User Tag List

Thread: Semi-Unofficial Community Discussion about Development Changelog July/2019

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-Unofficial Community Discussion about Development Changelog July/2019

Semi-Unofficial Community Discussion about Development Changelog July/2019

Well, it's that time again. Post your thoughts below and you know, discuss.

• author: MattAtlas
    • "Predator crystals now actually fix bones. They need to be splinted beforehand."
    • "Increased heavy clan armour protection values. Drastically increased its bullet protection."
    • "Increased clan armour bullet protection values."
    • "Removed clan bracer upgrades. You now start with a fully upgraded bracer."
    • "Removed wrist scimitars."
    • "Slightly increased wrist blade damage."
    • "Halved re-cloak timer."
    • "Added a zoom function to the predator clan mask."
    • "Predator primaries & the pred knife should no longer be able to miss."
    • "Predator primary weapons now temporarily prevent queen healing, overwatch and hivemind usage. Be careful..."
    • "Predators now feel less pain."
    • "Wristblades now cut fences much faster."
    • "Changed some HPC values. It should be a bit stronger and more accurate now."
    • "Fixed the predator translator not working for xenos."

author: Monkeyfist
    • "You can put pens in hats and helmets."
    • "Added the S in monkeySfist in the lobby art description...damn it!"
    • "Added new postersinups, propaganda, and logos."
    • "Codewise, posters are no longer considered contraband."
    • author: Neth Iafin
    • "Xeno Identification is here:"
    • "Xeno players can set up prefix and postfix of their number that will be constant between the rounds. Number is still random between respawns."
    • "Xeno Id is displayed in game on mouseover (there is no easy way to hide this info from marines, so beware), in hivechat, localchat, LOOC and Hive Status."
    • "Xeno Prefix can be 1-2 letters long and has to use capital letters. If no prefix is set, it will become 'XX' (like species name XX-121)."
    • "Xeno Postfix consist of a single letter and an optional digit at the end. You can remove the Postfix, it's entirely optional."
    • "When you posses a xeno body (by staff ckeying you in, or by Joining as Xeno into an SSD xeno body) it will gain your prefix and postfix but will retain old number."
    • "Xeno Queens lack any identification, their CKEY is shared at the end anyways and it doesn't fit the naming convention to give them prefixes/postfixes."
    • "You are free to change Xeno Id at any time, there is no 'lock' mechanic on any xeno-id."

author: ThePiachu
    • "Moved Predator gear setup to gear presets."
    • "Added special Elder Predator gear presets for admins to use in their events."

author: Vampmare
    • "Made racks climbable by dragging your sprite onto them."
    • "Autodoc now repairs/heals robotic limbs."

author: Vicacrov
    • "Brought the roundstart CMO, doctor, and researcher equipment presets up-to-date. Now they start with lifesaver bags, but without penlights."
    • "Added MOOC (marine OOC) and XOOC (xeno OOC). These OOC channels will be visible thorough the game, but only staff members will be able to post to it."

• "Xeno neurotoxic gas now has a chance to slip marines that stand in it."
    • "All Xenos can now purchase strains at all age levels."
    • "Reworked Praetorian."
    • "Nerfed base Praetorian armor slightly."
    • "Nerfed base Praetorian pheromones."
    • "Added a toggle and boiler's acid line spray to Royal Guard only. This may be reverted if it proves to be too strong."
    • "Royal Guard Praetorians now deal more melee damage than other Praetorian variants."
    • "Added 2 strains for Praetorian."
    • "Dancer - movement and combo-focused."
    • "Stats changes: Heavy speed increase in exchange for heavy armor and pheromone decrease."
    • "Utility ability: Dance. (increase evasion and speed temporarily). Making an attack in dance cancels the stat buffs but empowers the attack."
    • "Damage ability: Tail attack. Has two variants, both of which can be used from one tile further away than a slash: impale and abduct. Impale does direct damage and abduct applies a stun."
    • "Both variants of tail attack are empowered like a slash when used while Dance is active. Impale deals double damage and abduct activates much faster."
    • "Oppressor - Tank and AoE-oriented."
    • "Stats changes: Heavy armor increase in exchange for heavy movespeed and pheromone decrease."
    • "Damage ability: Punch. This is much like warrior's punch except that it deals significantly more damage."
    • "Utility ability: Gas Grenade. This launches a grenade like glob of acid that explodes into Neurotoxin. It bypasses barricades but has extremely limited range (5 tiles)."
    • "All Praetorian strains/archetypes now have a unique screech ability that fits their design: Base Praetorian heals nearby Xenos; Royal Guard buffs the damage of nearby Xenos; Dancer debuffs the accuracy of nearby marines; Oppressor buffs the armor of nearby Xenos."
    • "Macro list for the new abilities: https://pastebin.com/GHkQgKTX"
    • "All screeches have unique colors to distinguish them for allied Xenos. Base Prae = Green; Dancer = Blue; Royal Guard = Red; Oppressor = Purple "

