Grimreaperx15 - Yajuta Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    AcuteCircle

Marine Name
    Andrea Viserley, Zion Griffiths, Beatrice

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Yua'tah Cin-ta

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from otHIM servers?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, very much so!

Yautja Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

And google doc for less eye hurting font:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Yua�tah is a proud, albeit a reckless male predator. HE wants to prove otHIMs of HIM worth and because of that often comes ill-prepared or underestimates the enemy and gets HIMself hurt. HE longs to be respected and seen as a great Yautja but doesn�t realize that HE isn�t all that special. HE can�t stand creatures that disrespect HIM, although HE learned to control HIMself much better than when HE was young. Like any otHIM Yautja, HE loves the hunt and the thrill it gives HIM, especially a worthy prey. HE might mercy someone who respects HIM and shows the potential to become a worthy prey later.

I intend to play HIM as a proud and overconfident predator. HE will make HIM presence known before attacking the prey and give it a chance to strike back. If the prey is intelligent and HE upgraded HIM bracer, HE will try to scare it by laughing at it, mocking it, asking questions like how much they value their li, seeing if it�s worth the botHIM and introduce some roleplay. If not, then HE might just attack it from the get-go. If the prey runs away or doesn�t attack back, HE will most likely give up on them unless they�re a real worthy deal. HE wants to fight someone who is not afraid to give their li up for a great fight, and HE will do the same for them.

In your own words, describe the difrence between an honor duel and a hunt
    Honor duel is between two parties that consent to it. It must be head-to-head, eitHIM providing the opponent with a weapon to fight against the predator or weakening oneself by not using weapons. Only melee weapons. No healing is allowed during the honor duel. If the human wins the honor duel and spares the predator, they are to be considered my equal and I must award them with something, like a weapon and let otHIM predators know of their presence and victory. If I spare them, I am to let them go and congratulate and take something of theirs as a reward.

Hunt, as the name implies, is when the predator goes to the planet and finds prey and stalks them to eventually kill them. During a hunt, on worthy prey, only melee weapons can be used. Unworthy can be killed with a ranged-weapon. Can't hunt innocent. Once the hunt is completed and I kill my prey, I take the trophy, if the prey proved any challenge.

How do you intend on interacting with otHIM predators during a round?
    Yua�tah will be wary of the otHIM predators that are on a hunt with HIM, especially males. HE will not fuck with their prey nor their hunting style. If they do not respect HIM, HE will be rude to them while trying to prove HIM worth. Wanting to be the best hunter, HE will boast about the trophies HE collected. If the predator is weak and dies during the hunt, HE will most likely mock them, depending on how they died. If they died to someone HE considers strong, HE will pay HIM respects. If someone is doing better than HIM and gets better trophies, HE will be respectful albeit not let the better hunter walk over HIM. HE will take the advice of those HE respects.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I want the whitelist because predator looks very fun to play. It opens up such an interesting new playstyle, that's unlike xeno and marine and I really want to try it out and prove that I can make a good predator. I respect whitelists, I never go out my way to use my whitelist to grief anyone or cause an annoyance to anyone and I am sure if, given the chance, I will contribute to the hunt in a positive way. I know predator causes a lot of salt to many people so I will try to make it best for everyone.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otHIMwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 07-20-2019 at 02:59 PM. Reason: updated :)))
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Yeesh, a lot of effort for a shitpost. Although if you're doing what I think you're doing, then props to you for playing the long game.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 female predator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to Plague Acute App too B)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    AcuteCircle

Marine Name
    Andrea Viserley, Zion Griffiths, Beatrice

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Yua'tah Cin-ta

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, very much so!

Yautja Character Story
    Spoiler:
    Cin-Ta wasn�t much different from any other clan on Yautja Prime, save for one thing: females in this clan were treated even more traditional than most. While capable of hunting, females were expected to tend to housework and take care of the young. At most, they went hunting with their mates.

