User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aliens get free drop ship every time marins evac? What is roleplay justification?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why aliens get free drop ship every time marins evac? What is roleplay justification?

I mean i somewhat agree that Queen can just slam some big red button in cockpit.

But how aliens get empty drop ship fly down in the first place?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a lot of the extended LORE the xeno queens are very powerful beings that have some form of a psychic power.
    There's a few examples in some of the comics of xeno queens using a form of mind control on humans from long distances away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So queen mind controlling someone on the ship? Then why crew are unable to see change in beheivor of this mind controlled human and stop him? Similar to someone being traitor on regular ss13 games. I mean there should be some way to prevent empty drop ship flying down on planet, and as i know currently there is none - empty drop ship flying down after evac is scripted inevitable?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not perfect but it's necessary to continue the flow of a round.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you transport benos to the Almayer in less "magical" way and also not too complicated to code?

I have only one idea: WY/UPP/CLF hackers doing all the wetwork, while Queen is just radomly slashing console, thus disabling firewalls and shit. This is nice explenation, no "Psychic omniscent hivemind" bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    It's not perfect but it's necessary to continue the flow of a round.

Yes maybe, but forced inevitable event does not suit this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    How would you transport benos to the Almayer in less "magical" way and also not too complicated to code?
    Introduce some traitor roles, whose purpose will be to get aliens on the ship. For example corporation want to have alive alien so they order someone among the crew to bring it in any cost, even if all crew die, and ship full packed of aliens then will arrive to corporation on autopilot.

So this traitor crews hack consoles and pressing buttons to ensure that aliens will get their free way on board. And other crew will have chance to spot their suspicious behavior and stop them.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brroleg View Post
    Introduce some traitor roles, whose purpose will be to get aliens on the ship. For example corporation want to have alive alien so they order someone among the crew to bring it in any cost, even if all crew die, and ship full packed of aliens then will arrive to corporation on autopilot.

So this traitor crews hack consoles and pressing buttons to ensure that aliens will get their free way on board. And other crew will have chance to spot their suspicious behavior and stop them.
    Apart from staff not agreeing ever for shipside traitor roles (probably), what with the rounds where those traitors fail? Benos are supposed to stay on the planet and round ends in anti-climatic draw?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    What with the rounds where those traitors fail? Benos are supposed to stay on the planet and round ends in anti-climatic draw?
    Yes. How draw is bad? And anticlimaticness of draw will be punishment for marine players not fighting hard enouph and alien players not aliening hard enouph.
    Last edited by brroleg; 07-12-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brroleg View Post
    Yes. How draw is bad?
    With draw it's nothing, but that would be a draw with Benos and Marines pumped up full for a next stage of fight. I didn't said it's bad, I said it's anti-climatic.
    Also benos would cry if something doesn't directly depends on their action. Can you imagine acid salt generated by benos who would complain about unrobust traitors?