User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aliens get free drop ship every time marins evac? What is roleplay justification?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I understand its not the best 'story' for the round but gameplay wise I don't see another available alternative that's enjoyable for the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Can you imagine acid salt generated by benos who would complain about unrobust traitors?
    Oh, you right. Then no traitors. Just evac of marines is instantly a final in draw. And as i said anticlimaticness of draw is very good thing - it will be punishment for marine players not fighting hard enouph and alien players not aliening hard enouph.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brroleg View Post
    Oh, you right. Than evac of marines is instantly a final in draw. And as i said anticlimaticness of draw is very good thing - it will be punishment for marine players not fighting hard enouph and alien players not aliening hard enouph.
    Like marines aren't already punished by lights out, basically no comms, no newcomers, no surgeries, no OB's, no CAS, no REQ, DS dropping on their heads and shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Like marines aren't already punished by lights out, basically no comms, no newcomers, no surgeries, no OB's, no CAS, no REQ, DS dropping on their heads and shit.
    Yes, current situation with free drop ship for aliens - is huge punishment for marines, and actually blessing for aliens - its one sided. At current state aliens actually have no reason to attack at the end of planet battle cause they know they will get free dropship after evac.

But if evac will mean final end in a draw, then aliens will attack furiously, and this will make game more fun - and also more fair, as both sides is punished with a draw by its anticlimaticness.
    Last edited by brroleg; 07-12-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brroleg View Post
    Yes, current situation with free drop ship for aliens - is huge punishment for marines, and actually blessing for aliens - its one sided. At current state aliens actually have no reason to attack at the end of planet battle cause they know they will get free dropship after evac.

But if evac will mean final end in a draw, then aliens will attack furiosly, and this will make game more fun - and also more fair, as both sides is punished with a draw by its anticlimaticness.
    I guess we could try if it would work. Spam Ahelps and OOC messages at the end of the each round, or Gitlab it, or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that there should be a way for a draw in which the Almayer breaks orbit and leaves the sector. The ship is FTL-capable and the CO (with approval from USCM High Command) should be able authorize a retreat from the planet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't question logic of a 2D spessman game and you'll be fine

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dropships are actually contracted from Uber and Uber has a strict highest bidder program, the queen pays more for the dropship when she heads over and therefore gets it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its utterly nonsensical but its a necessary demon.

You will be hard pressed to find any Aliens media where a Queen can pilot a car let alone a dropship
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, some ammount of bullshit and unlogical actions are necessary. Otherwise current "Hivemind" gives benos such powers like having a brain in no shape, or form worse than random marine. Drones have pretty standard hands, so I don't see reason why such inteligent beings that are capable of piloting dropship wouldn't be able to pick up pulse rifle and shoot marines.