These values were embedded in children. It was very rare and often looked down upon for females to show interest in The Hunt, which was silly to say the least, given the constant praise and parades thrown for the most established hunters. Females often looked up to these hunters, wanted to sway them with their looks.

I wasn�t one of those females.

I hated the expectations my parents set for me. I wanted to be independent and not reliant on a mate to provide for me. I wanted to be respected not because I was an attractive female, but someone who�s established themselves as a great warrior. I wasn�t the only female who felt this way, but I was one of few that made it.

I stared down one of the Un-Blooded that was under the tutelage of Van�tab. He accepted us for training. Van�tab was one of lesser known Leaders, but he was the only one who looked past the fact I was a female. I still had to prove myself to him, and I did. All the training I did on my own paid off. Now it was time to become even better.

�Fight!� Van�tab yelled, motioning with his hand. I rushed forward, preparing my dagger for a stab. The other Yautja, Nadaur, was one of the weaker in our little class. To prove myself worthy I had to beat him and everyone else. I knew the expectations Van�tab placed on me, if I ever lost a fight he�d consider me a lost cause. I had to try harder than anyone else to succeed.

Nadaur dodged my stab by stepping to the right. I turned myself on my heel, using my dexterity to land another blow. I was nervous, more than ever. My foot didn�t dig all the way in, causing me to slip. I saw a smirk on Nadaur�s face before he took a mighty sweep at my frame and missed. Debris flew everywhere as he struck the floor. I gathered myself up and immobilized him with a kick. He grunted in reply, his grip on his weapon loosening. I slapped his wrist, causing him to drop his weapon, while with my other hand I thrust my dagger into him. He screeched in pain and collapsed. I let out a heavy breath and looked up in approval to Van�tab, who seemed to dismiss me.

�Yua�tah is the winner. You need to work on your grip, Nadaur,� he said to the male Yautja, who scowled in reply. �And your attitude.�

�Yua�tah is a female, you shouldn�t lose to her in such a pathetic way,� he said, at which the rest of the Un-Blooded smirked. I batted my eyes. He still was treating me like a novelty, wasn�t he?

�Losing to Lou-dte kalei, shameful!� One of the students yelled, and I felt my blood boil.
    �How dare you!� I scoffed in anger, taking steps towards whoever said it, a nobody whose name I didn�t bother to remember, ready to slash them with my dagger.

The Leader stepped in to stop me and in a matter of seconds, I was down on the floor, writhing in pain. �Screw you!� I yelled at both the student and the Leader.

�You lack respect and self-restraint,� he put his spear to my throat, �you need to learn to behave. I will not tolerate name-calling either,� he turned to the Yautja, who hung his head, but still looked pleased. The laughter of the class only doubled my determination.

Day after day, I continued to train. Van�tab respected me more than in the beginning but there was still one thing I had to do to prove myself: the final test.
    -
    �Un-Blooded, today you will complete the final part of your training, something I know many of you have waited to do for a long time,� Van�tab started to the small crowd. �You will go on a hunt.�

Talking erupted amongst the Yautja. Van�tab explained the rules, which were simple enough. No unworthy tools or tactics. He described the creatures a bit, something about them being huge and able to call down lightning. Focusing on being the best, on beating these Yautja around me, on proving them wrong caused me to forget some of the things Leader said. One of the things that I managed to remember was the creature�s name: the Storm Lynx.

Getting on the ship, and to the planet was like a blur. There were four of us in what we call a pact, but we quickly split up when we got to the planet.

The planet was cold compared to Yautja Prime and covered in weird snow-like mesh. The sky was cloudy with lightning sparking ever-so-often. It was an unforgiving landscape, giving rise to many dangerous animals. For natives, at least.

For my choice of tools, I took a glaive and a set of improved armor. If this creature was as big as the Leader said, I needed something heavy to render it immobile. I stuffed some mending herbs into my hunting pouch and an unused crystal, just in case.

I took to the trees, activating my cloak and thermal vision. Many signatures lit on my visor, tiny animals who weren�t worth a bother. According to my bracer, I was in the right area. Now all I had to do was find my prey.