• "The smartgun changes are in."
    • "First the smartgun now uses ammo packs instead of the ammo coming out of the powerpack."
    • "Second the smartgun now has special firing modes that can be activated in the new smartgun tab."
    • "The easiest modes are the anti-recoil mode, the improved accuracy mode, and the swap ammo mode."
    • "The last two modes are the automatic firing mode and the built-in motion sensor mode."
    • "All modes use power. The automatic firing mode uses the most."
    • "The smartgun now has 2 loading systems both having their own drawbacks."
    • "The classic system stayed the same. 50 round size magazine."
    • "The new (default) mode can only be used with an empty belt slot."
    • "It has a 500 round magazine but when added to the gun goes into your belt slot."
    • "This mean you cannot use a sidearm or carry extra ammo while using this system."
    • "Lastly, a special ERT was added."
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smartgun feels like an actual support weapon. Mostly I think it's the rate of fire that's doing it, since the damage output still feels weak, but a couple smartguns going ham just feels satisfying and genuinely denies an area and forces xeno players to apply some modicum of tactics to try and take them in a similar way to specs, instead of just facerolling carelessly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prae spit thingie is much too powerful. A cooldown, non charge up time line of acid, that stuns anyone who touches it. A prae come pop from the dark, from behind a wall or something, stun you, then drag you off easy. That's to say they aren't a Dancer, becuase if a dancer stuns you, you are dead. 80 damage plus a bone break is going to crit anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering i have played as RG prae like 6 times now, i feel i can say that it is not super powerful, i mean its straight up better than the cone spray since there is no charge up. But the spray was kinda useless before. More often than not, marines get away from the spray if I'm not smart about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth121 View Post
    Considering i have played as RG prae like 6 times now, i feel i can say that it is not super powerful, i mean its straight up better than the cone spray since there is no charge up. But the spray was kinda useless before. More often than not, marines get away from the spray if I'm not smart about it.
    Triangle spray wasn't useless, it was still a good ambush tool; just not as good all-around as the line spit. Line spit is a lot more straightforward with less thinking involved and much easier to use offensively without risk.

Praetorians in general are now the premier T3, but their evolution chain is underpowered compared to Ravagers, which have excellent T1/T2.

Defender (good) -> Warrior (sucks) -> Praetorian (amazing) / Crusher (amazing)
    Runner (good) -> Lurker (amazing) -> Ravager (good)
    Sentinel (sucks) -> Spitter (sucks) -> Boiler (good)
    Drone (good) -> Carrier (amazing) / Burrower (good) / Hivelord (sucks)
    Queen (amazing)

Current subjective tier list for benos right now. Sentinel and spitter revolve entirely too much around neurospit to be good. Warrior isn't tanky enough for frontline fighting, but is brokenly OP in 1vs1. Hivelord is too focused on building the hive and isn't a caste I think should even exist in the first place.

With praetorians being as popular as they are, and sents/spitters being underpowered with mostly useless neuro, hives are now getting a lot of excess warriors, and these die fast compared to lurkers and runners. Considering how tanky the rest of the caste lineup is, I think warriors need an ability/stat overhaul to bring them more in line with their kin. Warrior grab might be better shifted to hivelords so they can be OP in the nest against captures, and so warriors can regain tankiness/damage output so they can be viable on the frontline without the frustrating/broken grab making them too good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warrior doesn't suck, it just has a higher skill floor (and ceiling)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having played with and against praes of various castes, I can conclude that currently they're really strong.

I would argue they're too strong, at least in most situations.

Dancers are stupidly fast and tanky enough to survive running around. They feel like ravagers with better survivability, xeno-buffing and no charge. Basically, almost straight upgrade.

Oppressors are mini-boilers, strong at the one place boilers are weak, short range. Boilers are already obnoxious, and now there's a melee boiler.

Royal Guard has acid spray. Boiler-level acid spray. And tail sweep. Why?

TL;DR praes are now crowd control experts without being fragile OR slow. This needs to change.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warrior is Bepic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way for Smartgunners to load the SG drum though the Smartgunner Belt rig? Because as of right now, it's kind of pointless: The belt rig can store drums, but we can't load the drums. If we want to load the drums, we have to drop the belt rig. It feels counter intuitive, you know?
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    Is there any way for Smartgunners to load the SG drum though the Smartgunner Belt rig? Because as of right now, it's kind of pointless: The belt rig can store drums, but we can't load the drums. If we want to load the drums, we have to drop the belt rig. It feels counter intuitive, you know?
    Not really ya used to be able to carry them in webbing or a med pouch but ya can't now so they're is no real good way to carry ya drums hope they add something to let us carry them on our person soon