Sweaterkittens - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    SweaterKittens

Marine Name
    Jack 'Watchdog' Carver

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Au'sah Luar-ke

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, and no.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    Au'sah is a young, aspirant hunter with a history of poor performance. Unlike many his age, he did not learn the skills necessary to be an effective Yautja hunter, leaving him with few trophies, and far more scars. Relying heavily on the advanced technology of his people, Au'sah survived by the skin of his teeth on more than one occasion. Narrowly avoiding being killed, or becoming an outcast by returning form a hunt empty-handed.

After another poor hunt, as a last-ditch effort to prove himself and bolster his battered honor, Au'sah challenged the other, far more skilled hunter present, to a duel. Alone on the planet on which they had hunted, they fought like animals - but it was clear who was going to be the victor. As Au'sah lie in the mud, broken and bleeding, he panicked. He wasn't ready to die - not like this, with his honor in shambles, as a failed hunter. Digging the foot of his working leg into the mud, he kicked it into his opponent's face. The momentary distraction was enough to tap twice on his wrist-mounted computer, arming his plasma caster. A bright flash, the sound of a body hitting the mud, and suddenly the area was quiet, save the sounds of Au'sah's ragged breathing.

There were no other witnesses to the duel, and no records. It was easy to claim that the other Yautja had fallen during the hunt. Au'sah's body healed, but his honor remained shattered. Truly, he'd discovered a fate worse than death. Even if none of the others knew - he did. He vowed to become an apex predator, and rebuild what little remained of his honor. If he could not erase the past, he would drown it in blood.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Au'sah is a relatively quiet, reserved hunter until he's antagonized. While not particularly adept, he's resourceful, and liable to use his terrain and technology to his advantage in any engagement. He's cautious of engaging heavily with other Yautja due to his previous derision for being a poor hunter - as well as his last experience in an honor duel with one of his own. Desperate to regain his honor, he's eager to assist them when they're in danger, or their technology is stolen.
    --
    I plan on playing Au'sah in a fairly reserved manner. Picking one target at a time to hunt, utilizing terrain and technology to my advantage, and placing "honor" above all else.

Since I obviously have not played Yautja before, I'm planning on using his backstory as a fairly inept hunter as a reason to observe the other Yautja and see how they act, and hopefully learn some things (both IC and OOC) about how to play them well.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A hunt can be against both worthy and unworthy prey. It can take as long as it needs to, and the prey doesn't need to be aware that it's being hunted. Depending on the type of prey, you may have all of your weapons and technology at your disposal.

On the other hand, an honor duel is agreed upon by both parties, only uses melee weapons, and operates under other honorable guidelines that a hunt may not be constrained by. In an honor duel, the Yautja must provide the opponent with an appropriate weapon, if they don't have one.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Initially, I will probably assist and observe them, content to defer to their judgement when needed, but happy to work on my own for the most part.
    I would like to try to communicate Au'sah's sense of discomfort around other the other Yautja, and find ways to subtly hint that he might not be a very good hunter.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I don't know if this is too simple, but honestly, Predators are way cool and the role seems fun as hell to play.
    As a sidenote, I used to play a lot of Cyborg when I played on /tg/ regularly, and having laws that dictate your RP and gameplay adds a really fun facet to the game. I'm excited to see how the honor code affects gameplay as a predator and how it shapes the way I roleplay them.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Sweaterkittens; 07-17-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Tweaked the story to fit better with Yautja lore/ minor wording changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your account isn't old enough to be viable for a whitelist acceptance. Your story isn't long enough to my liking. I feel as if you wait another month and put more effort in the app it could become good.

-1 for now though.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    Your account isn't old enough to be viable for a whitelist acceptance. Your story isn't long enough to my liking. I feel as if you wait another month and put more effort in the app it could become good.

-1 for now though.
    I've been playing SS13 for years, and was playing when this server first started. I just took a break for a while after losing my enjoyment for the game, a while back.

I'd be happy to create a longer story, but I was under the impression that it was supposed to communicate my Yautja's general personality and ambitions. If there's anywhere you think that the story is particularly lacking, or any aspects you'd like to see expanded upon, I'd be eager to rectify that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweaterkittens View Post
    shortened
    Yes you are correct. But we also like to see a story about a hunt. About how you act and react to certain things like marines and xenos. You should have looked at the previously accepted applications and learnt from there.

Overall your application shows a short story which is not favorable. In your story it also shows that your predator isn't skilled enough. A hunter like this would constantly be looked at by elders. Failing hunts is not acceptable in Yautja culture. You'd be shunned and discarded like the failed hunter you are. You wouldn't be accepted by your clan and would become an outcast.

My opinion still stands. The application itself is not good enough whether you add something or not.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't ask for a Long Story neither a really short story like yours.

We ask for a story that shows us your predator personality and playstyle.

This story is really short for what we ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    We don't ask for a Long Story neither a really short story like yours.

We ask for a story that shows us your predator personality and playstyle.

This story is really short for what we ask.
    Just so I understand you correctly, you'd like to see more of how I'd play my Yautja in the story itself, correct? I felt as though I did explain his personality (and the background for having said personality) but I'm happy to expand on that as well, if you'd like.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what, shortness aside i actually really like the story, from a narrative perspective that is, id just hate to see a story background with such.... dishonorable actions in it. But its very unique and certainly not done before. As with dealing with loss, which preds dont often do and pride would likely drive them to underhanded tactics like that. Expand the story a little bit and show us a little more of this uniqueness and id be more than happy to slide you a +1 next month, But as it stands nicksone is correct in saying that your forum account is too young. But for how it old it is youve actually got activity so im sure that wont be an issue in the future. Its a shame ive got to give you this and id honestly be making it positive if i could but -1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an issue with the story as it gets the point across
    I've reviewed your ckey and no notes, however I pulled your logs for a year and you just started playing again on July 7th.

You may be a long time CM player, but you are mostly unknown since you just started to play again.

Final decision pending more feedback from other predators players.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really like if you expand the story a little bit, specially the brawl with the other predator & how your predator got mentally afected by that fight.

It is a interesting story, remaining neutral for now

You don't seem a bad guy and I don't really care if your account is really new unless you're new ingame too.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea who you are. After doing a quick check it seems you only started playing again recently. The app, while well written is just too short and like Nicksone stated, it doesn't show your pred in a good light. Also how you kept arguing in whitelist help that you think your app is acceptable just shows to me poor temper.

Play longer, apply again and write a better, longer story.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.