I was bouncing from tree to tree, looking for any sign of the lynx. Then I noticed something off: the further I went into the planet�s taiga, the fewer critters there were. It looked like an established territory. The stench of decay hit my nose when I noticed the first thing out of the ordinary, a corpse. It looked like a deer. It had scorch marks on its remains. Looking near the corpse, I noticed a set of big paws. It had to be it, the Storm Lynx. I took back to the trees and followed the trail. Not much further, I saw it. There was no mistaking it � the Storm Lynx. It was a huge feline, and about three times my weight. Zooming in on it with my visor, I saw the details. The front teeth were serrated, and far too big for its muzzle. If this lynx bit me, it would go through my armor and probably end me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. �Dear Paya, give me your blessing for this hunt, and Dear S�ahul, fill me with courage needed to complete this,� I whispered to myself.

I dropped from the trees, decloaking and alarming the creature. It let out a loud roar, which I responded to with my own. I took the glaive from my back and rushed at the lynx, using speed to my advantage. Just as the blade was about to hit it, it jumped at least five meters in the air, surprising me. It landed on its front legs, whipping around to whack me with its tail. I collided with a tree, winded.

The creature was on me again, preparing its claws to attack me. I quickly rolled away and used my glaive to stand up. The lynx hissed. I tightened my grip on the weapon and roared yet again, rushing once more. Just before slashing it with my glaive, I jumped into the air and twisted my glaive to aim it at a ground. The lynx raised its head up, looking as if it temporarily lost a sight of me, confused, which let me stab my glaive deep into its hide. It let out a pained cry and shook itself, throwing me off. I didn�t give it any time to counter, I rushed at it again, this time aiming for its hind legs.

The creature sprang at me as I lunged forward. My glaive struck my target. Blood sprayed from the lynx�s back leg, and in turn, blood sprayed from my waist, which the creature slashed with its sharp claws. I grabbed at my waist instinctively in pain, looking around for the lynx. It was circling me, trying not to present any openings while looking where to attack me next. It jumped at me again, which I dodged by leaping to the side. The feline landed unsteadily, and looking at it closely, I noticed it limping one of the hind legs. I jumped at it once again, ready to stab it, only to be kicked away by the other hind leg. Barely regaining my posture, I ran at it again, slashing it from the side. My glaive hit, leaving a very deep wound in the lynx. The creature certainly didn�t like it, as it hissed and roared louder than before. I smiled, already thinking of victory, which was my mistake.

The creature dashed at me, faster than before, faster than a creature this size should be able to. It pinned me to the ground with its claws, digging deep into my shoulders. I felt blood rush out and adrenaline kick in. It pinned me with all its body weight, making the ground around us collapse. I wiggled one of my arms free and activated the wrist blade and dug it deep into its snout. It came clean through, right through its skull, but the creature didn�t stop moving.

I started to panic. The creature�s weight was taking all my breath away, immobilizing me. On top of that, I saw tiny sparks gathering at the tip of the creature�s whiskers. It was calling down the lightning.

My vision was getting blurry. I relaxed my muscles, which caused the creature to only pin me down harder. Then I realized something. The ground � it was lifeless underneath. The soil was brittle and light. I kicked my feet, kicking the ground everywhere. It got loose enough for the creature to collapse as well as loosen its grip on me momentarily. I tried to free myself, but the ground caused me to slip further beneath the feline. Then the bright light hit, the lynx acted as my cover, the shockwave sent me flying once again.

Using the last of my strength, I got up. The Storm Lynx stood there, lightning sparking off it like a shield. Its posture was as messy as mine. We were both almost out of energy. I felt courage fill me, surely it was S�ahul�s blessing. It was now or never.

I looked around for my glaive and ran to grab it. The lynx was smart, it knew what I wanted to do. It sent lightning at where the glaive was, kicking it even further away. I rolled and grabbed it through the scorched earth, landing on my feet. I didn�t stop, I had no time to. The creature rushed at me again, its snout wide open, ready to bite.

