Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yuliy - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Yuliy

Player Name You Use Most?
    Alysha 'Nutjob' Cooper

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...(Job-Role-Ban) | As a Queen decided that the whole hive should commit suicide since they were bad.;Accepted, Lifted

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Yes, an EROG. Duration of 240 hours, but have been lifted immediately from the moderator, Sargash, as there was a recent update related with the 'Help intent safety trigger' and explained the situation about.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I see the Battlefield Execution as a tool for a final resort after considering all other methods to handle; Including giving a warning, calling an MP and so-on. It is a tool to remove the 'bad-behaving' peoples in the most shortest and most effective way possible. Or possibly, when there are no MPs that may come in time, could be used as self-defense in a critical situation. Of course, obviously, I see that using this often or using it in even at the small case is very bad, as said before, I think it's need to be used after checking all possible methods.

On the circumstances that may be necessary to BE, is when someone's presence is and will actually threat not only to the commander, But also to include the entire mission and the general ship's and the crewmember's health. The example goes as immediate mutiny, where even the talk between the peoples who are annoyed and the captain cannot ease out the situation, and all methods that may handle out the issue excluding BE have been tried and failed. Or, another example of an RO completely disobeying orders and warnings, keeping their ASRS points "Just because" and not handing out the supplies to Marines and deny without reasonable excuse. Warning of course, must be given to the RO first.

Answering the part of the last question, I think as time and a chance. When normal Execution happens, the MP/CMP/Commander will provide long and reasonable time, while the executee will have a chance to appeal on their death penalty. But for the Battle Executions, there will be no much of a time and opportunity to avoid. However, when there is an emergency situation coming in, or in the emergency situation, the standard, normal Executions are impossible to be held, due to its time spent and personnel to be used, so that will be advantage and both disadvantage of both Normal Execution and Battle Execution.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My character will most likely to make a detailed sketch of the mission, but she'll change the tactics to another one if situation goes south quite easily. She is also awared that even when she's the one who oversees the whole mission and able to make a final decision, the one who knows the current front-line situations very well to their bones is the ones who is on the front-line, not her, who stands behind so she'll most likely to take advice.

When she saw an insubordinate department, she will try to find the main problem and a reason why peoples do not agree and follow her words, instead of forcing them to stand on the line right away as peoples don't go mad and angry without reasons. - But. Misison itself is also important, so some parts, it needs to be just ignored and it is necessary. This isn't a hotel that anyone can get anything they want, it is a military ship after all.

General insubordinate
    - Peoples don't go mad and angry without reasons as said above. However, instead of getting peoples to adapt on the issue, she'll try her best to figure out that issue or to change the methods to deal with. Easier and in shorter terms, she'll be in "Servant leadership" position rather than "Traditional leadership."

insubordinate Req
    - As far as I know, most of the insubordinate Request happens due to the lack of points on ASRS, the destination of the cargo location not clarified and making them think the command is ignoring them/being incompetent, or when MP is incompetent and unable to hold their cargonia from PFCs climbing over the desks, making them feel unsafe.

insubordinate Engineering
    - I see the disobedient on the Engineerings department happens due to the lack of materials, lack of skills or way too harsh orders; Such as building the FoB while the safety of the MT/CE has not been provided. Each can be figured by giving more materials from the cargo or putting one of the MP to follow them and ensuring their cover on the harsh orders.

insubordinate MP
    - Contacting with the CMP to handle the MP's issue to follow the orders will be the first priority as it will be their own department issue. If it's CMP or the entire military police department's problem, Contact on the HQ to requesting help and apply charges on the CMP/MP will be made. And in worst case of scenario, I need to show that they are not above the law nor they're the law.

