Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medical-Pouch - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Medical-Pouch

Player Name You Use Most?
    James Ringer

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...5697#post25697 - suicide

(will eventually make a RO job-ban appeal in the future)

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    maybe but i can have a bad concept of time sorry for the inconvenience

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    i see Battlefield execution as a last resort when it is impossible to detain them due to no safe way for a MP to arrest the individual. for example they are trying to harm anyone that comes close. the difference i see between battle field execution and regular execution is that instead of it being held on the ship and with a lethal injection. it is most of the time held were ever is possible and a gin might be used if available.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    James Ringer would run his ship as orderly as possible with little as little problems as possible. they would run their ship by example to make sure that those below the understand how their ship is run. But James ringer would understand that is Possible that those under his command may know what they are doing better then he does.

James ringer Would handle Insubordination as marine law specify's to the letter. barring extreme circumstances.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To lead the crew of their ship. a voice that can govern when time's are as they should be and can be a voice of reason when things are chaotic.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I would make it that Self destruct can only be activated by the CO. I would also Make it so If time's Get desperate they can Force a Defcon if it is at a certain percentage instead.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I hope that being a Co will allow me to Lead by example.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Fresh out of College James Ringer Enlists in the USCM To help Govern the Outer Colonies. Starting As a Medic for Alpha he did his best to keep his squadmates alive. he quickly rose the ranks to XO after a few years of Hard service. once making his role established he works hard to prove himself a capable leader. with his roots as a Marine on the ground, he prefers to be on the ground to bring moral up in his troops. wanting to lead by example. in one of his most recent missions, he earned the medal of valor for his service on the front lines, Keeping power enabled in the CIC, and ensuring it was safe From ship invaders. despite his efforts, his CO and a SO were killed. and he was barely alive When a Recovery team found him. and has returned to service in hopes of continuing to keep the peace on colonies and to not let those that are dead. to be forgotten. And this is not where his story will end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forgot to add that the verdict hasn't been decided yet to my knowledge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be answering each scenario in its own comment so I don't mix them up.

Scenario #1
    Bide my time and try to request assistance From the company or the USCM. (sorry round started I will continue once it is over. I'm an XO so it is not like I can hide in my room)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Ringer,

So, you may recognize my name as we played together on that MASSIVE Trijent Dam round. Great round, great performance by all involved. However, during that round I had some major concerns and personally, can't say I got a good overall opinion of your ability to lead in the sense of how a CO should. Don't get me wrong, you had initiative and were able to follow orders but, for example, in the beginning of the round you had made a very poorly made (grammatically) announcement, requested to be allowed to deploy immediately with the marines first drop, and following that, were drunk before the 20 minute mark. None of this indicated good potential for the role. You did shape up throughout the round, but again, admittedly I avoided letting you retain much command authority.

I commended you twice, medal-wise, for your initiative. But your behavior was sub-par in the beginning of the round and that still reflected in how I viewed and view you today. To simplify this all for everyone reading and for you: I find you to have a prospective future in potential whitelisting. But for now, that does not mean you are ready for the role. I do not view you as a whitelisted Captain I can approve of based on what I saw in my round with you recently + what I have seen from this application.

All in all.
    You have potential, but you are clearly not ready yet for a variety of reasons. I'm sure others will go into the reasons linked to the application.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me how old you are?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... Let me see this...

First You suicided Has Ct and get job banned from Ct-RO Roles, The next day You go and Do the same thing getting banned from the medical roles even knowing what happens if you suicide like that?
    How didn't you understand why you got banned for the Cargo roles?

The notes are really recent, you should've waited atleast a month before you Appealed the job bans and over 2 months before applying for any whitelist.

This is a Really -1 from me.
    Last edited by edgardo; 07-21-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vispanius and I completely understand your concern and I did say that I was basically accidentally drunk. but I still accept it happened. thank you for your input.

ImHeretohelp I am 15. and I understand if I get denied based on my age alone. due to this being a serious community. and I respect that.

Edgardo, I understand your concerns the reason that went down is that I was still a relatively new player at the time. and as a CT I died from a grenade. it was the first time I had help one. so I went into a separate room to try and figure it out and accidentally killed myself. I accept that was completely on me.

Enyonggg - (back to answer your questions.) (Sorry about the wait)

scenario-2
    I would allow them to arrest me due to I had broke rules.

scenario-3
    (I'm sorry if I mess up but is jones the animal in the CO office?) (if so then I would hold the prisoner until a court can be held.)

scenario-4
    send delta to held the entrance to the Lamba labs to make sure the contacts don't spread out and gain ground but make sure they don't push. let bravo finish restoring power. then reinforce delta. to give alpha time to finish the FoB. once FoB is finished pull all remaining marines to FoB to try and get a footing before trying to push back against hostiles.

scenario-5
    (funny something similar happened with the last round. except the CO died I think because he went to the front with no Comms)(that round went poorly)
    I would give the squad members one last chance to follow orders. and if they don't and an XO is present I would go down there to sort them out with the MP's if they pose too much of a threat and I can work around them I would reassigning them if possible while trying to figure out who exactly on the squad is a threat and who isn't. reassign the ones who aren't a threat. then try arrest the offending squad if at all possible.

scenario-6
    I would evaluate their plan and if it is better then my plan I would allow XO and SO's to continue but notify USCM of their actions. but if it obviously flawed I would alert the SL's to return to FoB till the mess could be sorted. and get the MP's to assist in arresting them for insubordination. (please inform me if this is not the right thing to do in any of the scenario's so I might learn for the future.

let me know if I missed anything I can fix.
    thank you all so much for your time and I hope to be able to earn your respect as a CO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and thank you all for your judgment. positive or negative

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application will not get accepted.

However, you should not feel too bad. You should do the following things:

1. Read the accepted CO apps and find common trends. See what got them accepted.

2. Play the game more. Watch how experienced CIC players play and try to replicate it.

3. Establish a positive reputation. Be helpful and kind in game and out. Learn ways in which you can make other people's rounds better.

I would avoid making apps until you do these things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you to everyone who posted their opinions and insight I will work to improve my flaws.