User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have the best ideas. Here is the concept art.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks really cool, specially the mites idea.

Nice work bud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    I love your art.

As for the ideas, I'll bring it to the attention of the other devs.
    Wow, that's amazing. I feel bad about not meeting you even 1/5th of the way there. I'm not good with sprites, but if you all even consider taking such an idea seriously I could at least try. So I'll try to make a sprite of this little UGV and even if it just ends up just a playful exercise it'll be good for the practice.

Also, thanks for the compliment. I'm going through a lot of stress right now and CM-SS13 has been good inspiration to pick up a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    This looks really cool, specially the mites idea.

Nice work bud
    Hey, thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Nice work, pal
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    By the way, the idea of USCM "drones" and small robots was as old as old forum. I remember suggesting it as a mean to give perma dead players a chance to help marines. This could be even better if instead of RC, UGV would be AI. Would main 100%.
    I feel the exact same way. Thought it would be a great way for dead players to get back in at a lesser capacity.

The sticky part is whether an AI controlled kill bot would be considered breaking the law since Synths (AI) can't use weapons. The only autonomous weapon system is the Sentry Gun and it isn't exactly intelligent. It's smart the way a mine is, I suppose. Probably would have to be controlled by a responsible human agent for accountability and safety reasons.
    Last edited by PFC Snots; 07-21-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Quoting

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC Snots View Post
    The sticky part is whether an AI controlled kill bot would be considered breaking the law since Synths (AI) can't use weapons. The only autonomous weapon system is the Sentry Gun and it isn't exactly intelligent. It's smart the way a mine is, I suppose. Probably would have to be controlled by a responsible human agent for accountability and safety reasons.
    Sentry Gun already decides to pull the trigger without a human making decision, so laws aren't really here a problem apparently. We can say it's a simple AI with advanced IFF and give it classic SS13 borg laws. It would be cool if benos could slash AI control console, or something like that (ARES) making them Rogue etc.

Not only a fine addition, but also a bit of expansion to the lore about politics in USCM era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a while since I updated, but where can a fellah see all the game sprites? Do I have to dig around in the githup for the dmi files?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering it's not open source i don't think you can find the sprites anywhere, but i'm not 100% sure. But i really like the concepts and the devs should definitely start looking towards some diversity for marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks man. I was able to find the github and look at some of the sprites eventually. Got something in the works. Sprite are fucking hard to do. Attached is work in progress.

UGV OH GOD.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the art. Not too sure about those mites but it'd be neat for the xenos to have to deal with an infestation too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, a compliment from Manezinho himself! Hey thanks man! Hoping to work on my small project more soon. Your stuff is really impressive and I hope I can shoot for at least a smidget of that quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know shit all about spriting. Color. Perspective. Balance...Sometimes it hits me: "Maybe I really am going to be stupid for the rest of my life."

WIP: https://imgur.com/a/TBRI716

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know

Most of the suggestion here are shit

But these are cool.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho