User Tag List

Thread: confused rock - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confused rock - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    The unloved rock
    Character Name?
    Andrew Mitchell
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Survivor
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    I believe Feweh, but they may have only been involved in my first appeal's denial.
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    /TG/Station
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I have received temporary bans from /TG/ Station in the past.
    Reason for Ban
    incident in which a fellow survivor was facehugged and later incapacitated due to injuries. after being surrounded by aliens in the medical dome and failing to heal them, I killed the incapable survivor. This was ruled as a murder. I may have mixed this incident up with a gunfight incident which I detail further into the appeal.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    while I had a previous appeal, that was several years ago and I cannot find it.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Recently I learned that a survivor ban I gained several years ago is still active. I believe that the reasons behind my ban are irrelevant to changes in the server and myself over the course of several years, and that this ban has run its course, but I do defend my actions at the time.

I think my actions at the time were completely reasonable, and that nobody suffered from them- as a survivor, I had knowledge that by facehugged friend would chestburst if not treated, as well as leeway in the rules of that time for killing them. Even without that leeway, I made effort to help them (leading to being trapped in the medical dome) and only killed them once I realised that not only would I be unable to stop them chestbursting, but that their injuries would leave them crippled and immobile until that point. I felt rushed into killing them and that killing them wasn't a "murder" but a necessary choice that was also a complete mercy, as they would've died regardless of the situation at hand. Essentially: As a survivor, it made perfect sense from an IC perspective, as I knew they would chestburst if I didn't and from an OOC perspective, it still made sense, as they weren't inconvenienced in any way by the death (being that they were effectively dead due to the pain of their injuries that couldn't be fixed) aside from a possible hope of marine rescue (which doesn't work well from an IC perspective, as all we knew about was the distress signal!)

I recall my previous Appeal failed before even considering whether my actions were just because of another incident I was involved in, which I believe was brought up by feweh. All I remember from it is that me and another survivor got into an argument with the CO on the sulaco that ended in the other survivor pulling out and firing his gun. sometime after him, I joined the gunfight. I don't remember the incident well, but at the time my defense was that I was defending myself in the fight started by the other survivor. I may have merely assumed that I would be shot at by the officers when they raised their gun and in fact shot first, however.

If this survivor ban is primarily because of the gunfight incident, then I have no problem holding my fire more in the future instead of jumping to firearms. If this survivor ban is because of the facehugged survivor incident then I believe that I acted in accordance with rules and reason, but that if my actions were wrong then it should've been punished with a regular ban, as I wasn't abusing the responsibilities of a survivor(and I recall this ban may have also came with a regular ban at the time). Either way, this ban is extremely old and I think everything has changed enough that it's fair to lift.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Links have been updated to still be functional.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like my memory of a ban appeal was actually that I was defending myself in a report, and that the latter incident may have been the defining one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be handling this appeal. Whilst this indeed an old ban, the issue is not whether these rules are still in effect now, its more the point they were back then. Since no staff member is present to verify what exactly happened we can only go via your old appeals and your statement here.

However whats concerning to me is since you've had this appeal up, you've already received a warning for Low RP. What guarantees can you provide that you are able to understand and follow our rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came back to colonial marines because I recalled how it interests me and it continues to give me reason to care about the game. I've made a mistake as it's been so long that I have lost a feel for the specific boundaries set by the current rules; while I fully intend on abiding by them and expect to have few or no transgressions in the future, I cannot promise I've grasped them well enough yet to consistently act within their boundaries. I may have appealed this earlier than I should have and while I don't think the behavior I have struggled with is particularly relevant to survivor, survivor also isn't particularly relevant to the game as a whole. I wouldn't have issue waiting to appeal this again or for the duration of a temporary survivor ban while I ensure that I have enough experience to avoid further issues. I intend to act in good faith, and I believe that is shown through the incident I was recently warned for physically hurting no one but me, but it shows me that I may not yet have a complete grasp for the rules. I won't bother trying to further defend that mistake, as I'm going to be trying to avoid it in the future anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not asking you to defend yourself in this appeal as what most of your appeal has came across as. We want to see knowledge of the rules, understanding of where you went wrong and a guarantee of not following the same mistakes as before. If you can show me this by acceptance of the rules and no further notes by the weekend (With playtime) I'll remove this ban assuming nothing else comes up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fault in shooting myself was primarily in the roleplay standard of "All personnel employed by the USCM are mentally stable" and thus with Rule 2. I have no intent of making the same or any mistakes and will be more careful in the future. I suppose we'll see how this goes until the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be removing your survivor ban. Be sure you keep up the good behaviour. Appeal accepted.