Your Character Name?
    Bob Shoe
    Their BYOND Key
    Sargash
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9PM CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Remain Professional, no matter what happens

Rule 3. Don�t be a dick - Harassment, racism, bigotry, homophobia, exploiting bugs, cheating, hacking, and just plain being an asshole.
    Description of the incident
    Posted a joke towards Starmute about an announcement that was made moments earlier. A little after Sargash decided to say I was drunk as fuck in general chat in front of everyone. Quit drinking two weeks ago, and bringing up my past addictions in front of everyone is extremely toxic and unbecoming of a discord mod.
    Evidence
    https://i.imgur.com/DTTsnoq.jpg

You�ll most likely be able to find other posts from staff members asking me if I�m drunk or right out calling me drunk from the past.
    How you would punish the accused
    Removal of being a discord mod. Someone who say�s things like this to a member of the community has no reason being a discord mod.
    Last edited by Jerkface00; 07-12-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Event Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta tell you, I read this complaint and the gut reaction I had was "Is this a serious complaint?"
    On it's face I have a hard time not immediately thinking this is a complaint made in bad faith.

The reason I have a hard time accepting this is a good faith complaint is mainly because a search of your name and the word drunk shows 10 instances on the first page of results with you claiming to have been drunk, and one instance of you saying someone else was drunk less then a week before the instance causing this complaint. Additionally, as you say, others have previously and recently called you drunk, whether reasonably or not.

Why is this the first complaint on the subject?

You have a reputation for being drunk. You've stated that you were drunk at least in 10 instances in the past based on a rudimentary search.

If you're trying to change that and your reputation for the same, more power to you. But I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to all know and work with you to that effort on the drop of a dime, especially without prior notice.

It seems to me like the first step to getting people to quit calling you drunk when you act silly or are having fun, where you have a reputation and have on numerous occasions claimed to have been drunk when acting similarly, would be to private message the person in question and tell them what's going on instead of complaining about what was hitherto apparently normal interaction.

Let's also add the context of what was said by you right before sargash made his statement:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...94/unknown.png

With all of that said, lets assume this is a good faith complaint.

2 weeks is a short time. Not everyone is going to be aware you're trying to break an addiction. Frankly I wasn't aware you were doing so until your statement in this thread, so I can't exactly be surprised that others are not aware either. I'll be sure to inform the discord mods that's a subject to not poke you on.

But as far as a staff rule 3 violation, I don't think removal from staff in any form is warranted when the comment seems to have been made in reaction to you posting the above doctored screenshot. Do you really expect us to discipline someone for retorting when you make it look like they said something they didn't? It's some ballsy stuff to post a potentially reputation-damaging picture and then complain about a potentially reputation damaging retort.

I'm going to give this thread a day or so to allow follow up. But I don't think you have a leg to stand on here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then take this report as a notice to staff members. Considering anytime I did drink it would be only on weekends or one day out of a week, so assuming randomly in the middle of the workday that I'm drunk is a stupid assumption.

That screenshot was also taken when a serious discussion on metacomming was going on with Sargash. Wanted to lighten the mood with it, and instead of Sargash saying anything Lordington came to my PMs and then made the announcement.

Considering all that happened and about ten minutes later Sargash made that comment towards me I doubt it wasn't made with a jab towards me.

Before this report was made I knew it wouldn't go anywhere, but now staff is aware. Also, in no way was the picture "potentially reputation-damaging." If you believe that and considering the situation in where I posted it then you all take this volunteer job too seriously.

Edit:

I'd also like to say that Sargash came to me in DMs 3 hours after this report was made. He sent me a message apologizing, and said his reasoning for his statement was he didn't want a higher staff member coming in and yelling at me for my usual posting.

Like I've stated above I already knew this report would go no-where and he wouldn't be losing any part of his staff roles. His apology is accepted and from here on I'd like staff too not assume I'm drinking because of me posting how I've always done.
    Last edited by Lumdor; 07-12-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Apology accepted

Event Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is resolved.