Rko8504
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12:35 AM - 12:55 AM CST | 10:35 PM - 10:55 PM PST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    5. Determine the punishment.
    Description of the incident
    I had been banned for (1) Day and received two Job Bans for Doctor and Chief Medical Officer for deploying as a Doctor without permission from the Chief Medical Officer on duty to grab clothing from colony before hearing a Marine get shot and losing an arm relatively close to my location so I had intended to drag him back up to the Almayer, but a Medic had decided to tend to him first before taking him to the Alamo for pickup.

Not long after, I heard Marines being attacked by Skirmishers around Fitness and Hydro and seeing how it was lowpop, had decided to go assist in Hydro so that the Medics would not be swamped from incoming wounded that were retreating from Central Barrens.

After reviving several Marines, rescuing another from a Ravager and healing at least half a dozen or more Marines to manageable levels I was going to evac as Hydro was going to fall soon as Marines lacked the forces required to hold them back, I received a PM from Rko8504 asking why I was deployed as a Doctor without surgery tools and with no permission from the CMO; I informed him that I only went down to grab clothing, but prior events lead me to
    explaining that I was helping Marines in their current predicament before he accused me of metagaming for deploying a Doctor on the first drop with no evidence of the accusation besides helping Marines, which is my job as a Doctor.

As I had to reply to his PMs and he seemed completely serious in his accusations I deemed it more important to defend myself than to keep my In-Game Character alive causing my death and another Marine's as I did not want to be accused of ignoring a PM from a Moderator.

He would later say I would be time banned and job banned regardless of I had actually metagamed or not, unfortunately I do not have all of the screenshots saved as our initial conversation would be pushed up past the point where I could scroll up for, I will provide a link to an imgur album for what screenshots I have saved regarding the PMs I had received from Rko8504
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Seeing as he is a Trial Moderator and this is my first interaction with him, he should only receive a warning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually advised RKO on this punishment (not the meta part but thats a different story). As a doctor you went down to hydro (frontlines) and only did things a medic can do. Hydro was overun and you were killed (I believe, I was being messaged about it while I was doing something else).

Front-line doctors should set up in the FOB if they ever get permission to go down. You did not have permission. Additionally you were doing the job of a medic instead of doing surgery.

Here's our conversation since it is ban related.

he should know better if he's been here for 6 months

Rko8504Yesterday at 11:40 PM
    He died at hydro, since he was right behind frontlines

StarmuteYesterday at 11:41 PM
    he... went to hydro?
    on LV?

Rko8504Yesterday at 11:41 PM
    Yes, to treat Marines. He didn't actually bdo any surgery
    He just ran around with his belt

StarmuteYesterday at 11:42 PM
    yeah day ban and doctor ban that
    doctor and cmo

Rko8504Yesterday at 11:42 PM
    Also deployign kn first drop is metagaming right? Because he is really certain it's not
    Also I crashed and now his note history is empty

StarmuteYesterday at 11:43 PM
    doctors shouldn't be going down without CMO's permission and shouldn't go into front lines because that is utterly stupid
    use the gpanel
    Last edited by starmute; 07-17-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    I actually advised RKO on this punishment (not the meta part but thats a different story). As a doctor you went down to hydro (frontlines) and only did things a medic can do. Hydro was overun and you were killed (I believe, I was being messaged about it while I was doing something else).

Front-line doctors should set up in the FOB if they ever get permission to go down. You did not have permission. Additionally you were doing the job of a medic instead of doing surgery.

Here's our conversation since it is ban related.
    My only reason for being at Hydro only moments before it fell was because several Marines had dead and/or were dying and there had been only one other Medic that was currently alive within sight, the frontlines were at Central Barrens and I had not gone anywhere near the river let alone Central Barrens and beyond. By the time I had been accused of metagaming Hydro was beginning to fall and like I stated before, I did not want to have a mod think I was ignoring them to play after being accused of something fairly serious.

