Your Character Name?
    Alan Jones
    Their BYOND Key
    Dorkkeli, Solarmare
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    18:17
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    a. This is very important because the seriousness should match the punishment. For example: using light netspeak (emoji's and such) is not a bannable offense for first time offenders; however, killing a marine for an insufficient reasons is.

4. Investigate the player's history
    a. Check the player's notes. If they frequently break the same rule, then the punishment may need to be more serious. If they haven't had a new note or violation for a few months, it would probably be best to give them a more minor punishment.

5. Determine the punishment.
    a. Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. Try to use warnings, and if you do need to ban don't be excessive. Most bans should not be above 12 hours.
    b. If a player�s general ban time exceeds 24 hours (they�re constantly being banned for more than 24 hours) then a permanent ban request may be filed if needed. If a player�s general ban time exceeds more than three days, then it is recommended that a permanent ban request is filed.
    c. If you feel someone needs to receive a permanent ban, give them a ban for 10,080 minutes (7 days) and make a post in the Permaban Request section of the admin forums explaining the situation and why you believe a permaban should be enforced. This should ONLY be done for repeat offenders, or players griefing the server (those bald pajama marines that shoot up the place).
    Description of the incident
    There was some chickens spawned in the Almayer or something and being dragged around all the way to the alamo. I found that as just another LRP meme and decided to stab one of the chicken.

Turns out that caused turmoil among some marines and i started being disarmed. I could understand that and I considered as part of the RP.

However I was stabbed two times in the encounter and both times i noticed an alpha mairne do it. The first time it was not serious, and I considered it to be an accident, but then I was stabbed a second time, which actually caused some damage. And not knowing whether or not the person would stab me again and cause severe damage to my character, I shot them down in self-defense.

As it turned out from the logs the people that stabbed me were two different marines from Alpha that at the moment I believed to have been the same person. The second person (the one I shot) turned out to be rather bald, and I am willing to forgive them for it. So that was my mistake commited.

I tried to explain this to the moderator, that it was a defensive situation, however due to bad history of a bunch of notes planted on me by solar mare after again defending myself from MP abuse in cases of being harmbattoned into crit (stun baton in harm intent), and the very same MPs he probably did nothing about or just warned while applying bans on me and making my note history look much worse that what my actual behavior ingame is. This was a rather long time ago and I overlooked it at the time. I'm sure that most of you already know me by now and you do know that I do my best every round to try and contribute as much as I actively can to my rounds as a player. If necessary, please allow players to give you feedback on my behavior.

And then again I am fed up with this, because I also find it extremely ironic how none of you staff members reacts to someone being disarmspammed and stabbed twice, or being abused by MPs through harmbattoning, but once that person stands up to defend themselves from an imminent threat it's the end of the world and the person should be banned.

And keep in mind that I was not responding to grief with grief, but simply preserving my character's life.

And honestly, I barely hold any confidence on the staff team's response in cases of misconduct by other players. Whether bald or not, I was assaulted by lethal force. In one of my notes solarmare mentions punches as "lethal force" and applied a ban on me for it. What is stabbing supposed to be? Including a case of him failing to properly investigate a case of MP abuse in a timely manner.
    Evidence
    Ask the moderator Dorkelli and look at the notes, pull out logs. Ban is currently in effect.

Also please display my whole note history for me and the public to see and also the name of the person who has assigned each note for the sake of transparency to what I mentioned above.
    How you would punish the accused
    I don't want them punished, frankly I couldnt give a crap about them. I just want my case investigated thoroughly, my note history re-evaluated and cleared up, and this 3-day ban lifted.

I honestly believe these judgements have done unjustice to me.

And as a final note, I would like this report to be handled by senior staff and the corresponding managers.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Arbs, as requested, although as per policy, the names of who assigned the notes cannot be disclosed.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs, broken up into sections.

Arbs attacks and kills a chicken, then gets disarm spammed/punched and hit with a knife by Julius Baer. Then they go back to disarming each other.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs then gets attacked with a knife again, but this time by Jaggy Braun.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs responds to the knife by saying:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs then shoots Jaggy Braun to death:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs is then adminslept by Fourkhan.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PM Conversation between Arbs and Dorkkeli:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dubszor; 07-12-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the swift response.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I'm a little confused here. Because this IS proper escalation.

Looking at the logs I see a total of at least 8 punches, 59 instances of disarm shoving from at least 4 different people. He was stabbed 2 times by 2 different people.
    If that doesn't tick the boxes for escalation I don't know what does.
    Were the 10 or so shots from Arbs a little excessive? Maybe, but once its escalated correctly there isn't really a limit to the violence two people can do.
    Were the 69 counts of... lets call them melee shenanigans excessive? Oh yeah.
    Weather he got stabbed by accident or not is irrelevant. He got stabbed. That's part of our criteria for determining weather or not a fight has been properly escalated. Once those "boxes" are ticked, you cannot untick them. And being new does not give you immunity to "accidently" ticking those boxes.
    Furthermore. I don't believe people "accidently" pull out a knife and stab someone.
    This decision was made by consensus by a group of admins and moderators together. And honestly I'm not sure why, for the reasons I've listed above. I'll be having a staff meeting soon and I'll try to clear up what confusion there is surrounding this rule.

Resoved. Ban will be lifted and note will be removed from your account.