Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NapolonicNapoleon - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    NapoleonicNapoleon

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jozef 'Jo' Krska

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I view Battlefield Execution as a way to communicate to the marines and officers that insubordinate, disloyal, immature, reckless, AND treacherous behavior will never be permitted and will punished on the spot. Alone, these acts would be dealt with through Marine Law via the MPs and punishment given accordingly. However, if these behaviors are noticeable and constantly seen acted upon by other marines and officers, it will influence those marines and officers and they will deem it acceptable and reasonable, creating a hazard to the other marines, officers, and civilians lives aboard the ship or on the planet, as well as jeopardize the operation. Battlefield Execution is different from regular execution for one reason, Battlefield Execution is instant and public for all to see. Regular Executions have to be set up, and followed through inside the safety of the brig where only the MPs , Witnesses/Victims, and command staff get to see. These executions don't get seen by marines or officers often and so fly over their heads. Battlefield executions happen in an instant, without preparation or procedure, and any marine or officer can see it (Civilians too). When that type of suspect who has all these behaviors listen above, is killed in-front for all to see, this sends a cold, stark, and unforgettable reminder that what that person did was unacceptable to the point he had to be made an example of, and so the marines and officers fall back into order.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My Commanding Officer would allow the department heads (Engineering, Medical, Requisition, Military Police/Marine Law) to run their departments freely (as that is their job) while focusing more on the military side of things, mostly handling tactics and micromanaging Marines and Officers if need be. He will constantly respect High Command even if he doesn't receive that respect back and follow through with any orders given to him, while keeping them updated on the situation if need be and asking for advice when needed. His XO will be his go-to adviser and have them offer any input on tactics and assist the SO's when need be. My CO will always treat the XO with respect and actively communicate with the XO and not shut him/her down and forget about them during the operation. My CO would also treat the SO's with respect, as they are his eyes and ears, and will also try to actively communicate with them and offer help and/or advice while giving them clear general orders to follow. My CO would communicate with the department heads occasionally asking for status updates, expect for when the department heads ask for help/advice, or when my CO needs something done immediately for the Operation or the marines. When dealing with insubordinate or problematic Marines, Officers, department Heads, and even his own command staff, he will handle those situations with patience, reasonable actions, and understanding, but with a presence that he's still the one in command, and holds himself with confidence and a strong will to serve justice via Marine law when the situation is deemed pointless and taking away precious time from the operation which is valuable. He is an honorable and noble man, but he won't relent that easily.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The Job of the Commander is to plan, initiate, and oversee a operation which leads to a successful Marine victory while maintaining order on his own ship via department heads, and follow Marine Law/High Command's Orders. He is the guiding hand for the ship/crew and is responsible for the USS Almayer, Materials/Supplies, the Operation, and every single life residing or deployed to the USS Almayer (Including the Corporate Liaison) If he/she is unable or unwilling to do that, they do not deserve to be Commanding Officers.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    The Commanding Officer should be given his own copy of Marine Law(with any extra laws or details to follow as a Commanding Officer) and perhaps Company guideline book as well in case he/she also feels it is necessary or would be generous to follow the Company rules as well. The Commanding Officer should also have an emergency button that indicates to all MPs that he/she and their command staff are in current danger and is unable to use words fast enough to do so. Should also be the same for Medical staff in case he/she or their staff is injured and to the Engineering team in case the power is about to go out in CIC.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    By being whitelisted for CO, I would be able to fill the command role for players who play late into the night when activity is low. I've played several rounds once as an SO and nether did a XO or CO show up around the times of 9-3 AM Central time and was left with a CE or an RO to take command of the situation. Being a night time CO for the low pop servers can increase the chances the crew starts off with a CO at the start of every round, increasing the likely-hood of success for them as well. Also, I have rolled in CIC for a great amount of time and would be absolutely willing to help new SO's or XO's get comfortable in their new position and become competent in it.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Captain Jozef 'Jo' Krska enlisted in the Colonial Marines 2165, during the Tientsin Campaign when USCM recruitment was at an all time high. He was commended by his Squad Leader for respect towards anyone he met, his willingness to follow orders and see them done, and his bravery to help any injured or downed marine he saw. His only major weakness, stated by his SL, was that he didn't handle extreme pressure or stress well, and become somewhat lost until he was shaken out of it or was able to get his head back into the game. These were rare problems for Jozef however, and seemed like normal coping for stress humans go through. Jozef Krska would then be promoted up the ranks and leading his own Squad by 2171. He would continue to impress the higher up and would be promoted to Ensign and assigned as an Intelligence Officer due to his good knowledge on puzzle solving and computer skills. In 2179, Jozef Krska would be promoted to lieutenant, taking a role as a Staff Officer for the USS Almayer. He would server years as an SO and be promoted to XO in 2183, as he proved himself to be a reliable tactician and leader. In 2186. he would finally be promoted to Captain of the USS Almayer, for his leadership, experience, knowledge, tactician mind, respect, and loyalty towards High Command.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum account is... too new and aren't active. But i'll be giving you a chance by answering my easy questions. So, I have seen you around and had some interactions with you so that's a bonus. However rather than the hypothetical situations everyone seems to ask (which are really quite irrelevant and rather useless) I'd rather know about how you'd choose to play your CO, as you may have noticed, people often change drastically once they have the weight of 150+ people on them.

