Date of Incident
    July 20, 2019

Your Character Name?
    EL-650-M0

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Kineem

Accused Character Name
    Karr'Thresh

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:20 AM

What rule(s) were broken:
    Valid Prey-Honor Code, Rule 3

Description of the incident:
    I was an Elder Lurker making runs on marines just south of Fitness on LV along with a runner. We were fighting marines and a pred kept passing through the middle of the fighting. I saw a lone marine and made a pounce but accidentally got the pred, I did not slash or injure the pred directly however he was injured when I took some buckshot and spilled blood on him. After this I immediately ran to recover my health, I began resting and was watching my surroundings when I noticed a pred uncloak right next to me. After realizing that this was probably the pred I pounced I tried to type quickly to apologize for the pounce but as soon as he uncloaked he began stabbing me. It only took two hits for this pred to kill me as I was at like 10% health, I didnt even get a chance to finish my one word plea before I was in crit and immediately killed.

I did not directly injure the pred, I did not say anything to this pred or any pred throughout the entire round. After some horrible past experiences with preds I have learned to stay far away from them but it was hard to do this as he was in an excellent spot for me to lurk. From my understanding, it did not look like he was engaged in any sort of duel with a human or was talking to them. He was moving very erratically and purposefully moving between me and the runner and the marine forces.

I understand getting angry about getting pounced, and I would understand the pred chasing me down and flexing or drawing their sword to show that they were angry. But I do not believe that I was a worthy prey as I was 1 single hit from crit and resting as I was carved up by the predator. I do not believe I was any sort of threat to him as I did not slash him, and the pounce on him was completely by accident and only because he was in close proximity to marine vs xeno combat. This pred got upsetti spaghetti because I accidentally pounced him, then broke code by targetting a xeno that was neither hostile nor a worthy prey as I was severely injured. I would have apologized but by the time I realized he was right next to me I was being stabbed to death. Not to mention that it was a pretty dick move to not even put me into crit but to remove me from the round for what was a complete accident.

(You may see in the screenshot that I am at full xeno health, this screenshot was taken about 10 minutes after I got shanked to death and respawned as a larva.)

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    I'd like to see this player have their pred whitelist revoked for such a blatant disregard of the code.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Council will wait for logs, but just reading what you're saying, you admit you pounced him.

Runners pounce predators all the time and we don't know if it's intentional or not. I will say if the predator was not hunting you, and you pounced them accident or not, you pretty much seal your fate to the predator.
    It's the same if a predator is just sitting by and a marine randomly shoots and uncloaks them, it's a aggressive move that will usually have an aggressive response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that the predator can target a human or xeno for making a hostile move but aside from that pounce I had no contact with the preds of that round. I was actively involved in combat versus humans and was trying not to incur the wrath of the preds but I accidentally pounced him because he was weaving in between the xenos and the marines. The predator was uncloaked and was intentionally placing himself in the middle of a fight. Again I understand that no matter the circumstances a xeno that interacts with a pred in any way forfeits their life but I legitimately do not understand how an accidental pounce like this, one that I would have apologized to the pred for if I had the chance in between him stabbing me with a sword, is enough for him to hunt me down and remove me from the round as an Elder Lurker. There is also the matter that I was resting, at extremely low health, and was not a threat to the pred at the time he shanked me to death, which to my understanding would be an innocent prey under the honor code.

I don't think this player was intentionally griefing or anything but god damn that seems like it would be incredibly easy to grief people that way. Running through the middle of combat and then waiting to get hit so you can kill players without consequence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was engaged with a group of marines, including the SADAR and the grenadier spec, when a lurker whom I had not interacted with beforehand pounced me in front of a wielded SADAR spec. He was close enough to see me but far enough to safely shoot a rocket that would have instantly killed me. The marine that buckshotted the lurker may not have even meant to shoot them, because the shotgunner could have been aiming specifically for me before I was pounced and forced to rest.

The SADAR fired, but it was at another predator who was distracting him instead of firing at me, and the predator who was fired at dodged the rocket. I got up and tracked down the lurker to kill them so I wouldn't get fucked up again by an aggressive, cocky lurker later down the line.

Unworthy Prey: Predators may dispatch/kill/disable the following targets by any means available.
    Unworthy Prey is defined as any prey who is unworthy of the honor code and intentionally or unintentionally disrupted the Predators hunt. These individuals (or groups) may be engaged by the Predators using their full force (cloaking, Plasma Caster) and abilities to kill or disable them.

Examples of Unworthy Prey:
    Any prey or group who actively pursues/engage the Predator themselves, who the Predator is not hunting/disrupting.

i would have killed you even if you apologized because the average xeno is not above lying about intentionally trying to fuck a pred over, and i only survived that encounter due to sheer luck

just don't pounce preds out of the blue lol

edit: i will say though that i'm sorry for ending your lurker round if you really didn't mean to pounce me, but preds can't take any chances against xenos
    Last edited by Kineem; 07-20-2019 at 06:49 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok now that puts a bit more context into the situation and makes me feel like you didn't just btfo me cause you got angry at the pounce. I feel like its still fucked up that you wordlessly instakilled me when I didn't directly cause damage to you, especially when I could barely put up a fight as I was both resting and extremely injured. But I guess under these rules it was valid and an acceptable outcome to the code as I "engaged" you with the accidental pounce and therefore gave up my life and any protective circumstances. I apologize for the tone in the report and responses but every single encounter I have had with a pred has been infuriating as I have been killed outright on small technicalities like this one. I should have just left immediately upon seeing a pred was there.

I will wait for an admin to respond to this if there is anything that needs to be cleared up, otherwise I guess I have nothing more to report on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you pounced me when I wasn't trying to fight a SADAR and the Grenadier I'd probably have just beat you to a pulp then let you go but in this particular situation I didn't think you did it on accident and it was far more serious than just pouncing me out of the blue when I wasn't engaging anything

If a pred wants to kill an unworthy lurker who tried to fuck them up, they NEED to wordlessly run up and kill them because a fast caste like a lurker will simply just run away. Preds cannot catch up to lurkers if the lurker doesn't want to stay and fight.

No offense taken, if it really was just an accidental pounce somehow then I'm sorry to end your round
    Last edited by Kineem; 07-20-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was accidental, after my past experiences with preds I've learned to not interact with them in any way. I should have just left when I saw you but I thought that was a prime area to target the marines. I didn't even know the SADAR or grenadier was there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the circumstances the council have determined that kineem has not violated his WL guidelines and we exonerate him from any wrong doing.

Accident or not, some predators may disregard an accident, some may RP with you with a punch,and others will outright destroy you.

Predators are a side antagonist for both sides and every predator has a different way of operating

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with the Council, Even if this was Kineems first offense I wouldn't even remove his whitelist outright.

Pouncing a Pred and or interrupting his hunt in anyway makes you valid. So if you dont want to fight preds, I'd avoid them entirely if I were you.

This is now resolved, no punishment given.