Byond ID?
    Sakuyoi

CM Character?
    Lily Izayoi

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-20+ hours. Im usually up on lowpop since i have the privilege in working in my home my schedule is mostly free for moderating.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    N/A

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Tgstation rarely.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=19446 - Synth App (Denied)

one or two mentor apps but i cant find where it is now.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Repeated.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    None.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    None

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    OOC issue but must be dealt ICly.

Contact the player who shot someone and ask why they did it. Check note history for rule 14. If its the first time they did it apply a note. But if its the second time apply a ban.

If the person has been permabanned due to this and the MPs have the marines body.
    If its a special role like a medic/spec/sl/smartgunner/engineer. I would then try to contact any MPs to move the body into cryo to free the role for other players to get.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform the predator that someone ahelped them and if ask the predator if they think they broke an honor code to gather evidence. As the player is a whitelisted role i will suggest the person who has ahelped to make player/whitelist report so that the whitelist council can decide what the punishment would be. Then if the player who ahelped has made a report(forums) i will provide logs/evidence that the council can use for their decision.

If the predator broke server rules like griefing using their tools. I have the means to give them punishment but only the council can revoke their whitelist.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Ill use PM and provide links on marine guides to try and help the player learn the game i would then try to ask some veteran players (if they are willing) in the players squad to try and help him enjoy the game and try to teach him in LOOC too so they can interact with the new player and make the player enjoy the game.

I know that it falls to the responsibility of the mod to teach a player since mentors were removed. But it would be nice if the player could interact with other people other than the mod to make the players experience as fun as possible.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I have all the means to handle the report since i was the one who marked it. I would not relay this to an admin+.

I would remain professional. But if they think that theres some kind of bias against them because im the one handling the ahelp and they are not comfortable then i would check and see if there are other moderators online and try to pass it to them if they are not busy.

If there are no other moderators online then i will inform them that i am the only one who can handle their ahelp and if they have a problem with the punishment i've given to them then they can make a staff report about the incident.

Ill try to deescalate the situation by talking to the player further using PMs to make us agree on each other.

If they persist on escalating the insults i could mute them or give them a 3 hour minimum ban depending on similar recent notes. Then add a note for rude behavior.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I will state rule 12 to the player and tell them that i could assign a new name for them. Then i would apply a note so that the other staff members could see them in case the player breaks it again.

If the player does this again after the round in where a note got applied PM them again and if they claim they forgot to save a new name I would advise them to be cautious next time and do the same thing and apply another note as a heads up.

If this keeps happening again and again i would apply a minimum 3 hour ban depending on similar notes.

If the player is an ERT spawn and someone has ahelped them. I would then locate the player and i would tell them that the ERT spawn gave them a name that breaks rule 12 and ask for a new name. If the player is in combat as ERT spawn then dies then i would leave it be as this is a system mistake and not the players.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue. MPs are made for this.
    Ill keep a look out on potential griefing that the MT might do later on.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    IC issue. Survivors has rights to attack USCM because they might be suffering from PTSD due to the xeno attack. They cant turncoat against marines when they are already rescued and aboard the ship.

Investigate whether the survivor was being outright hostile from the start. If not. I would state rule 2 to them and apply a note. If the survivor has done this in the past then i would hit them with a minimum 3 hour ban/or a job ban depending on similar recent notes.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    IC issue.

Maximum punishment for trespassing is 30 minutes and theft is 30 minutes hence its possible for them to be permabrigged with the permission of the CO/MP.

If the CMP/MP has been putting people on maximum sentence in the round (for some reason) then i would advise them to cool it off a bit.
    After that i would talk to the prisoner that its IC issue and i cant do something about it because they are just doing their job. I would tell them to lessen doing things that MPs can brig them for.

If the player is a normal MP and not the CMP. I will state to them that they cant permabrig without authorization from the CO/CMP. Hence the marine that is brigged is to be moved in a normal cell. Put a note on the MP in case they do it again for other staff to see.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use QM directive to tell the aliens to attack the marines for their mother and make her proud or try to fax via high command to make marines push.

Or if an admin is available and is not currently busy i will try to ask them if they can spice things up so that the battle continues again. (if they are willing to)

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would check their playtime based on their ckey. If they are a beginner then i would try and help them using LOOC. But still apply a note.

If the player has played long enough to know whats happening then i would apply rule 4 and if the player has notes on rule 4 i would ban them 3 hours minimum depending on recent similar notes.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    IC issue. Its not EORG if they are two hostile factions.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    IC issue but depends on the context which can make it OOC. So i need to investigate if its just normal delta behavior and everyones cool with it.

