Byond ID?
    Enyonggg

CM Character?
    Cha Jin-Wook

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT +8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    About 12-18 hours a week whenever possible. Lately i've been rather busy though and there�s been problems IRL especially school.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I was a mod on Dragon Ball Shuurajou for 6 months or so (retired because of problems IRL)

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    was playing paradise station before since I was perma-banned because of my brother's doing. But now, only giving my time and focus to this server.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I am not.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Permanent banned for years.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Admin PM him and try to figure out what happened, check logs, check his notes, if it was just an accident I'd deem it as an IC issue but if it was a deliberate act of grief then I would note him and apply a 3 hour ban if it's the first time around and aheal those affected, if his note history is repetitive about it or there were many injured and it caused a huge fiasco I'd raise the ban timer to 1 day or 3 days depending on the severity and tell him to read the rules.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Mods can�t really do much to handle whitelisted roles, so the best bet is to find out the situation and inform the player about the 'player report' section of the forums. If it's actual grief that all other staff online agree to a PM and question would be for the best. Overall the predator is free to do anything so long as it isn't obvious and intentional grief that staff online can see.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Ask a mentor to help him, if there are no mentors on and I'm not particularly busy, I would admin PM them and try to guide them through the basics of SS13, give him the quick start guide and will assist them the best I can by linking them the wiki, forums, rules, etc... and answering any questions they may have.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would try to calm them down and if they're just a bit rude and not super absolutely horrifying toxic I'd try to get an admin to check up on him, if none are available however and it continues to escalate I would try to help them as much as possible, if they continue to be super toxic or they become super toxic then I'd apply a 3 hour ban or longer depending on their note history and tell them to make a staff report if they have a problem with it and to read the rules.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would tell them that no one has probably noticed that it doesn't fit the rules. I would then try to reason with them and tell them to change it after the round. If it's bad enough, then I will get an admin to change their name. However, if they keep arguing and it gets out of hand then I will either give it to a higher up to try to reason with them or just give them a three hour ban. If they don't argue further, then I'll just give them a warning. Add notes.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue, if they have a history of deploying planetside or stockpiling weapons for meta-boarding then I'd keep an eye on them and if they are metagaming then I'd adminPM them and explain what they did wrong, if they're being nice and understanding I'd let them off with a warning and delete the weapons, if they continue to argue I would check their notes and apply a ban for metagaming depending on the severity of their note history with a link to the rules.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are allowed to be hostile to the marines, but it is encouraged they have a valid roleplay reason to do so. I can check the logs to confirm if they were immediately hostile or not to the marines. Provided it all checks out, I would message the marine informing him that survivors are allowed to engage the marines, given they don't turncoat. I would direct him to the roleplay standards in the rules for guidance.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Get both side stories, check notes, check if logs match the story, Theft, Trespassing are minor crimes, ask what else he piled up to increase timer, crosscheck time limits with marine law. If needed confirm facts with potential witnesses and of course the great logs. Note/Warn/Ban/Job-ban according to situation

