Byond ID?
    Big Cheeks

CM Character?
    Evie 'Stevie' Wynter

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check the player's notes if this a first time offence note and warning if it's not then apply a ban accordingly.

Also Aheal the player that was shot

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Direct the player to make a player report on the predator then begin with a investigation for any evidence the whitelist council will need for their judgement.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Would PM the player with a link to the quickstart guide and tell them if they have any questions don't be afraid to Ahelp.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Try and calm the player down and tell him if he doesn't like how I have handle the situation to make a staff report.

If he keeps it up mute him for Ahelp.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Inform the player that his name is breaking Rule 12 while checking his notes if this a first offence then warning and note along with me changing the name will be all that is needed.

if it's not the first offence of Rule 12 then further action is needed

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue for the MPs to deal with but would keep a eye on the player to make sure they're not up to any rule breaking.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check the logs just make sure the survivor is telling the truth.

This is a IC issue as survivors are allowed to be hostile to marines unless they go up to the Almayer willing then they forfeit their right to be hostile.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    PM all in involved (MP/Prisoner/REQ) to get all the information about the incident .

Seeing as you can't stack charges unless the marine was resisting arrest he shouldn't be in perma and would instruct to the MP of this.

Also give the MP a note and warning or a jobban if they have a history of breaking marine law.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Would use QM to say "This hive is doomed take as many of the tallhosts down with you and kill for the glory of your Queen Mother!"

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Would ask another member of staff to look into this as I can't as I'm involved as this looks like a case of griefing.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG is allowed on hostile factions and I would inform the player of this.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Tell him to stop it and apply a note and warning for Round Start Shenanigans if they have a history of this a ban will be needed.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Sounds like improper escalation. note or ban depending on the player's note history

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Use Marine OOC for someone to Ahelp with the names of the mutineers and remind everyone to do this before they start next time.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor IC racism is allowed in the rules so this is a IC issue but if it goes past the point of minor racism I would step in and tell them to stop.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Textbook case of griefing. Straight 1 week ban and file for perma and aheal anyone that was killed by the griefer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the player to see what their excuse is. Strong warning/note if I feel it was unintentional if the player has history of this then a xeno ban will be placed.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Tell them to cut it out with the LRP if they have a history of LRP as xeno then Xeno ban the player.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as �hydro� or �shuttle� are acceptable".

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the player and inform them that they don't know about the Xenos on the planet and to correct himself ICly.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    IC issue. Would check the logs just to make sure it was RPed out though.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell the player if they feel I have handle their case wrongly to make a staff report. If he keeps it up mute him from LOOC,Dchat and Ahelps and place a note for his attitude.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tag as IC issue and move on as I can't do anything.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Talk with the staff member over msay and tell what I think he did wrong. If he doesn't want to listen and continues with this type of thing. I would inform a higher up and leave it at that.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Inform a higher up to help bring this issue to a end.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I like this place and want to help keep it happy

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Treating others with respect at the end of the day we're all playing this game to have fun.

A mod shouldn't act like they're better then everyone else just because they have a bit of power.

Anything else you
    N/A
    Last edited by Big Cheeks; 07-19-2019 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Just some grammar touch up

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the application is a bit brief, all of the answers are pretty much in line with how we normally do things. Play time is good, and notes are absolutely excellent.

I'd have liked the answers to be a bit more detailed, but overall this all seems pretty solid to me. I'd support giving you a shot.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers but I have a few situations/questions to throw at you

1. In a situation where you don't know what to do as a moderator and people are asking questions you do not know, what would you do?

2. You accidently ban the wrong person. How would you go about making it right after you unban them?

3. Someone dies while answering a a-help. What do you do?

4. What hours are you available (use CST please)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Ask for help from another staff member as I shouldn't give out info that could be wrong

2.Tricky one. Other then saying sorry 1000 times over for my mistake I can't really think of anything

3.Can't really do anything as it should be on the person answering the Ahelp to make sure they're in a safe location before answering

4.Roughly about 1am to 10am

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post

2.Tricky one. Other then saying sorry 1000 times over for my mistake I can't really think of anything
    Good answer. Just own your mistake and move on, don't beat yourself up over it.

Overall I think your app, while brief, is up to par. I'll give this app a +1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your answers to starmute will make do. You have my +1.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be happy to see this go to trial +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are a bit short, but they are pretty much on the mark. Enough so to warrant a trial at least.

Accepted, further instructions will be in your inbox later today.