insubordinate Command Staff
    - I see it quite often when commander firmly holds their decision or pushing the squad in danger. Or when the OB has struck into, such as FoB or in the middle of the squad. However, it'll need to be 'moved on' and find a route to fill the gap instead pointing someone's fault. After all, blaming someone won't going to fix the issue.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Job for a Commander is to help the Captain and micromanaging the vessel with the other commanding officers, such as SO, CE, CMO, in my point of view. If the Captain draws a giant picture, it's Commander's job to do the detailed works for him and hand out advise. Whenever I was a commander, I can tell I have tried my best supporting the Captain and also step out for the Captain, while they focus onto the operation. Such as when there is a problem between the MPs, but when the CMP is not present, I show up and handle the problem for the Captain. If the cargo is not working out well, I head down and support the CT and RO. The list goes on, as to give out supporting hand not only for the department and the mission but also for the Captain.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Actually, and personal thought. I don't think it's really needed. They have their rank to order Marines, while in few parts of Marine law and SoP also protects the Commanding Officer when the situation goes south. This is a team play, not a solo play. If there is no men to order, Commanding officer is just a man with a good suit and gear, nothing more.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I mostly play at the low pop as the timezone is GMT +9, where even the max population reaches down to 40~50. Also, I see myself getting tired over the micromanagement and keep on getting worried if the CO shows up while I'm in charge as the aCO weather as a CE, XO, CMP even when there is seriously low pop. If I get a whitelist, I can easily cover the low-pop time as the CO and give orders, even more, better than before I could.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kDgLqlnjY/edit
    - The story had a lot of help. Each from
    Jamine - For pointing out adjustments on the storyline
    scsnv - For pointing out adjustments on the storyline
    Derpislav/Lockie 'Furry' Hughes - For the general grammar adjustments
    Nicksone - For the general grammar adjustments and the storyline
    Plasmatik - For the general grammar adjustments and the storyline
    Last edited by Yuliy; 07-13-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Mentioning the peoples who helped me on the story

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited:The amount of Effort you put into this is not even put into some Synth or Pred Apps.

You're a known player, a Good Command Player, Tactically Robust.

Good answers as well. You deserved +1 from me. Good luck on your app!

Question #1

The map is Big Red with 20 marines per squad and about 30 aliens. You are waking up as commander 30 minutes into the round. The XO has sent charlie to scout east towards Lambda Labs, but they were wiped out immediately and completely by a rush of robust xenos from Lambda Labs.
    Alpha is on FOB duty but the defenses aren't even a quarter finished. Bravo is at engineering repairing power, and Delta is scouting out Research Labs with almost no contacts.

The xenos that wiped out Charlie are currently moving towards north of Engineering to surround and wipe out Bravo and Delta.
    You have CAS available, and a very robust tank team standing by at LZ1.

As the commander waking up, how do you save Bravo and Delta from dying a horrible death? You only have a few minutes to make orders before they get surrounded.

Question #2

You're the CO, you've sent marines down to the planet and you've given all your orders and what-not when an SO reports to you that a squad leader (And by association, his squad) is disobeying your orders to stay at the FOB in favour of rushing the frontline and fighting. Your SO has told them that those aren't their orders but the squad isn't listening, how would you handle this?

Question #3

Imagine this. If you, as a CO, made a plan for the whole round, relayed it to the command staff and started executing it, then 10 minutes after the drop your XO and SO's would completely ignore it and do their own thing - how would you handle that? What would you do about the CIC staff, and what about the squad leaders planetside? Would you rather stick to your own plan, or try to bend towards theirs?
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 07-13-2019 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Final vote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    I'll write a scenario. You can ignore it if you want since I'm only ordinary CPT, but if you chose not to ignore and answer it well then I will give you a +1

Question #1

The map is Big Red with 20 marines per squad and about 30 aliens. You are waking up as commander 30 minutes into the round. The XO has sent charlie to scout east towards Lambda Labs, but they were wiped out immediately and entirely by a rush of robust Xenos from Lambda Labs.
    Alpha is on FOB duty, but the defenses aren't even a quarter finished. Bravo is at engineering repairing power, and Delta is scouting out Research Labs with almost no contacts.

The Xenos that wiped out Charlie are currently moving towards north of Engineering to surround and wipe out Bravo and Delta.
    You have CAS available, and a very robust tank team standing by at LZ1.

As the commander waking up, how do you save Bravo and Delta from dying a horrible death? You only have a few minutes to make orders before they get surrounded.

Question #2

You're the CO, you've sent marines down to the planet and you've given all your orders and what-not when an SO reports to you that a squad leader (And by association, his squad) is disobeying your orders to stay at the FOB in favour of rushing the frontline and fighting. Your SO has told them that those aren't their orders but the squad isn't listening, how would you handle this?

Question #3

Imagine this. If you, as a CO, made a plan for the whole round, relayed it to the command staff and started executing it, then 10 minutes after the drop your XO and SO's would completely ignore it and do their own thing - how would you handle that? What would you do about the CIC staff, and what about the squad leaders planetside? Would you rather stick to your own plan, or try to bend towards theirs?
    Answer on Question #1

I will immediately stop the engineering duties from the Bravo and the scout duties from the Delta, to pull back to the LZ2 - While Bravo will go directly to LZ2, Delta will have to move to the pathway, located right at south of the engineerings. Advantage of this goes 1, LZ2 is connected with the store, which this store is also located right under the cargo and the LZ1. 2, Falling back to the LZ2 matches both Bravo and Delta's fallback line as Delta will bypass to the engineerings to move to the LZ2. The tank will go to the north of the store, south of the cargo to prevent the Xenomorph forces from getting to the medical bay. Cargo fall back in my personal opinion, the pathway between the Xenomorph forces and to Bravo/Delta Fall back force is the quite similar or same length so that they will be easily get flanked from the side. Also, as Cargo is wide opened area with dozens of pathway, it is a horrible point to fall back.
    Ordering the tank to stand-by and holding the position at north of the store, will not only provide the exit for Bravo and Charlie, but also shorten the time to reach to the LZ1 FoB in case the Xenomprh strikes directly into the LZ1. Alpha will be informed that the CAS is ready, and order to focus at the medical bay and Marshalls, make cades right on the entrance to buy some time for rest of the force, including the tank, can reach back safely. A fireteam of Alpha can also be made to support the tank.

Answer on Question #2

Followed by the answer above -
    How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My character will most likely to make a detailed sketch of the mission, but she'll change the tactics to another one if the situation goes south quite easily. She is also awared that even when she's the one who oversees the whole mission and able to make a final decision, the one who knows the current front-line situations very well to their bones is the ones who are on the front-line, not her, who stands behind so she'll most likely to take advice.
    I mostly will think that they may have a better plan, ask and see how much force remains on the squad along with the firepower. After checking out, if there have enough force and firepower, I will change plan to get them as the main fireteam while pulling the first line force back for a bit to recover while the main fireteam gets into the front line. Also while doing so, the fireteam from the squad near-by FoB will get onto the FoB duty to fill the gap. If they do not have enough force and firepower however, I will order them to pull back immediately. If the SL does not follow, setting the other Marine on the next line to the aSL will be done while the SL will be marked as a Desertion after multiple warnings. Along with that, other Marines that are following the SL will get a notification of the situation, and order to follow the aSL.

Answer on Question #3
    I mostly will stick with my own plan, however, the plan of theirs won't be ignored but added up over my own plan. XO and SO are there for a reason - And as like the answer above on the CO app whitelist fill out, thinking the XO is an advisor and provide another point of view of the mission, so complete ignorance will most likely, not going to happen from me. However, when they are completely ignoring my plan and orders even while I am trying to respect their own opinion, Disrespecting a superior Officer on Marine Law can be applied, while on the Battlefield Execution, "Threat to your command - countermanding or refusing to follow orders", also can be applied if their ignorance and refusing to follow the order makes a huge threat not only to general mission but also to Marines - Especially if those orders are suicide mission. As XO and SO is trouble at this case, XO case will be the first one to get it handled. Squad leaders on the planetside will be notified of the CIC situation and will be standing by at the safe location instead of holding current area or continuing on their task. It will be a grave danger if the soldiers tumble into trouble while there is no command to order them what to do.
    Last edited by Yuliy; 07-13-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen Yuliy in whitelist-app-help channel multiple times to improve her application. I've helped her myself on her application and gave her some pointers and some help with spelling and grammar.
    I've seen her ingame almost always when I am and she's a legit RP'er with a good mindset. Her story is good, intriguing and readable.

I give her a solid+1. This is the prime example of someone who desperatly wants the application and has gone to great lengths to get the application where it is right now.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I think COs and XOs need to know how to do is handle in-department issues where there's no head present, so I have to ask:

1. There's a dispute in Req. No RO is awake/alive and two CTs are arguing about what to prioritize. Both are known to be equally capable, but one favors ammo/explosives and the other favors building materials. How do you resolve the issue?

2. Three POs start arguing aggressively at roundstart over CAS. One is known for their reliable Firemission setups and not caring about medevac at all, the second is known for being attentive to medevac requirements and makes heavy use of the PO's medical skills at the cost of CAS, and the third is a relatively unknown pilot that doesn't really know anything. Due to the lack of a head to manage them (the hangar) there's nobody to resolve the dispute outside the CIC staff. Do you step in and, if so, what do you do to resolve it?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im gunna give them a +1 since ive seen them in commanding roles and believe they have a handle on the role, plus the effort they put into the application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    I have seen Yuliy in whitelist-app-help channel multiple times to improve her application. I've helped her myself on her application and gave her some pointers and some help with spelling and grammar.
    I've seen her ingame almost always when I am and she's a legit RP'er with a good mindset. Her story is good, intriguing and readable.

