Your Byond ID?
    ExGame

Your Character Name?
    William Frost

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Fitchace

Accused Character Name
    Bill Carson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    14:00-15:00

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4, CO guidelines

Description of the incident:
    Now, I'm not the one to usually report Carson shenanigans since I learned to live with what he does whenever he is CO. But this time was just ridiculous.

I was a Charlie medic.

About three minutes into the round, an announcement was made that "running" was illegal (including that snitch get a HPR for free). By running they meant the running intent, so they expected people to only use walking intent on the Almayer. After awhile the first arrests get made by MPs which cause huge fistfights only five minutes into the round, at this point I'm just massively disappointed that the MPs joined in but I didn't really care to report them. Just a few minutes later, MPs began to pull out riot gear and beanbag autoshotties and attempt to keep arresting the runners.

Now, at some point a MP went into Delta prep to shoot a marine, which caused the Deltas to beat down the MP with lethals ensued.

The Deltas then went on with some other squaddies to mutiny, kill Carson and take over the CIC - note that we were already deployed and did not have any functioning command due to the entire running ban by this point.

Groundside evacced just ten minutes later and it was absolute chaos on the Almayer.

We have a rule that forbids banning attachments as a CO round-start per guidelines, and banning running is literally the equivalent if not more ridiculous than an attachment ban - and it basically completely fucked over the marines for no reason other than.. honestly I have no words, probably just to grief the marines.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    The event was all spread out, so sadly no screenies, but logs will definitely show the announcements etc.
    My condolences for the one in charge of pulling logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    Removal of CO whitelist
    Last edited by ExGame; 01-02-2019 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Unneccessary info removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I was Tyumi, the synthetic this round, and I'm going to post here while its fresh in my mind. Thanks for making this report, since somebody had to post it.

Captain Bill Carson ordered me to overwatch Charlie, but hearing about the situation in Delta prep, I asked for permission to try and resolve it peacefully. He agreed that it was a good idea, gave me permission, I grabbed a flash from the brig because I'm not an idiot, and I headed below. I saw military police and Deltas, mostly Deltas, shooting at eachother. Some doctors tried to intervene and get patients, but they were gunned down. It was a poor display in general from both sides, but back to the man at hand: Carson.

In character, he seemed genuine, and didn't want to fuck over the marines completely, just exercise discipline as Commanding Officer until you managed to deploy; you'll have to wait for the admins to scrounge all the logs on this mess of a round.

In addition, it is completely within the right of a Commanding Officer to order his troops to wear helmets, as the helmets are outfitted for overwatch; if you're not wearing a helmet, you can't be commanded and you make Staff Officer a moot role.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was an observer, and one of the many moderators who had to handle issues during this round. I can confirm that the OP's description of the incident is mostly accurate. The MP went into Delta prep due to Delta preparing to mutiny, not to 'shoot a marine'. The mutiny was authorized during the engagement with the MPs in Delta Prep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll give my take on the situation, seeing as I was one of the mutineers.

I didn't see any fistfights happen over arrest, but I saw Delta and a few from Bravo barricaded Delta prep in a protest against the arrests happening. Let's ignore the fact that ordering "No running on Almayer" is just asking for trouble, so Delta and a few others were held up talking about a potential mutiny. This the moment MPs arrive in full riot gear and start knocking on the Delta prep door, one thing leads to another and the MP beanbags someone and is then promptly slugged. This all happened right after Briefing. This is where the big fights happens and the mutineers end up at CIC.

The rest is pretty accurate.

There were some unfortunate permakillings, a suspicious amount to be honest, I think all the MPs ended up permadead. This could have been caused by the chaos happening and the fact that the doctors were injured...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CMO during this round. Other than that was mentioned here, he also ordered checkpoints be locked until briefing was over (meaning medics weren't allowed to go get their pills).

The mutiny caused so much chaos, that even atleast two doctors were shot in the middle of it (including myself). I don't think I've seen medbay hell happen this early in a round before. Which I'm sure was absolute shit to all the players who needed treatment in medbay, and the doctors who were asked to fix them.

