User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why aliens get free drop ship every time marins evac? What is roleplay justification?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gameplay.

That's the justification.

And I'm perfectly fine with that.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Earth War they administer an IQ test to a queen and she scores 160 I think, and realistically they may be much more intelligent than that since you wouldn't expect a human designed IQ test to uncover the full extent of a queens intelligence.

Then consider the average IQ of a PO, and you'll realize the dropship controls are probably designed to be used by an idiot.

Add in what is probably software full of security holes and exploits thanks to the USCM cutting corners to save money, and generals being bribed to buy whatever corporations are selling.I just assumed the queen uses her 1337 hacker skills to reconfigure the dropships OS, guess the password, and make all the text fall off the screen on the Almayer recall button so no one can click it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    In Earth War they administer an IQ test to a queen and she scores 160 I think, and realistically they may be much more intelligent than that since you wouldn't expect a human designed IQ test to uncover the full extent of a queens intelligence.

Then consider the average IQ of a PO, and you'll realize the dropship controls are probably designed to be used by an idiot.

Add in what is probably software full of security holes and exploits thanks to the USCM cutting corners to save money, and generals being bribed to buy whatever corporations are selling.I just assumed the queen uses her 1337 hacker skills to reconfigure the dropships OS, guess the password, and make all the text fall off the screen on the Almayer recall button so no one can click it.
    This is just pure ridiculous explenation. Just because someone is smart, doesn't mean he is a master in every field. You can have being with 1000 IQ, but it won't be able to hack a computer without ever using one and even then, won't be able to use a keyboard if it has fingers the size of a human hand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big flaw with adding traitors specifically to get the dropship up is everyone will metagame it, lets not lie to ourselves. The moment the marines evac, the CPT will "accidentally" spot a "suspicious" person and immediately code red and have MP's random taze anyone who doesn't look "right" (read: everyone) just to catch the one guy who's obvious objective is to send down shuttle.

That or he will have all MP's guard the dropships in case the "suspicious person" (read: no one he knows yet) "sabotages the dropships".

It doesn't even have to be that overt, it could just be veteran marine players themselves hanging around the dropship and if ahelped, they'll just say they are "waiting for redeployment" when in reality they are ready to blast the first guy who tries to enter PO cockpit that isn't the PO or CPT himself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to think the POs just always leave the keys in the cockpit. And that it's all just touchscreens to launch the autopilot back to the ship so the queen just gets lucky and presses the correct bit. The tricky part is docking with the ship which is why the xenos just crash into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >if the traitor doesn't get the xenos shipside the round ends in a draw

This is why you monkeys are in code cages and why CM is closed source with only suggestions allowed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about some sort of system where Queens "buy" traitors based on how many humans have been chestbursted? Her psychic power increases as more varieties of human DNA enter the hive and allows her to effectively antag random humans (or with a special variant, random humans of a specific rank or department).

This would end the question of unrobust/salty marine players tanking the "traitor" mechanic, and it would encourage capture-based gameplay on the xeno side since they would need these traitors to complete the dropship theft stage without a heroic mid-evac DS storm.

I'd make a suggestion, but I wonder how it would be taken given the history of opposition to standardized human antag gameplay outside of ERT, especially "traitor" mechanics.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moja View Post
    >if the traitor doesn't get the xenos shipside the round ends in a draw

This is why you monkeys are in code cages and why CM is closed source with only suggestions allowed
    Not gonna lie, I chuckled at that one.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brroleg View Post
    So queen mind controlling someone on the ship? Then why crew are unable to see change in beheivor of this mind controlled human and stop him? Similar to someone being traitor on regular ss13 games. I mean there should be some way to prevent empty drop ship flying down on planet, and as i know currently there is none - empty drop ship flying down after evac is scripted inevitable?
    A single Queen on Earth was able to incite paranoia, confusion and disbelief in a huge portion of the population, and was able to somewhat sway a small amount of people to do her bidding, to a degree.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    A single Queen on Earth was able to incite paranoia, confusion and disbelief in a huge portion of the population, and was able to somewhat sway a small amount of people to do her bidding, to a degree.
    Come on guys, storm this WY Complex-51. They can't kill us all.