He could have asked Marines in the vicinity whether or not I had been moving to the frontlines, if I had ignored Marines dying at Hydro instead of saving them then I would not be fulfilling my role as a Doctor hence my confusion when being told I was not performing my duties nor healing any Marines and only being on the frontlines apparently doing nothing thus resulting in my job bans which is untrue, regardless if I had no permission and only "did the job of a Medic"; treating wounded and dead Marines is one aspect of playing the Doctor and when there are scant few Medics remaining and dead or wounded Marines outnumbering them it would only be right ICly and OOCly to help them. FHAZOU5.jpg

I do not dispute the one day ban, but the job bans were unwarranted as I had performed as any medical personnel should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I would like to say I completely stand by what I said and the bans I handed out. I received counseling from star just to make sure I was doing the right thing and star agreed. You told me you were bored as doc and wanted to have more fun planetside. However you state in the report that you were grabbing clothes. First off, why would you as doc have to grab clothes from FOB anyways. And how would you being hearing screams from fitness anyways if you were staying within the FOB. Also you said you saved a marine from a rav. But the frontlines weren't at hydro yet right? Frankly it doesn't add up to me, I can understand your upset. But you have to see that docs going to heal behind frontlines is LRP right?
    Last edited by Rko8504; 07-17-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Found another one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rko8504 View Post
    Hi, I would like to say I completely stand by what I said and the bans I handed out. I received counseling from star just to make sure I was doing the right thing and star agreed. You told me you were bored as doc and wanted to have more fun planetside. However you state in the report that you were grabbing clothes. First off, why would you as doc have to grab clothes from FOB anyways. And how would you being hearing screams from fitness anyways if you were staying within the FOB. Also you said you saved a marine from a rav. But the frontlines weren't at hydro yet right? Frankly it doesn't add up to me, I can understand your upset. But you have to see that docs going to heal behind frontlines is LRP right?
    I went down to grab clothes because it's something I do nearly every round when I play Doctor, I was by the Security Room on LV when I started hearing Marines fighting and a Bravo PFC being buckshot by another Marine, a Ravager was only a little bit north of the Marines scouting, this was very early into the round and before Marines had time to set-up a FOB or defenses at Hydro as the fog had a gap over the Bridge so Xenos were already out on the Colony attacking Marines in small skirmishes.

The only reason I stayed on the Planet was due to it being lowpop and having very few Medics actually actively healing the wounded at Hydro otherwise I would have written them off and returned to the Almayer, but due to the lack of Medics that knew what to do or that had already died pushing into the gap on the bridge I saw it necessary to help at Hydro.

It would definitely be LRP for a Doctor, with no real means of self-defense or at the very minimum some form of armor to be at or anywhere near the frontlines, but by the time I had gotten to Hydro the Tank was already pushing up and forcing the Xenos back which furthered my decision to help the Marines at Hydro. I helped revive one dead Marine and healed several before returning back to FOB intending to return to the Almayer before I heard over medical comms that Marines were being pushed back and fog had gone down and returning back to Hydro as Marines were likely going to be wounded or dead.

You jumped straight to accusing me of metagaming based on little to no evidence of it rather than asking for further details on why I was deployed; Yes, I said I was bored and thus went down to grab clothing, but I would've returned to the Almayer and have gone back to mass-producing chems since my chem machine was dry after the initial rush of PFCs and the few Medics.

You didn't seem to investigate any further than what you had seen as you could have inquired from other players that may have been injured or checked through the logs for anything that may have been definite confirmation as metagaming rather than assuming I was metagaming solely because I had no surgical tools and had no permission from the CMO. Even my bans are inconsistent as I was job banned for not healing nor having supplies, but I was then accused of being deployed and doing the job of a Medic and thus would be banned.

Ironically, if I HAD taken surgical tools, anesthetic and a mask without asking the CMO and deployed then that would be metagaming as I would have OOC knowledge of knowing Marines would be sustaining serious enough injuries early into the round that it would require myself to deploy immediately to repair any potential broken bones, IB, organ damage or larva remove then it would, without a doubt, have been considered metagaming.

The fact that his eludes you and other moderators involved confuses me as to why I had been accused of metagaming since I had not metioned any OOC information or used OOC information to my advantage given the situation I was in, I was just a Doctor trying to keep Marines alive and move them away from danger as Medics were already few in number and swamped with their own patients.

It would be LRP to ignore injured, dying or dead Marines as a Doctor if I had to ability to help them since it is one's duty as a Doctor to help those who cannot help themselves; ESPECIALLY if they are, as stated, dying or dead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you play a limited role that has a unique duty or ability, in this case surgery, you are expected to preform that unique duty. Doctors should not be medics, medics are medics.

I honestly have no idea where the meta came from as it didnt seem like you went down at first drop. Or anything close to it.

A warning rather than a ban would have been more acceptable.

This has more or less been resolved due to an appeal you have made. That said this was a bad call on Rko8504's part and I will speak with him accordingly.