If multiple marines were affected or something valuable was stolen that could affect the game then i think this would fall to round start shenanigans. Contact the marine and tell them that someone has ahelped them due to this. Apply a note. If there are recent notes of round start shenanigans apply 3 hour minimum depending on note count.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Investigate the situation if proper escalation happened.
    if not i would tell them that its improper escalation i would state rule 14 to the marine that got ahelped.
    It should be push>punch>melee weapon>gun. Then apply a note.
    If the player has previous notes about improper escalation that can lead to a ban then i would ban them 3 hours minimum depending on how many similar notes they have.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Use LOOC/MOOC then tell the leader of the mutiny to make an ahelp of the members/leader/reason of the mutiny for record keeping. State rule 17. If the mutineers are less than 5 members or doesnt have a valid IC reason deny the mutiny permission.

If the mutineers start shooting at CIC without permission/or not cooperating with staff try to deescalate the situation by sleeping them. Ask another mod to help you in the incident. Note all mutineers with improper mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    IC issue. But ill try to deescalate the situation using LOOC and telling people that someone is uncomfortable of them saying racist things. Uphold anonymity of the person who ahelped so that they dont get picked on OOCly.

Check if there are really heavy comments of racism and apply rule 3 to those who broke it.
    Check note history of recent similar infractions and ban depending on note count of the said infractions.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Wait for 3 to 5 minutes. While waiting check ckey playtime in server.

If the person has a high playtime and logs in again i would ask on why they shot and killed multiple marines. If the OOC reason was acceptable i would give them at most a minimum of 1 day ban and a note. If there was any history of the same thing happening again then i would apply a 7 day ban and request for perma.
    If it wasnt a reasonable reason i would then apply a 7 day ban and request for perma.

If the person has a low playtime and logs in again i would do the same and talk to them on why they did it. If the person didnt understand any of the rules i will give them a link to the rules page and also state what rule they broke. Then i would apply a 3/7 day ban depending on how the player was being cooperative with me in the process.
    And if they didnt cooperate with the staff and didnt give a good reason then i would apply a 7 day ban and a request for perma.

If the player doesnt come back for an explanation i would apply a 7 day ban and a request for perma.

Ask everyone using OOC/MOOC to ahelp for an aheal.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask the player on why they did it. Put a note. If its their second offense apply at least a 3 hour minimum ban.
    If theres a lot of notes regarding this then i would do a 1-3 day ban depending on note history and request a perma xeno/queen job ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Tell the xeno player that they should refrain on saying those kind of things and that its LRP. Also insulting the queen is LRP. At most i would advise an ahelp on why are they insulting the queen in the first place. Still apply a note since its LRP. If the player has notes of being LRP as xeno apply a 3 hour ban minimum depending on recent note counts(LRP)

If the xeno is insulting the queen then i would do an investigation on why. If the queen is kind of tyrannical and most of xenos feel like their round is getting ruined by the queen or just the queen being uncooperative to xenos. Then i would then ask the queen to cool it off and try to be as cooperative as possible. If the situation doesnt improve and queen kept antagonizing the other xenos apply rule 3.
    If the queen has notes of rule 3 as queen then at most i would apply a 3 hour ban depending on similar notes.

Then ask using QM directive if someone wants to take over queen.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Hivemind is the english translation of xenomorph thoughts so using those kind of words are fine. Tell the xeno who ahelped that its IC issue and the reason why.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Contact the command staff that marines dont know whats on the planet and warn them for metagaming. Apply a note on metagaming and check if there are recent similar notes on metagaming. If they keep doing it again and again file for a blanket command ban and a ban depending on recent notes.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    IC issue.
    If xenos are outside the pods and he didnt have a choice and the guy was taking the marines seat he could shoot him so that he can incapacitate another player just to evac.

Still depends on the context though. If the marine took the pod only for their own and shot other marines it would be a rule 4 and 14 violation. Apply a note. Check if there are similar notes. If there are at least apply a ban depending on note count of the similar incident happening.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell them in PMs to cool it off and say i dont want to escalate the situation. If they dont. Apply rule 3 and check for similar notes. If behaviour isnt improving and other staff members were attacked by the said person recently apply a ban depending on infractions.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue. Ill tell the player that SSD happens to pretty much everyone at a bad time. Shit happens. Ill just advise them to go xeno at this point in order to keep playing.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    PM the fellow staff member and inform them of their mistake. Shit happens and sometimes people can give wrong judgement or information.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    This should be discussed with the other staff members in a civil manner so that staff can reach a conclusion whether it was right or not. And for clarifications to avoid this from happening in the future again.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Time to give back in the community and try to help as many baldies as possible. I kinda like preventing bad things from happening.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    For me its about being really understanding to other players and treating them like someone close to you or being a friend and not someone to fuck you up and ruin the game. Talking to them as like a friend while maintaining professionalism.

