Byond ID?
    Bamhalazam

CM Character?
    Emmanuel Hincken

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT +3

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    14-20.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I have experience with lots of ROBLOX groups. Three examples may be: The Robine, The Aeon Illuminate and GRID. I have never been a SS13 staff member.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I play Goonstation and /tg/station.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    (none)

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    (none)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Currently not a staff member of any game or server.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I have not been banned.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I have been banned on Goonstation for using colorful language! It was quite a while ago, I think 2 months. It was a permanent ban.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    I sure am!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    That may have been an accident, so I monitor him if he does it again and it is clearly intentional, I will warn him.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Have a talk with the predator, have him remember the rules and tell him not to do that again. Also wish him a nice day.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Ask him if he is really lost, tour him IC (if possible) and make it clear that if he has questions, I can answer them.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Have an admin speak to him, tell him about everything that has happened and proceed to decide what to do with the player.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Tell him that is completely fine as long as he does not violate the rules in place for names.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Ask the Maintenance Technician why he has a rifle and armor. Then I should tell him to return the weapons and armor.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Explain the situation to him and how survivors are allowed to be hostile towards marines and how the survivor had a clear intention and had stated to be hostile towards the USMC from the start.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I have a chat with the MP, telling him to read the marine law and warning him and explaining why it's not good to imprison a player for such a time and how it should be avoided. Also I should tell him to release the player.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Send a message via Queen Mother saying to all her children that the hive must expand to the great metal hive in the sky. Subtle message the CO/XO telling him that action must be taken against the enemy down below.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ask him if he is a new player, if he is not, then seriously warn him and ask him what rules he broke. If he continues then proceed with a ban for a short period of time.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Explain that the rules do not bar common enemies from killing eachother after the round end. Wish him a good day!

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Explain the marine that disarming people is not the way to go and tell him to re-read rule 4.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Have a serious talk with the marine, telling him to knock it off and have some common sense and if he does it again then to expect a short time ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Subtle message telling the leader of the mutiny the issue and tell him to disband the mutiny because of a IC reason.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Resolve the situation IC by talking to the people who're making the comments.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Permaban him, stating the exact reason of his ban and include the link to unban appeals.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Drop a tip saying that as a low HP Xeno, he should stay in the hive until he evolves.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Message him telling him to uphold the basic Xeno IC RP standards. If he continues, then a serious warning and lastly a short time ban if he doesn't understand words.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain the ahelper that the Xenomorphs are a hivemind and as such may take knowledge from their hosts. Tell the first Xeno player to uphold the IC RP part aswell.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Tell the Command staff player that in the beginning of every round the USMC is unaware of aliens, or specifically Xenos being present and that he should avoid mentioning what is down planetside completely before landing there or receiving reports himself.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Tell the that he should avoid killing individuals, even if it's to save himself. It is unfair to the other player if he gets killed just so another player may get out. There are always alternatives, like roleplaying yourself in there.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would the insults, but I'd tell him to stop spewing random. mean info into LOOC or dead chat.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him that it is not within my powers to do that and that it's also the fact that IC he fell unconscious in the field, allowing Xenos to facehug him.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd non-intrusively try to correct him.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd ask the staff member which rule he thinks he broke, check the logs and see for myself which rule he broke or did not break. If the others were correct, then I would unban him, but if the staff member that took the ahelp was correct, then I'd explain the other staff members why and what rule was that person breaking.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    A classic answer: To keep the experience great for unga and commander alike!

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    In my opinion, the greatest quality for a moderator should be fairness. Being fair is always good, especially for a moderator where on one hand, rules stand but on the other stands fun. Balancing these two out is hard.

Anything else you
    If I become a moderator, then I'll be damned!

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Bamhalazam, I'm going to go over your answers within the next few hours and will edit them into this post or make a new one. I hope you are well and apologies for having taken so long to address your application.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamhalazam View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    That may have been an accident, so I monitor him if he does it again and it is clearly intentional, I will warn him.
    Make sure to include a note that you have warned them for griefing.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Have a talk with the predator, have him remember the rules and tell him not to do that again. Also wish him a nice day.
    As a moderator you are unable to handle issues with a Whitelisted role. You can investigate the situation and provide the details to the relevant Council. If a whitelisted role is breaking server rules, you can treat them normally.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Ask him if he is really lost, tour him IC (if possible) and make it clear that if he has questions, I can answer them.
    You should focus on teaching them via PMs as IC guide is often impractical and you shouldn't influence things from an IC perspective.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Have an admin speak to him, tell him about everything that has happened and proceed to decide what to do with the player.
    A player does not have the right to decide who they speak to about an incident. You are therefore not required to have an admin speak to them, but if you believe you are unable to continue talking to the player you may do so.

