask the player if he had done anything to make himself unworthy for the predator to not uphold honor while killing him. Then after hearing the players explanation I would ask the predator what happened to get the view from his perspective. After hearing both players out I would ask if anyone had seen when this fight took place and can explain what had happened. If it turns out the marine did something to make himself unworthy I will simply ignore it, though if it turns out the predator broke the honor code I will give him a warning as it states in the regristration if you have read over the code and have extensive knowledge. If I see that its the same predator committing the act over and over I while be forced to take action to stop him from being a predator again till the matter is discussed with the whitelist council.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would message him indicating where he should go. I will also send him a link to the CM wiki allowing him time to read it over before he starts playing as the game can be harsh to newer players. I would also tell him to ahelp if he has any in game issues Regarding to him playing.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would mute the player for a while as he is ignoring my responses and being very disrespectful towards me although this can cloud my full judgement so I would ask a higher rank staff member to help approach this player. Though if I was the lone moderator of the server I would warn him of the conseqences of disrespecting admins and mute him for a while waiting to see if he will abide by the rules or continue to disrespect. If he continues I would temporarily ban him putting him on time out for a while to cooldown.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would send a message to the person telling them that they gotta change their name from John Doe as it goes against the rules. I would then as a

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would message him indicating that the security level is green asking him if he knows what that means and if he doesn't I would explain to him that it means there are no threats present on the ship and that he shouldn't be armed as he is not a marine nor is was he deployed to go planet side. If he says he understands and knows what he is doing well I will let him carry on to see what he will do, whether or not is goes against the rules or RP.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would indicate to the player that he was an unlucky person as this is fully allowed to happen. I will explain that survivors can either be hostile or non-hostile but they have to be open about their decisions as if they are not open now that would be going against the rules.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would indicate to the MP that they are not allowed to put him in their as he has not earned it, I would indicate to them that he has comitted theft and trespassing not amounting to a perma hold. Though this can change as it may have been an order from the CMP or CO, and I would of coarse check if the CMP knows what he is doing as sometimes they are bald.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Only if there is no admins in the server I would send a message to the current acting commander to not delay the round anymore and push with all they got or if they have no commander send a OOC message to them all. If there is commander there however and admins are in the server I would ask them to run a bio-scan to show them not to have fear nothing to fear.

When the marines have landed and the xenos continue to hide I will send a Queen Mother message stating them not to delay the inevitable and should go out with all they have got fighting to the death.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would report it to my SL so that my SL can report it to the SO,XO or CO. If this is a regular habit of this person, like they do it more than once , I will would check their player reports and be forced to temp ban them while I discuss the matter with the admins and developers to sort it out. As they have been greifing and I would ask a admin+ to heal those he have overdosed if possible.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would indicate to him that hostile factions may continue to kill after round end.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would pm him to calm down, because messing around at the very start of the round is Low RP and ruins newer players experience. Although if he has the same reports in his history then it will be a 3hr ban or more depending what he has done in the past.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would check what happened between the two thoroughly. I would note and warn him or ban depending on the situation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would have to send a message in LOOC to remind them to ahelp the people who are doing the mutiny before it takes place. I would also give them a heads up to do this before it takes place if there is a next time.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would LOOC them to stop what they are doing, they shouldn't offend people as this can lead to them feeling out of place resulting in bad consequences of the person they bully. I would also tell the person they bully to not take them serious as people in CM live on salt.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban the player for a few days reviving the people he killed in the process. I would also ask the admins+ to check his IP, as I may not be allowed to, so that we can perma ban his IP preventing him from rejoining.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Warn the player that it is low RP and tell him to read the wiki providing the link if he is new. I would also make a note if he is not checking his files if he has done it in the pass. If so xeno ban as he has continue to do it over and over.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Send a pm telling him to pipe down as it is low RP. It also may be due to the fact that he may be new as CM has become very popular in the past weeks. A simple PM or warning would suffice.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Pm them telling them to read the CM slangs as it may be difficult for them to get used to it for it was like that for me at first.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    First I have to check if their is an event that allows humans to have knowledge of the xenos for the round. If not send a PM to him telling him it is Low RP and he may want to read over the rules and etc.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This would be allowed as it is high RP. He wishs to live so he is willing to kill his fellow man to save his own live, humans 101. Although if this is something he has done multiple times it may catch my attention.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell him to pipe down or make a report on it at staff reports. If he continues I will request a 3hr ban for him.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would indicate to him that nothing can stop this as it is a online game and the game doesn't wait on people. Happens to me sometimes too.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Me and my fellow staff member can just discuss it together in what ever communication form moderators have. If we both continue to disagree we could get a admin+ to help sort out the matter.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would suggest we call for a senior moderator or admin to sort out their argument.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I love the community, it is quite a great community as people are nice to one another and can relate. I simply want to help give back to the community as they have given to me so much with my past stupid ahelps. I seemed dumb with some of those at a point but I have grown a lot.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience, this is the most important aspect as you will have to be very patient with each individual as each person may have different questions no matter how they may seem.