I remember when i was first noted when i was playing my first character braun by grimreaper. I was hostile against mods and i would hate the PM sounds. Now i just shrug it off and ask for clarifications.

Some players probably think the same too and i want to change what players think of the staff members. (this could be like on why would i want to become a mod too)

Anything else you
    ESL. i make video games only for myself and 3D model sometimes.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 07-11-2019 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Answer didnt save on one field when i accidentally hit main page. Just edited the two staff members arguing part.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I have all the means to handle the report since i was the one who marked it. I would not relay this to an admin+.

I would remain professional. But if they think that theres some kind of bias against them because im the one handling the ahelp and they are not comfortable then i would check and see if there are other moderators online and try to pass it to them if they are not busy.

If there are no other moderators online then i will inform them that i am the only one who can handle their ahelp and if they have a problem with the punishment i've given to them then they can make a staff report about the incident.

Ill try to deescalate the situation by talking to the player further using PMs to make us agree on each other.

If they persist on escalating the insults i could mute them or give them a 3 hour minimum ban depending on similar recent notes. Then add a note for rude behavior.
    Players don't get to pick and choose which staff they talk to. If they don't like you or your answer to bad. They can create a staff report on the forums if they believe you have broken P&P.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    IC issue.

Maximum punishment for trespassing is 30 minutes and theft is 30 minutes hence its possible for them to be permabrigged with the permission of the CO/MP.

If the CMP/MP has been putting people on maximum sentence in the round (for some reason) then i would advise them to cool it off a bit.
    After that i would talk to the prisoner that its IC issue and i cant do something about it because they are just doing their job. I would tell them to lessen doing things that MPs can brig them for.

If the player is a normal MP and not the CMP. I will state to them that they cant permabrig without authorization from the CO/CMP. Hence the marine that is brigged is to be moved in a normal cell. Put a note on the MP in case they do it again for other staff to see.
    Just make sure you get both sides stories and investigate the situation as thoroughly as you can.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would check their playtime based on their ckey. If they are a beginner then i would try and help them using LOOC. But still apply a note.

If the player has played long enough to know whats happening then i would apply rule 4 and if the player has notes on rule 4 i would ban them 3 hours minimum depending on recent similar notes.
    Just make sure you talk to the guy and investigate the incident in full.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    IC issue but depends on the context which can make it OOC. So i need to investigate if its just normal delta behavior and everyones cool with it.

If multiple marines were affected or something valuable was stolen that could affect the game then i think this would fall to round start shenanigans. Contact the marine and tell them that someone has ahelped them due to this. Apply a note. If there are recent notes of round start shenanigans apply 3 hour minimum depending on note count.
    This would fall under rule 4.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.[INDENT][I] Wait for 3 to 5 minutes. While waiting check ckey playtime in server.

If the person has a high playtime and logs in again i would ask on why they shot and killed multiple marines. If the OOC reason was acceptable i would give them at most a minimum of 1 day ban and a note. If there was any history of the same thing happening again then i would apply a 7 day ban and request for perma.
    If it wasnt a reasonable reason i would then apply a 7 day ban and request for perma.

If the person has a low playtime and logs in again i would do the same and talk to them on why they did it. If the person didnt understand any of the rules i will give them a link to the rules page and also state what rule they broke. Then i would apply a 3/7 day ban depending on how the player was being cooperative with me in the process.
    And if they didnt cooperate with the staff and didnt give a good reason then i would apply a 7 day ban and a request for perma.

If the player doesnt come back for an explanation i would apply a 7 day ban and a request for perma.
    This is pure dick behavior. Insta 7 day ban with a perma in the queue if this is a repeat action.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask the player on why they did it. Put a note. If its their second offense apply at least a 3 hour minimum ban.
    If theres a lot of notes regarding this then i would do a 1-3 day ban depending on note history and request a perma xeno/queen job ban.
    If it's a repeat action it's an insta job ban from both Xeno and Queen. Also, mods don't have to request job bans, they can apply them.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    IC issue.
    If xenos are outside the pods and he didnt have a choice and the guy was taking the marines seat he could shoot him so that he can incapacitate another player just to evac.

