Byond ID?
    UntoldTactics

CM Character?
    Jasmine 'Unstable' Rose

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    AEST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Around 25~ hours.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, Roblox. (Please don't laugh)

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes, Citadel station, halo station, corporate mercenary and a bit of Bad Deathclaw.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    (Answered above? I think this might be a glitch)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, on oracle station about probably nearly a year ago, maybe less. I released a singularity on the SD device without admin permission.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd first check how long they've played, if its a short amount of time, i'd just message them and inform them about fire safety and how it works, as well as the fact there are few reasons to shoot a fellow marine, and to check before doing so if something escalates to such a point. Should they be a older player, i'd inform to be careful with their fire, and leave them with a warning, and possible note/punishment depending on their notes.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Well, i'd ask them to clarify what exactly they've breached in the honor code, should it be a legitimate breach, i'd inquiry the predator in question, should it be minor i'd leave a note, if it was a major violation, i'd ask an admin on what to do, and possibly let them take over (I dunno how the system works for those who violate their whitelist rules)

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd inform a mentor (if any are online) and attempt to get the mentor to talk to the new player, if not, i'd message them personally and query if they needed help, and give them some basic guidance, and lead them to the CM wiki.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'd inform them that they have no control over who responds to ahelps, and that being rude to a staff member is against the rules and should they continue they may receive punishment. Should they be uncooperative, i'd get the most information possible from them on the situation, before investigating and punishing them as well with most likely a note, or a tempban (If moderators can do that) depending on how severe their behavior is. (Or their previous notes)

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd investigate, and thank the player for informing me, assuming there is a John Doe marine, i'd check their playtime, if they are a newer player, i'd inform them of the rule that bans names that are famous, known or a 'meme' and that John doe fits this category.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd message them, informing them depending on their playtime that this is not an action that is allowed, and that most ship-side crew that are not officers should be unarmored and without a weapon unless the alert level rises, or a threat becomes evident, and that officers may have a sidearm. (Basically, if you spawn with a sidearm, you get to keep it, if you don't, don't get one unless there's a reason)

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Well, i'd inform the marine, that survivors can choose to be hostile from the start, i'd investigate the logs and check if the survivor was truly hostile from the start, if they were, i'd dismiss it at that with informing the marine. Should the survivor be lying, i'd punish the survivor with a warning and note, and probably aheal the marine should they have any damage that a medic cannot fix easily. I'd also check if anyone else has been killed by said survivor.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    This is a very illegal action, and for a first offence ICly, that shouldn't happen, so i'd check with the MP first, and with req staff to see if this actually occurred the way the player stated, if there was a much more major incident, i'd inform them to not to lie to staff, and give them a stern warning with possible note, should they be telling the truth, i'd investigate the MP, and ask them what lead to this, if the MP is new, i'd give them the marine law guide, and tell them the MP role is for more experienced players, and probably get the MP to lower or remove the sentence drastically. Should the MP be an older player, I'd most likely leave a note and warning to not do this, and why its against the rules to do so. (It ruins the experience for the player, and is really just against space law and OOC rules)

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Well, i'd most likely subtle the CO/aCO into possibly charging an attack, as the marines mostly outnumber the aliens, should the aliens be further delaying after that (assuming my subtle on the CO worked) i'd create a Queen Mother message and tell all the xenos to attack, and die honorably and not be cowards.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd inform another staff online as handling it myself is usually a bad idea, if no other staff are online, i'd probably (assuming they're a massive risk and hurting multiple players a lot) take it into my own hands, and remove the player from the round, pending a real investigation by either me or another staff member if they come online.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Well, if possible, i'd quickly inform them that EORG does not apply to already hostile forces (Marines are hostile to xenos, vice versa, and CLF are hostile to marines, vice versa) and that this is a action that can occur.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Well, i'd check the marines playtime, a newer player will get a warning, and be guided to the rules, a older player will be left with a note, and told not to do it again. Should they disregard my warning (the newer or older player) i'd probably punish them with a tempban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Well, i'd inform the murderer that it is against the rules to do that, and it is illegal escalation, the best response would to be inform an MP, however you can punch back and escalate from there. If the player is newer i'd leave it at at that, a older player would receive a note, however if the player had notes of this happening before, i'd give them a tempban with the newer note.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Well, this is a major disturbance to the round, I'd OOCly state (through announcement or just OOC) that the current mutiny occurring is improper, and that all sides should cease their action, then i'd investigate as to who started it, by checking logs and such, and punish the people accordingly.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Well, i'd inform those involved and ask them to simply stop politely , should they stop i'd take no further action, however if they continued or got worse, i'd give them a sterner warning, if again they continue, i'd issue notes and perhaps kicks/tempbans.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would ban them for the maximum time possible, and send in a request on the forums for the player to be permabanned, as well as removing their body from the game, and I would aheal everyone who got hurt/killed.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd check the players notes and their playtime, newer players with less or no notes, i'd give them a simple warning, and tell them this is against rules, giving them the benefit of the doubt. An older player with notes/few notes I'd issue a note and a stern warning.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd check this players playtime, if they are a newer player, i'd tell them that this is not allowed, and that the queen is a matriarch that you cannot really disrespect as your fully slaved to them in the lore. A older player may end up getting a note depending on their reaction to my messages.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd inform the person that ahelps that whilst not usually done, its not low roleplay, and it is very much allowed, I may inform the player who called it a dropship about xeno slang, but not force or really ask them to call it a bird or such.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd thank the player for informing me, and warn the command staff player, if they are newer, i'd tell them that marines round start know NOTHING of the aliens at all. Should they be older, i'd give them a more stern warning, but probably leave no notes.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is a tough one, i'd check the situation out fully, and see if there was anything else to lead to this, however the situation detailed in exact form is pretty much allowed, but is a pretty bad/annoying thing to do, considering this is all a game. I'd inform the marine who did this that this action is usually not that good of a thing to do, and whilst it obeys rules, that it can be considered a mean thing to do, and further doing it could lead to punishment depending on the situations that arise.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Well, i'd message them again and inform them that disrespecting staff is against the rules, and leave them with a note informing the situation and such, should the player continue their ranting, i'd probably issue them a tempban and the note with punishment details.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Well, i'd inform him that this cannot be done, and that if you go SSD, it is your responsibility to do so in an area that is safe, and that if you cannot do this, you will have to deal with the consequences.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd inform them, and let them correct it, if they fail to, i'd inform their manager (depending on their position such as dev/mentor/mod etc) with evidence and the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would gather evidence, and inform their respective managers, as involving myself personally would be pretty stupid and most likely useless. I'd let higher level staff members handle this.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Well, I quite enjoy CM, and seeing that they need more mods for the timezone i'm around is encouraging me to apply, and I feel like I want to give back to the community, and help keep the game as good as it is, i'd also like to gain experience in moderation in the event I apply for staff in other servers.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Well, there are many qualities, but most important would probably be patience, from what i've learnt, log searching can take a while, and players can be quite frustrating and salty when something happens, I believe this quality of patience is very important when handling such things, as you must remain calm of mind as a staff at all times.