I thrust my glaive forward and wanted to close my eyes but couldn�t bear to. Blood started dripping down my arms, and I felt a massive weight on my hands. The lynx impaled itself on my glaive, in its last panicked attack. I withdrew the glaive out of its corpse and took a deep breath.

I let out a peal of manic laughter. I felt� alive. I felt thrilled, scared, strong, feverish, frenzied, all at once. Now I finally understood. Like a light bulb suddenly going off, I finally understood it. The thrill, the feeling of the hunt.

And I would do anything to feel like this again.

Glossary
    Paya - God of Hunt and Glory
    S�ahul - Demigoddess of Courage and Wisdom
    Sat-Com - map located in bracer
    Lou-dte kalei - child-bearer, derogatory term towards females
    Leader - rank in Yautja clan. A Blooded warrior that leads a pack of Un-Blooded and Young Blood down the path of warrior
    Un-Blooded - inexperienced hunters who are still training
    Young Blood - hunters who completed their training
    Blooded - hunters who killed a xenomorph and marked themselves with its blood

And google doc for less eye hurting font:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Yua�tah is a proud, albeit a reckless female predator. She wants to prove others of her worth and because of that often comes ill-prepared or underestimates the enemy and gets herself hurt. She longs to be respected and seen as a great Yautja but doesn�t realize that she isn�t all that special. She can�t stand creatures that disrespect her, although she learned to control herself much better than when she was young. Like any other Yautja, she loves the hunt and the thrill it gives her, especially a worthy prey. She might mercy someone who respects her and shows the potential to become a worthy prey later.

I intend to play her as a proud and overconfident predator. She will make her presence known before attacking the prey and give it a chance to strike back. If the prey is intelligent and she upgraded her bracer, she will try to scare it by laughing at it, mocking it, asking questions like how much they value their life, seeing if it�s worth the bother and introduce some roleplay. If not, then she might just attack it from the get-go. If the prey runs away or doesn�t attack back, she will most likely give up on them unless they�re a real worthy deal. She wants to fight someone who is not afraid to give their life up for a great fight, and she will do the same for them.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Honor duel is between two parties that consent to it. It must be head-to-head, either providing the opponent with a weapon to fight against the predator or weakening oneself by not using weapons. Only melee weapons. No healing is allowed during the honor duel. If the human wins the honor duel and spares the predator, they are to be considered my equal and I must award them with something, like a weapon and let other predators know of their presence and victory. If I spare them, I am to let them go and congratulate and take something of theirs as a reward.

Hunt, as the name implies, is when the predator goes to the planet and finds prey and stalks them to eventually kill them. During a hunt, on worthy prey, only melee weapons can be used. Unworthy can be killed with a ranged-weapon. Can't hunt innocent. Once the hunt is completed and I kill my prey, I take the trophy, if the prey proved any challenge.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Yua�tah will be wary of the other predators that are on a hunt with her, especially males. She will not fuck with their prey nor their hunting style. If they do not respect her, she will be rude to them while trying to prove her worth. Wanting to be the best hunter, she will boast about the trophies she collected. If the predator is weak and dies during the hunt, she will most likely mock them, depending on how they died. If they died to someone she considers strong, she will pay her respects. If someone is doing better than her and gets better trophies, she will be respectful albeit not let the better hunter walk over her. She will take the advice of those she respects.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I want the whitelist because predator looks very fun to play. It opens up such an interesting new playstyle, that's unlike xeno and marine and I really want to try it out and prove that I can make a good predator. I respect whitelists, I never go out my way to use my whitelist to grief anyone or cause an annoyance to anyone and I am sure if, given the chance, I will contribute to the hunt in a positive way. I know predator causes a lot of salt to many people so I will try to make it best for everyone.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pred sounds like mary sue and shit app written by a 10 year old

being an admin doesnt mean u can just half ass ur app

Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im gonna make edgardo write my pred app bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because

why

not
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the hunt sister

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post