User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweaterkittens - Yautja Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate all of the feedback, guys, thanks for weighing in. I wasn't sure how lengthy it should be, prior to applying, and I didn't want to go overboard. I was under the impression I'd be able to expand on it after submission if requested, which is why I erred on the side of shorter rather than longer. I'll definitely be sure to go more in-depth with the story, especially in regards to personality.

Quote Originally Posted by edgardo
    You don't seem a bad guy and I don't really care if your account is really new unless you're new ingame too.
    While I have just started playing again within the last three weeks or so (and created my forum account ~2 weeks ago) I've been playing SS13 for years and years. I took a break for a while after adminning on /tg/, and just recently got back into things. I actually played on CM when it first started! I'm definitely new in the sense that I'm new to this community, however, so I totally understand if the whitelist council is wary about that.

Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    No idea who you are. After doing a quick check it seems you only started playing again recently. The app, while well written is just too short and like Nicksone stated, it doesn't show your pred in a good light. Also how you kept arguing in whitelist help that you think your app is acceptable just shows to me poor temper.

Play longer, apply again and write a better, longer story.
    I wasn't trying to show my Yautja in a good light, that was the point. I wanted to create a character that was a disgrace, and committed to redeeming himself. I thought it would be an interesting take. I understand that people want to see more, however, and I'll definitely take that advice into consideration.

I would like to clarify that I was not, in any way, arguing that my app was acceptable in the whitelist help section. I did not once state that I believed it was fine and should be accepted in its current state. I was eliciting my frustration with the fact that if you go through the 'Forms' section of the forum (which is the first thing I found on my search to apply for a Predator whitelist), you do not get alerted to the fact that you cannot edit your application after submission, or that you have to wait a month to reapply. I'm well-aware that despite my long history on SS13, I've only recently started playing again, so I fully understand if I'm denied on the basis that you all would like to get to know me a bit, and I can appreciate that. I don't honestly mind waiting a month either, all things considered. I just wanted my frustrations to be acknowledged instead of being condescended to and treated like I should know better, despite that information not being given to me during the application process.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to clarify that I was not, in any way, arguing that my app was acceptable in the whitelist help section. I did not once state that I believed it was fine and should be accepted in its current state. I was eliciting my frustration with the fact that if you go through the 'Forms' section of the forum (which is the first thing I found on my search to apply for a Predator whitelist), you do not get alerted to the fact that you cannot edit your application after submission, or that you have to wait a month to reapply. I'm well-aware that despite my long history on SS13, I've only recently started playing again, so I fully understand if I'm denied on the basis that you all would like to get to know me a bit, and I can appreciate that. I don't honestly mind waiting a month either, all things considered. I just wanted my frustrations to be acknowledged instead of being condescended to and treated like I should know better, despite that information not being given to me during the application process.
    That's understandable. Now you know however, after getting all of the feedback, what to do next. I didn't mean to sound condescending either. Good luck.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea who you are and the application is incredibly short. -1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the rest of the council has sealed your fate as a denial, I will say that you should just get to make yourself a little bit known, and just come up with a bit longer and entertaining story.
    Good luck nextime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweaterkittens View Post
    I appreciate all of the feedback, guys, thanks for weighing in. I wasn't sure how lengthy it should be, prior to applying, and I didn't want to go overboard. I was under the impression I'd be able to expand on it after submission if requested, which is why I erred on the side of shorter rather than longer. I'll definitely be sure to go more in-depth with the story, especially in regards to personality.

While I have just started playing again within the last three weeks or so (and created my forum account ~2 weeks ago) I've been playing SS13 for years and years. I took a break for a while after adminning on /tg/, and just recently got back into things. I actually played on CM when it first started! I'm definitely new in the sense that I'm new to this community, however, so I totally understand if the whitelist council is wary about that.

I just wanted my frustrations to be acknowledged instead of being condescended to and treated like I should know better, despite that information not being given to me during the application process.
    Again, this is not our fault. You did not look further than the first thing you saw and then decided to go from there. There's an entire yautja application sub forum that you did not read.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna have to go with a no on this one.

What occurred is a huge red flag, the story was good, but unfortunately short as anything. It would be better to try and sort out a slightly more full story, focused on your Pred, potentially giving us a bit more of your characters personality and how you intend on playing him. The questions, will need to be answered by you in your own words when you are next wanting to apply. Though remember that all forms of your communications, behaviors and interactions with people in Game, on the forums and Discord may be used as a gauge as to whether or not people support or are against your applications.

Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone
    Snip
    I already explained my perspective several times during the discussion on the discord, which you ignored. I'm not going to start arguing again on here.

Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    I'm gonna have to go with a no on this one.

What occurred is a huge red flag, the story was good, but unfortunately short as anything. It would be better to try and sort out a slightly more full story, focused on your Pred, potentially giving us a bit more of your characters personality and how you intend on playing him. The questions, will need to be answered by you in your own words when you are next wanting to apply. Though remember that all forms of your communications, behaviors and interactions with people in Game, on the forums and Discord may be used as a gauge as to whether or not people support or are against your applications.

I've definitely gotten a lot of feedback in regards to the length of the story, and I'll be taking that into consideration next time I apply. I'm glad you thought the story was good, albeit short. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by, "The questions, will need to be answered by you in your own words when you are next wanting to apply." as I'm not sure what else I would do, other than answer the questions in my own words.

I'm well aware that my interactions with people will be used as a gauge to whether people support my application. I've been nothing but friendly in every interaction with both staff and the rest of the community on CM. And I stand by what I said on the Discord. I had a valid frustration that Nicksone refused to acknowledge, instead choosing to condescend to me and be rude. Refusing to even acknowledge that there may be aspects of the application process that aren't entirely intuitive or user-friendly for people who are new to the server. As I said above, I'm okay waiting a month to reapply. I understand that I'm relatively new (at least in terms of joining this community) and you'd all like to get to know me a bit better. I'm happy to put some more time and effort crafting a story that'll really blow you guys away. I just wanted my frustration to be acknowledged, which didn't happen. If you think that makes me unreasonable, then I can't change your mind. I still stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK
    Since the rest of the council has sealed your fate as a denial, I will say that you should just get to make yourself a little bit known, and just come up with a bit longer and entertaining story.
    Good luck nextime.
    Well I appreciate all of the input, especially in regards to the story and how people would like to see it show more personality and be a bit more lengthy. Thanks for taking the time to weigh in on the application.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Yautja council has decided to deny this.

Please reapply in 2 months.

In that time, go to the whitelist app help on discord to get a better app.