What do you find your personality is like as XO?

Do you try command with absolute control or are you merely there to push the men in the right direction,

Will you focus on victories or will you try new tactics?

Will you have a niche?

Additional questions since app is low effort especially the story. If you got good answers, maybe ill think about it that might lead you a positive coming from me. I will give my vote based on it.

Question is:

1) You only have 2 SO's, an XO, and yourself, but one of your SO's went and got himself arrested on various charges. Your understaffed in the CIC now, and COC Planetside is falling apart. How do you fix it?

2) You've just come out of cryo, early round, and the first words your hear are from one of your SL's: "Fuck Command, don't listen to them, follow me instead." The XO is trying to perform his briefing, and the MP's are being outran around the briefing room by the SL. You've just arrived there, and it's absolute chaos.

3.) Let's say it's decent population, you're the CO, there's no MPs, and it's five minutes before briefing. A marine is running around just causing immense amounts of trouble, hitting people in the RO line, trying to incite a mutiny for vapid reasons, runs up to you and disarms you to get the microphone out of your hands, then uses it to keep yelling for people to rise up and defeat command, etc. How do you respond?

4.) You just woke up from cryo, Aliens have managed to wipe out most of the marines, planetside is lost and the Alamo is being Hijacked by someone, or something (Aliens). What would you do?

5.) CL just came in CIC shouting over you, threatining to fax W-Y for the damages your continuous CAS and OBs have caused.What would you do?

6.) A Unauthorized distress beacon was launched, and suddenly, a UPP squad came in CIC and starts grenading the hell out of it. What would you do?

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 07-21-2019 at 10:35 AM.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    App could be better and could have more content, and I honestly haven�t seen you around.
    I will stay neutral for now

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to gloss over the obligatory "I haven't seen you play" statement since I don't recognize the name and mention the part that's actually bothering me right now. That issue being your response to the question about BEs. My issue here is that your response to the question makes it sound like BEs are viewed as a public spectacle rather than acknowledging the implications of its use.

I view Battlefield Execution as a way to communicate to the marines and officers that insubordinate, disloyal, immature, reckless, AND treacherous behavior will never be permitted and will punished on the spot.
    This right here sums it up for me and it, honestly, makes me uncertain if you understand fully what a BE is and the limits on them. I'll stay neutral for now (at least until more people respond) since the rest of your application is fairly solid other than every answer being a single paragraph making it harder to parse through and your response to how you'd deal with issues shipside being buried near the very end of the overall response.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between the application itself, the (lack of) community input, and what I've seen of you personally, I think I'm less-than-confident on this one. I remember seeing you in the CIC -- and by all accounts, you weren't bad -- but I think you need a little more time until you're ready for the role. I want you to be able to play Command with absolute ease, and I keep feeling that you're still a little rough on the finer points.

I believe you have the aptitude and the motivation to do well in Command, but you just need the extra experience. As you gather that experience, I recommend beefing up your story by a very fair margin. I want to see your ability to tell a story and write a character, I don't want to see a brief summary of your character's career history.

I'm confident you can do well if you keep at this. For now, however, I'll have to give this a -1.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry pal, but you've completely failed to answer the questions I've asked which is long overdue now. I highly doubt you have any real understanding of this role, and it's implications in regards to the overall state. That's a hard -1 from me. Maybe return when you actually understand the application and what it really entails

Sorry and better luck next time.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, looking at this you basically just wrote up the application and just forgot about it. Since you haven't responded to any questions or concerns, I've gotta make this a -1, sorry.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea you haven't responded to any questions or any feedback of the like
    -1 im afraid.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows lack of interest and haven't seen him around.
    Changing my neutral to -1
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no -1. I don't see you ingame.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019