I'm pretty sure the running ban was 95% of the reason that made everyone mutiny. As the first thing the mutineers said after getting to CIC, was announcing "RUNNING IS NOW ALLOWED". In my opinion, banning running is literally griefing everyone. For it gives the MP's the most stupid excuse for arresting people. Bill Carson being a meme shouldn't excuse him for doing something that retarded. Players will just treat him being CO as an event for mutiny itself.
    Last edited by TobiNerd; 01-01-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some clarifications

I was MP Brett McMatherson that round.
    That round Carson ordered two things: Helmets were mandatory and running was illegal for marines, command and MPs could run. CMP wasn't aware that CO banned running, as far as i know.
    MPs got riot gear because Delta marines attacked and cuffed MP near Delta prep, and threatened other MPs with lethals. We didn't get autoshotties, we had just normal shotties loaded with beanbags. When we tried to storm Delta prep Delta marines, and some marines from other squads, killed all MPs, gunned down Bravo marine that tried to drag wounded CMP to medbay, and accidentally shot CMO. As far as i know only CMP used lethals after all MPS were killed.
    From my perspective, banning of running isn't the same that banning of attachements, because first doesn't affect combat effectiveness and second does.
    Edit:
    I was manning CPs and medics could go past port CP and they could try to wait at starboard CP, i was constantly running between them, until got orders to take riot gear. Some MPs were revived, at least two (one was ahealed).
    Last edited by Rals; 01-01-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played Rex Texas. CO ordered no running in halls. Started conducting NJPs for runners. Eventually most of Delta are running around with Wanted status. CMP tells us to assume anyone who is wanted is wanted for insubordination and to arrest and bring them in. Eventually as I'm dragging off my third delta I notice another delta whip out a shotgun. I think if the checkpoint door hadn't closed behind me I'd have got blasted.

Eventually we hear Delta are prepping to mutiny and are ordered to head to their prep with riot gear and beanbag shotguns, with an MP already there calling for backup and telling us they have barricades. It's just a table and they've welded the doors, but they get unwelded. An MP walked inside and I think it was Murray started knife-dancing with him. Don't know if he actually stabbed, but I was sure he'd hit the floor with the knife or something at some point. MP walks out, I walk in and fire with the beanbag and put a Delta down. Not sure if it tagged Murray or someone else. Then I got blasted with buckshot and it all went downhill from there with us getting shanked with knives and blasted with pulses and shotguns.

I always enjoy Carson rounds, think this is just the usual case of post-Carson round salt. Don't think any rules were broken. Happened as organically as a mutiny can under the circumstances, with MPs being ordered to carry out a ton of arrests on Deltas who'd been flagged for arrest at some stage and then Delta being pushed over the edge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rules haven't been migrated from the old forums yet but are still in effect, in particular rule 2: Do not post in a report if you are not contributing as a witness.
    You don't need to add anything outside of what you saw and may result in deletion if you do since you aren't acting as one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Relevant" Logs regarding the event -
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Captain Bill Carson here.

At round start I wanted to have a very high discipline ship pre deployment. So I gave the order to force all marines to use walk intent in the hallways (Running in rooms is allowed), with helmets also being mandatory.
    The no running order expires as soon as marines deploy- [14:01:40]SAY: Fitchace/(Bill Carson) has made Command Announcement: Command Announcement - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
    ONCE THE DROPSHIPS DEPLOY YOU CAN RUN - Bill Carson (Commanding Officer)

Marines caught running were supposed to be given a njp per advice of the CMP.

Long story short they couldn�t obey orders and handle it, marines would rather die than walk to their dropship to deploy.
    All marines had to do was walk to marine prep (where they could run around and gear up) � walk to briefing once geared and await for orders then walk to the dropship and deploy. Once deployed everyone would be able to run again because that is when time is essential to get boots on the ground to reinforce the squads.

I did learn there are a few things which too much to ask for marines, and walking is one of them.

Thank you.