Still depends on the context though. If the marine took the pod only for their own and shot other marines it would be a rule 4 and 14 violation. Apply a note. Check if there are similar notes. If there are at least apply a ban depending on note count of the similar incident happening.
    I would make sure there is at least some RP done, even if it's the bare minimum.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    This should be discussed with the other staff members in a civil manner so that staff can reach a conclusion whether it was right or not. And for clarifications to avoid this from happening in the future again.
    This isn't your problem. Contact your immediate superior and give them this info, let them deal with it.

Anything else you
    ESL. i make video games only for myself and 3D model sometimes.
    Depending on your skills and willingness, maybe applying to be a dev would up your alley?

-----------------

Overall a pretty good app. However, your note history is not all that great. You seem to have a clear understanding of the rule however, your note history does not reflect that. Provide me some insight as to why there is this disconnect.
    Last edited by RobBrown4PM; 07-12-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post

Overall a pretty good app. However, your note history is not all that great. You seem to have a clear understanding of the rule however, your note history does not reflect that. Provide me some insight as to why there is this disconnect.
    Hello. Thank you for taking the time for replying to my app. I do realize that i've done some recent infractions before making this application and i must say that both of those were kind of an honest mistake (XO and the xeno one). I would then just make some clarifications on why i did those things though it may not be 100% accurate since it has happened days/weeks ago.

When i was the XO at that round most of the squads were asking for evac on LZ2. I launched the dropship twice via CIC computer and it says its on transport and its not landing for some reason so i headed down on normandy and checked why it was doing that. To my surprise it was on flyby mode but it was displaying as transport in the CIC computer. There was a PO(from alamo transport. I think we had one PO that round) and not many marines were inside normandy so i kind of just made a quick decision to drop with the normandy to evac marines from LZ2 then when the DS2 arrived on underground ice we were met with the queen and her xenos and unfortunately i got killed and DS2 got hijacked.
    I do realize that dropping without a CIC crew is a rule break and i made a really fast decision(due to the circumstance of the dropship flying twice on flyby) and my plan was just to evac marines from LZ2 so i thought "it should be fine. Which was not" that it didnt cross to me that i was rule breaking. I've played lots of XO rounds in where i was the only command staff on CIC and i do make sure that theres someone in there before i drop. This was an honest mistake on my part.

For the xenomorph. It is the only rule i forgot about and i thought it was alright if you "RP" that you were this "xeno" in the past life because "hivemind". I then asked for a clarification with the staff member and i was being cooperative. This was again an honest mistake on my part.

Over the months i improved my behavior to the staff team/players and had been cooperative when i make a mistake.
    And from those mistakes i learned the rules better.

If it weren't for the notes i got i would've not made this application at all nor learned how staff members address issues and how they talk to players.

I'd be happy to reply to more questions. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    Depending on your skills and willingness, maybe applying to be a dev would up your alley?
    Also to add. I would be more willing in doing a moderator position as i do believe im not up for the task as a developer. I just treat game development as my hobby for the meantime.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 07-13-2019 at 12:15 PM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to a good friendship with you I'm going to abstain from voting on your application.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Must say, in the past before i got to moderation i saw you as a toxic and problematic person, but now, i see a ENTIRE different person, the amount of positive notes surprises me. Must say, i am really happy with this.

You have a good grasp of the rules, i want to see other staff giving their opinion before my vote, i may or may not return with some questions.

Will remain neutral but leaning towards a +1
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to say that I am very pleased with how you turned things around. I know you and I had more than a fair share of negative interactions, and a fair number of your notes are from me. Looking over recent notes, while not fantastic, none of them are repeats of previous incidents, and most are just simple misunderstandings.

While there are certainly some issues, you've proven that you're able to learn from your mistakes and to understand them. I feel that's a critical attribute in any Moderator.

It's not a flawless app, and there is certainly room for improvement, I feel like it's certainly worth giving you a Trial, and during that time any issues can be hammered out.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What timezones are you available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    What timezones are you available?
    4 AM to 8 PM CST

otherwise (if i fix my sleep)

8 PM to 12 AM CST

I play at random intervals on those times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very much in-line with Grimreaper's thinking here. It's always good to see a player turn themselves around and work to improve their behavior and their standing within the community. There is most certainly work to be done, but nothing that couldn't be worked out in a trial. I'm willing to support you joining the team.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you answered my question well enough, thank you for that reply. I do want to see the best from and for all people, so I'm willing to give you a +1 here and look forward to seeing you as a trial should you receive it.