I give her a solid+1. This is the prime example of someone who desperatly wants the application and has gone to great lengths to get the application where it is right now.
    I know of Yuliy fairly well and have for a very long time and would trust them with the role. As far as players goes that I know and trust, Nutjob is one of 'em. Competent, well-roleplayed, smart, and to my memory hasn't fucked up OOCly with me. In other words, I view them positively and trust them as well.

While haven't seen them much recently due to my own playtime and thus wouldn't be confident then giving a +1 alone, with Nicksone's statement I'm confident in their acceptance in regards to experience in similar command roles.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    im gunna give them a +1 since ive seen them in commanding roles and believe they have a handle on the role, plus the effort they put into the application

Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    I know of Yuliy fairly well and have for a very long time and would trust them with the role. As far as players goes that I know and trust, Nutjob is one of 'em. Competent, well-roleplayed, smart, and to my memory hasn't fucked up OOCly with me. In other words, I view them positively and trust them as well.

While haven't seen them much recently due to my own playtime and thus wouldn't be confident then giving a +1 alone, with Nicksone's statement I'm confident in their acceptance in regards to experience in similar command roles.

+1
    I sincerely appreciate the high praise, and I'm very flattered. I will not drop down the support and do as much as possible I can do when the whitelist gets accepted.
    Hopping to the next questions,

Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    One thing I think COs and XOs need to know how to do is handle in-department issues where there's no head present, so I have to ask:

1. There's a dispute in Req. No RO is awake/alive and two CTs are arguing about what to prioritize. Both are known to be equally capable, but one favors ammo/explosives and the other favors building materials. How do you resolve the issue?

2. Three POs start arguing aggressively at roundstart over CAS. One is known for their reliable Firemission setups and not caring about medevac at all, the second is known for being attentive to medevac requirements and makes heavy use of the PO's medical skills at the cost of CAS, and the third is a relatively unknown pilot that doesn't really know anything. Due to the lack of a head to manage them (the hangar) there's nobody to resolve the dispute outside the CIC staff. Do you step in and, if so, what do you do to resolve it?
    Answer on Question #1

I support the building materials as 1, ammo and explosives will continuously show up on the ASRS, and 2, most request I've seen are the specialists' or tank's weapon ammo request, which can be later on supported after sending the few crates down after the building materials for the ASRS points. If there are no defenses, sending down the ammo and explosives will highly become useless due to the lack of Marines that will use - They will most likely die by the lack of defense. However, if the LZ is entirely secured, ammo and explosives will be on a higher priority than the building materials.

Answer on Question #2

As PO's are crucial personnel on the mission, I obviously will step in to handle the arguments between the three. On the part of charges, I will set the CAS capable personnel and both unknown pilot on the CAS duty, so while the CAS capable does their job, Unknown pilot will gain more skills by learning what to do on the medevac and watching what the CAS pilot does. Of course, I will tell the CAS capable personnel to teach what to do and what they can do to the unknown personnel. The competent medivac personnel will handle the drops as the medical skills they have is also very important on the dropship to stabilize the wounded.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of effort you put into this is quite good, your answers are satisfactory.

Nothing else to say really other than have a +1

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    Answer on Question #1

I support the building materials as 1, ammo and explosives will continuously show up on the ASRS, and 2, most request I've seen are the specialists' or tank's weapon ammo request, which can be later on supported after sending the few crates down after the building materials for the ASRS points. If there are no defenses, sending down the ammo and explosives will highly become useless due to the lack of Marines that will use - They will most likely die by the lack of defense. However, if the LZ is entirely secured, ammo and explosives will be on a higher priority than the building materials.

Answer on Question #2

As PO's are crucial personnel on the mission, I obviously will step in to handle the arguments between the three. On the part of charges, I will set the CAS capable personnel and both unknown pilot on the CAS duty, so while the CAS capable does their job, Unknown pilot will gain more skills by learning what to do on the medevac and watching what the CAS pilot does. Of course, I will tell the CAS capable personnel to teach what to do and what they can do to the unknown personnel. The competent medivac personnel will handle the drops as the medical skills they have is also very important on the dropship to stabilize the wounded.
    Good answers. I went through and reread the answers in the application and got thrown for a loop by you answering the question of what a CO's duty's are (asked as "Commander" as in "Commanding Officer") as if it was asking for the XO's duties ("Commander" as in the rank), but I'm pretty sure that's an honest mistake. +1 all around other than that.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.