Anything else you
    Nope, just thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by UntoldTactics; 07-10-2019 at 10:47 AM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, UntoldTactics, I'm going to go over your answers within the next 24-36 hours. Apologies for the long wait.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=UntoldTactics;25246]

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Well, i'd ask them to clarify what exactly they've breached in the honor code, should it be a legitimate breach, i'd inquiry the predator in question, should it be minor i'd leave a note, if it was a major violation, i'd ask an admin on what to do, and possibly let them take over (I dunno how the system works for those who violate their whitelist rules)
    Staff cannot discipline WL'ed player for breaching their respective WL rule sets (i.e. a Yautja player breaking the honor code). What you do is you investigate, gather information and tell the player to make a player report after the round is over. You then provide whatever information you have in the report.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd message them, informing them depending on their playtime that this is not an action that is allowed, and that most ship-side crew that are not officers should be unarmored and without a weapon unless the alert level rises, or a threat becomes evident, and that officers may have a sidearm. (Basically, if you spawn with a sidearm, you get to keep it, if you don't, don't get one unless there's a reason)
    This is an IC issue. Unless the guy starts breaking a server rule, you leave it to the MP's.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Well, i'd inform those involved and ask them to simply stop politely , should they stop i'd take no further action, however if they continued or got worse, i'd give them a sterner warning, if again they continue, i'd issue notes and perhaps kicks/tempbans.
    Minor racism is allowed, though if it escalates feel free to escalate disciplinary actions as needed.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd check the players notes and their playtime, newer players with less or no notes, i'd give them a simple warning, and tell them this is against rules, giving them the benefit of the doubt. An older player with notes/few notes I'd issue a note and a stern warning.
    Unless the Queen is at the frontlines and the larva player is making an attempt to get to her w/o knowing she's frontlining, this is a job ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd inform the person that ahelps that whilst not usually done, its not low roleplay, and it is very much allowed, I may inform the player who called it a dropship about xeno slang, but not force or really ask them to call it a bird or such.
    Xeno's can call the Dropship a Dropship, they don't need to use slang.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is a tough one, i'd check the situation out fully, and see if there was anything else to lead to this, however the situation detailed in exact form is pretty much allowed, but is a pretty bad/annoying thing to do, considering this is all a game. I'd inform the marine who did this that this action is usually not that good of a thing to do, and whilst it obeys rules, that it can be considered a mean thing to do, and further doing it could lead to punishment depending on the situations that arise.
    Marines can save their own skins via 'freeing' up a spot on a pod in case of an Evac, though we do like to see the bare minimum of RP done. In an absolute pinch (Xeno's are on your tail and are about to swarm the pod), the bare minimum of RP may be overlooked.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would gather evidence, and inform their respective managers, as involving myself personally would be pretty stupid and most likely useless. I'd let higher level staff members handle this.
    Mostly correct. Inform YOUR boss, don't jump the chain of command and go to theirs.

--------------------------

Overall a decent app. Nothing to glaring that I would say you couldn't prove yourself during a trial. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good Mr. RobBrown4PM mentioned anything in your answers that was wrong, so no point in prodding on that. I see that you've got pretty good playtime and generally seem to follow (and have an understanding of, based on the answers to most of your questions), the rules. You're also in a timezone that desperately needs some more mods, so I'd definitely say +1.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roblox experience aside, this looks pretty good. Definitely worthy of a trial at the very least.

Accepted. Check your inbox by the end of the day for more information.