Anything else you
    I simply wish to help build the community. I love how the developers and admins have been here from what seems to be 2015, WOW. Like the determination and work they had to put in to build this place is incredible and I simply wish to see it continue to strive.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I while be forced to take action to stop him from being a predator again till the matter is discussed with the whitelist counci
    Unless the player is violating the server rules, you cannot take actions against the whitelisted player. The most you can do is let the affected player know that they can make a player report.

I would mute the player for a while as he is ignoring my responses and being very disrespectful towards me although this can cloud my full judgement so I would ask a higher rank staff member
    You are allowed to just ban a player if they're being a dick. You don't have to deal with their shit.

I would then as a
    Looks like you cut off there bud.

I would message him indicating that the security level is green asking him if he knows what that means and if he doesn't I would explain to him that it means there are no threats present on the ship and that he shouldn't be armed as he is not a marine nor is was he deployed to go planet side
    Unless someone ahelps you should not inject yourself into this as we are there to stop everything before it happens.

I will would check their player reports and be forced to temp ban them while I discuss the matter with the admins and developers to sort it out.
    You'd have time to check player reports? Also what do developers have to do with this? The best you can do it just ahelp. Don't try to solve your own problems as a mod as this creates a lot of bias.

I would also ask the admins+ to check his IP, as I may not be allowed to, so that we can perma ban his IP preventing him from rejoining.
    You can do that yourself, and also as a mod you can put in a perma request.

Pm them telling them to read the CM slangs as it may be difficult for them to get used to it for it was like that for me at first.
    Xeno languange is translation of xeno thoughts, so calling a dropship "dropship" is not against the rules.

Overall your answers are not bad, everything could be ironed out during a trial. Here's some questions for you to answer:

1. The commander goes to the FOB and executes 4 players at once who are not guilty at all. What do you do?

2. The queen devolves a hivelord because he was not building enough sticky. The hivelord ahelps and says they were devolved for no reason.

3. An SL sends Alamo down 12:15 sharp. Someone ahelps it.

4. A player says : ))))) IC. He already has a note for this but it's 1 year old.
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 07-08-2019 at 05:07 AM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for pointing out my line that I left out.

As it relates to your questions:

1. As the rules state commanders are allowed to enter the battlefield and kill any player at any time only if the player had done something to make this happen by not following the marine law. A commander must make a world wide announcement of the marines and why they are being executed, however this can be ignored in a code red or blue situation. This commander though goes to battlefield and executes 4 innocent people who committed no crime with no proof whatsoever but his own words. I would PM him to see what is going on though even so I have give him a warning as he is going against the marine law. It isn't something that should require a ban as long as it isn't done constantly, now if his notes says he has that would draw my attention.

2. Xenomorphs are an extention of the queen as such they have no free will of their own. They must follow the queens orders to the fullest so it would not be something that is really needed to be intervened with. Although this can depend on the queens' action throughout the round; has she ignored suggestions, mocking the xenomorphs,leading xenos to death on spite and etc.

3.This one is a little tricky for me as I think it is metagaming but it may not be. You were not very specific in your question meaning you didn't say if people went down in it or not. So I will base it off people are in it, if so then they are rushing the hive not giving the xenomorphs enough time to get T3 or their hive together properly with captures. This SL was not authorized by the CO I presume? I would take actions necessary by stopping the power rush of the SL as briefing didn't even happen.

4. Just a simple PM to tell him not to do it would be enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The responses are fairly iffy, and a lot of them seem to stem from lack of understanding of the rules/general gameplay. You seem to be a still relatively new player, and it's respectable that you want to join the staff team, and while a lot of these issues can be ironed out, I think it would be more beneficial for all if you allowed yourself more time and understanding within the game.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So from these responses you do seem to lack a clear understanding of the rules and with your behavior in game specifically when you ahelp to have staff stop IC things is rather concerning. You also began to argue with me in LOOC over IC events saying they "Made me edgy" I think you could benefit with some time on the server as a player before you become staff im afraid.

Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed to hear issues with Taketheshot56, and several recent notes make me feel that you may not be a good fit at this time. I suggest you reapply in the future, when you've got a bit more experience under your belt.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At present I can't support this application.

You received two notes since you made your application, one on the 14th and one on the 15th of July. If you are unable to follow them while you have an application open I question if you could while on staff.
    Your answers are generally acceptable with a few exceptions, and as a whole your application is ok.

I believe you should apply again at another time, go a month or so without getting new notes and I'll give my support.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 at this time. Two very recent notes, though on a minor issue, is enough to me to ask that you try again in a month or so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied for the reasons stated above. Get some more play time and experience do some more research on how we handle things, keep your nose clean and try again in a few months.