Tell him that is completely fine as long as he does not violate the rules in place for names.
    John Doe is a violation of the naming rule, and you should treat it appropriately.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Ask the Maintenance Technician why he has a rifle and armor. Then I should tell him to return the weapons and armor.
    This is an IC issue.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I have a chat with the MP, telling him to read the marine law and warning him and explaining why it's not good to imprison a player for such a time and how it should be avoided. Also I should tell him to release the player.
    Make sure you investigate the situation, while rare, it is possible that permanent confinement was justified.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ask him if he is a new player, if he is not, then seriously warn him and ask him what rules he broke. If he continues then proceed with a ban for a short period of time.
    NEVER handle a situation you are directly involved in.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Explain the marine that disarming people is not the way to go and tell him to re-read rule 4.
    A warning note would be suitable here too.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Have a serious talk with the marine, telling him to knock it off and have some common sense and if he does it again then to expect a short time ban.
    Make sure you're checking the note histories of players and take appropriate escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Subtle message telling the leader of the mutiny the issue and tell him to disband the mutiny because of a IC reason.
    It is recommended to directly PM the members of the mutiny if you are going this route so they can talk back, and because it is an OOC rule violation.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Permaban him, stating the exact reason of his ban and include the link to unban appeals.
    We are unable to Permaban players, if you intend on filing for perma you need to ban for 7 days and include "filing for perma" or something along those lines in the ban reason, before making a Permaban request here on the forums.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Drop a tip saying that as a low HP Xeno, he should stay in the hive until he evolves.
    Deliberate death as a larva by charging into combat (combat larva-ing) is a form of grief and can sometimes merit a xeno-jobban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain the ahelper that the Xenomorphs are a hivemind and as such may take knowledge from their hosts. Tell the first Xeno player to uphold the IC RP part aswell.
    They don't take information from their hosts, the hivemind is a direct translation of their thoughts however so they can call it whatever they like.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Tell the that he should avoid killing individuals, even if it's to save himself. It is unfair to the other player if he gets killed just so another player may get out. There are always alternatives, like roleplaying yourself in there.
    Kill or be Killed is a suitable reason to kill a member of your own team, but is highly circumstantial. Situations like this one are usually acceptable.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would the insults, but I'd tell him to stop spewing random. mean info into LOOC or dead chat.
    I'm presuming you mean you would ignore them, which I would recommend.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd non-intrusively try to correct him.
    Ensure you speak with the staff member and not the person they are talking to, as this is very undermining and rude. If they refuse to correct themselves you may do so, and should also take the information to their manager along with evidence.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd ask the staff member which rule he thinks he broke, check the logs and see for myself which rule he broke or did not break. If the others were correct, then I would unban him, but if the staff member that took the ahelp was correct, then I'd explain the other staff members why and what rule was that person breaking.
    Do not interfere, and especially do not unban someone. This is for managers to resolve only.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    A classic answer: To keep the experience great for unga and commander alike!
    A classic answer does not give much insight into your motives nor provide a very good reason for us to accept you.

At the time of my posting you have 57.86 hours of playtime starting the 21st of June, while being here a long time isn't a requirement, you have not been here a single month yet. This is also evident in your grasp of the rules. Your application is not the worst I have seen, nor is it outstanding. I recommend playing a bit longer and learning more about the rules during that time, before making a new application.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't have enough play time on the server, you seem rather new, despite that, you operate on the same timezone i do, which sometimes would be nice to have a backup.

Well, your answers are mostly meh, but they are not bad either.

I am against this application at this time, stay around more, watch more the situations around and apply in the future.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application was a bit lacking especially the question about two staff arguing. The answers were just too far off for me.

I'm going to say -1 for now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play a little longer and get yourself acquainted with how the server is run and more of the nuances and intricacies of CM in general, look at the Accepted/Denied applications to get a better idea of what we're looking for, and come back when you feel ready.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong. Yautja players are WL'ed, and thus staff cannot discipline WL'ed players for WL rule breaks. The honor code is a WL'ed ruleset, therefor, you cannot enforce any level of discipline on the player. The most that you can do is investigate, gather information and suggest the player make a player report.

Player's don't get to pick and choose which staff they speak to. They either deal with you or make a staff report if they feel you have broken staff rules or P&P
    Wrong. Joe Doe is not an acceptable name, we even state as such in the rules.

Rule 12. Character names - Use a reasonable, unique, lore-friendly character name. Short nicknames are allowed inside the name (e.g. Derek 'Double-D' Donahue, Jane 'Crusher' Sanchez, Dan 'The Man' Thompson). Ranked, titled, honorific, offensive, famous and pop-culture names are not allowed (e.g. Dr John Smith, Barack Obama, Lt John Doe, Adolf Hitler). Also, avoid lore-based names like Weyland, Bishop, Ripley, etc.

Wrong. This is an IC issue

How do you know that there isn't more to the story? You investigate issues like this first instead of taking people at their word.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Send a message via Queen Mother saying to all her children that the hive must expand to the great metal hive in the sky. Subtle message the CO/XO telling him that action must be taken against the enemy down below.
    Mostly wrong. The Marines have the numerical advantage by a large margin. Send a command report to get the Marines moving.

You're a staff member and you're one of several victims in this, which means you seperate yourself yourself from this situation and Ahelp it.

Are you going to tell him which rule he broke?

You PM the leader and or other players and tell them that it's an improper mutiny, and that they've broken OOC rules, not IC rules (How is this an IC break?) Inform of them of the rule break and how to properly go about forming a mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Resolve the situation IC by talking to the people who're making the comments.
    Let them know that minor racism is allowed and that if it escalates further that you will look in to it.

No, this is a job ban unless the Larva is trying to get near the Queen and doesen't know the queen is near the front lines.

It's not that there a hivemind, it's that's the Xeno's obviously have some form of communication to express what the dropships are, as well as everything else and the players need to be able to communicate amongst one another. As for your second bit, why are you telling the first xeno player to uphold IC RP expectations?

Wrong. A marine killing another marine to save his own skin in-case of an evac is fine, as long as there is the bare minimum of RP done. In a pinch even the bare minimum is likely to be forgiven.

Noooooooo. Not your monkey, not your circus. Report it to your boss

--------------------------

Long story short, a lot of terrible answers. Also you're very new to the server. Play a couple of months and get to know the server, it's rules, the community and get your name out there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short play time, answers quite a bit off the mark. Get some more experience do some more research about how we handle things, apply again at a later date.

Denied.