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    As a mod, I probably shouldn't be acting on the round in any way but if it's an especially long round I'd SM the aCO to attack the xenos or a high-command fax that the hostiles are almost eliminated. Example, I would SM the commander saying something like "You feel like a final push will end the mission in victory." If that doesn't work, then I will SM the Queen saying, "You feel like the hosts are weak and defenseless." If neither works, then I will ask someone else to try to solve the problem.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Get another staff member to handle it. I feel as though I may be too close to the situation and I would just give my advised on what happened so they can speak to the player about why they keep overdosing marines.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    This is fine, Marines on CLF after the round ending isn't EORG and is perfectly legal and normal, as antags it's literally part of their job to shoot and get shot. I will also inform the player that it's not against the rules to continue RP after the round ends. The EORG rule only applies to a marine killing another marine out of nowhere after the round. Now, if the person keeps complaining then I will give it to a higher up or give the CLF member a 3hr ban. Add notes if needed.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd investigate the situation first, was there RP justification for this, is it just between 2 marines or did it involve a ton of other people? I'd also check their notes, if it's just lowRP memery and not many people were involved in it, I'd let them off with a heavy warning and a note, if it's especially severe and/or they have a history of this then I'd hit them with a 3 hour ban for lowRP at roundstart.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Investigate the situation and check everyone's notes that were involved, talk to the people involved etc, if there was sufficient justification I'd give let them off with a warning for improper escalation, if the other marine was just running around punching people for no reason then I'd talk to them as well, and depending on their note history give them a warning for lowRP, if it was just out of the blue or an accident I'd aheal the ones affected and give the shooter a 3 hour ban for improper escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Message the apparent leader and inform them that, while permission isn't required for a mutiny, an AHELP must still be submitted containing the names of the mutineers and their reasons for mutiny. Use LOOC if necessary but avoid general OOC as it could indicate to command a mutiny is imminent.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If it's just minor stuff and not over the top racism, I'd deem it an IC issue and inform him to talk to the MPs about it, I'd keep an eye on it though in case it evolves into full blown racist tirades. I would ask the players to stop using the racial comments. Hopefully, they will listen and stop. If they start arguing, then I will start banning based on the severity and how many times they did it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Aheal the ones affected and check the shooter's notes, if it was a random drive-by shooting I'd apply a 3 day ban and apply a note, if the person has a history of this or many people were injured/involved then I'd apply a 7 day ban and a perma ban request.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would AdminPM the larva and ask them why they did it, depending on their notes and their responses I would apply either a heavy warning or a job ban from xeno for suiciding as a larva and inform them of the rules and to not do that again.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    If the player continues then I'd just give them a firm reminder of the rules, a short ban may be applicable but only if they continue after the warning. I would strongly try to remind the player of the RP guidelines several times before I even considered taking action, would however note the player as this is something that should be relatively easy for people to understand and a continued trend within this vein would show a lack of caring.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Calling it a dropship is fine, as outlined in the Xeno roleplay standards. Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such like that are acceptable. I would inform the Xeno player ahelping of the roleplay standard and thank them for their concern.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    AdminPM them and inform them that Marines aren't supposed to know about aliens on the planet at round start, apply a note and if need be, LOOC the marines and tell them to disregard what the person said, if they have a history of this I might apply a 3 hour ban or 1 day ban depending on their note history.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would take a close look into the situation, taking the time to ahelp the dead player to find out his side of the story too. In the interim I would try to check up on the logs to find out if there is any story to back up the killers claims, if so then the issue is resolved. If I cannot find anything to back up the killers claims then I would treat the situation the same way I would as another Player kills X player situation, resolving a note and a ban depending upon any past history with any murder-grief. A three hour ban is likely all that's needed, though I would try to take the time to explain that their action was wrong and why. They may have seen the situation as role play but yelling one line and then blasting someone with buckshot does not make for a great story, if they fail to understand this or have a long history of weakly excused murder then a twelve or even thirty six hour ban may be more appropriate.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd try to calm down the player if I thought it was possible, I would be somewhat hesitant about handing them off immediately to an Admin+ though as soon as the issue arose I would see if I could find someone to potentially take the case if I couldn't deescalate the situation. I would take the time to check the player notes for any history of bad behavior, potentially offering the player a warning if this was a continued or severe event.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This is an unfortunate situation, but not much can be done about it and it is an IC issue. Internet disconnects happen, BYOND breaks, but that's how it goes.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would message the staff member at fault and inform them about where they went wrong. If there was fighting back or they refused to acknowledge they are wrong I would ask a higher ranking staff member for their input on the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Honestly if I had to 100 percent get involved, I would tell them to keep things at least respectful and if things get too out of hand and I would ask for a staff member to handle things as this is out of my own jurisdiction or get a higher up staff member or their manager, this is not my problem to handle fights between staff since it would just get me involved in the fight and since the one taking the ahelp took the ahelp then it is their situation to handle.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to give back to the server. For almost 3 years with different names/key and because of permanent banned, CM has given me countless hours of enjoyment, but the great experience we have here is only because the hard work of the staff team in their respective roles. As a player who has experience of being a Mod, the best way for me to return the favor would be volunteering as a moderator. Through that, I hope to uphold the rules and values that CM has in making the server a fun place.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    First is accountability, as much as it might surprise other players, staff members are actually human nobody's perfect. But I believe a core trait of being staff is being responsible enough to hold yourself accountable for the decisions made and holding yourself accountable for the players' enjoyment of the round. Staff has a job to do, and being accountable and ensuring that said job gets carried out is a must. Second and the third are impartiality and an analytical mindset because CM is both a tight community as well as a vitriolic one at times. What this means is a mod needs to look past any biases, whether positive or negative, and uphold our rules and standards fairly across the board. The moderator also needs a good sense of analysis to act as a fact-finder and build a chain of events out of a complex set of circumstances, contexts, and perspectives.

Anything else you
    I am relatively new to CM and my forum post count is really not that incredible, I'm just honestly quite impressed with the server and I'd like to give something back. I'm more of the type to try and rectify bad play than immediately ban, but I do understand that certain infractions require a punishment and that not all cases are the same. Regardless of the outcome, I just want to thank you for taking the time to read through my application.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

I am not going to +1 this application. For two very simple reasons.

1) you have an active VPN permaban, that you are appealing at the moment. PH routers are shitty, for the reason that they activate VPN automaticly, but another staff member told you to wait with the application, which you disregarded.

2) The drama that follows you and your brother.

I simply cannot trust that one of these days it is not going to be Cheng using your account, nor can I trust you to keep your nose clean. You were warned for metarushing by the CO council. Two days after that, you did the exactly same thing.

I cannot support this application.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go over you answers in a few hours, and will address my concerns at the same time.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply can't approve of this since other people have used your account in the past, and currently you have a VPN perma.

Should have waited for that to clear.

If you can somehow prove to us that cheng will never be able to access your computer and account ever I might be willing to give you a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the reasons have been stated above.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very much against this for the reasons previously stated. I do not think you would be a good fit on Staff, and with the current concerns involving your brother being able to access your account, this is a hard no from me.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think you're a bad person per say, but because of the actions of your brother and his antics, I fear that him potentially having access to your account may compromise the server.

Also you still have an active VPN/Sticky ban that needs to be resolved, and your recent notes.

Thank you for applying.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback everyone! God bless!

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope sorry i cant see it, whether its because of the history of you and your brother, the fact your account isnt and by rights cant be secure, your active VPN ban or just the fact it dosent sit well with me, Take it as all of the above though. You can try again in the future but without serious changes i wouldnt worry about it. -1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy becomes mod, does a good job, becomes an admin. Cheng enters his account one good round and makes everyone a yautja. I can see that happening, and you might feel it's unfair that we judge you this way but everything is built on top of confidence and we have no confidence on your account's security so -1