forest2001 - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    forest2001

Marine Name
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Kjuhte Luar-ke

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    I am

Yautja Character Story
    The entire story is on the google document. This extract below is the first section, used to fill the character requirement of this app section.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...OgL1XM11-yL3Ds

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Kjuhte is extremely cautious, whilst most of his brethren are liable to dive into the thick of things he is very observant, taking extra care before selecting suitable prey to hunt. I intend to spend a "long time" stalking prey before I begin the hunt properly. To truly defeat an enemy, you must know their strengths and flaws. Know them, and exploit them. He is still capable of making mistakes of course, but I intend to take extreme care to the best of my ability.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A hunt is more sport than anything else, stalking your prey to collect trophies and bring glory to your name and clan. A hunt is not as limited as an honour duel, but nor does it bring the same sense of accomplishment (excluding rarer cases).
    An honour duel is, whilst mainly to show respect of your opponent, still something I would classify as a sport although to a much lesser degree, if only because it's so pivotal in Yautja culture and is often spectated by other Yautja. As a summary however an honour duel is a fight to show your true strength and cunning in one on one combat. A way to express supremacy and character.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I intend most of my interactions with other Yautja to be primarily analytical, observing their hunts, discussing strategies, taking and giving advice in regards to various types of prey. I want to uphold a very methodical approach to everything and make him more of a teacher than a killer, whilst still showing he's more than capable of either.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I would like to be a Yautja because they are a major influence in the round, I believe I can use that to enhance how things develop. Many Yautja don't interact as often as a lot of people would like, I understand this comes from the fact that a talking Yautja is usually a dead Yautja, but fear and subtlty is often a more powerful weapon than flailing around with a glaive. I also believe I can offer a somewhat unique approach to the Yautja role.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you pull off the way you want to play your Yautja then I think you'll be a good addition to the pack. Your story is large and a pleasure to read. A lot of thought has gone into how the story should be made and the research behind it is incredible. This is what I would refer to as a example of how a story should be.
    I do however have one question for you.

You are in an honor duel. Yautja vs Yautja. However the other Yautja has terrorised you for the entire time you were on the hunt 'together'. He has mocked you and talked down towards you and yet in the duel it goes even until you get a lucky strike in and you beat him.
    What do you do with your opponent?
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would let him live with the shame that he was defeated by one he mocked. If he thought so little of me as to ridicule my hunt and insult me, then it would harm his pride to be beaten by me. I need no other reward and the death of a brother who fought honourably has no benefits.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need no more. +1.
    I would've liked to see you specify that a honor duel is to the death but your answer made it clear to me.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah sure I guess you can be a predator

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extraordinarily enthusiastic, are you feeling ok?
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ew another tard has pred +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    Ew another tard has pred +1
    Takes one to know one
    Thanks!
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm already banging my head at this application. First, you used the name Luar-ke which so many people have used and I'm 100% sure it's from the predator name generator. From that fact, I don't see any creativity with the name at all. Your last two pages are not necessary at all; you pretty much told us all the castes of the xenos. The fact I liked was you tried to use first/third person in your story, but for your dialogue you put in the story, it read like a girl on tinder sending one or two words when talking to them.

Also, we've had a huge amount of new predators the past two weeks who have gotten accepted and totally went against the rules of this whitelist. You've also put several names for the marines you play and the only name I recognize is the synth. I can't say anything negative towards the playstyle because 99% of playstyles have been done.

After saying my piece I have a question for you. A marine you are hunting and actively fighting has retreated into the FOB and marines around him actively start shooting at you, what do you do?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    I'm already banging my head at this application. First, you used the name Luar-ke which so many people have used and I'm 100% sure it's from the predator name generator. From that fact, I don't see any creativity with the name at all. Your last two pages are not necessary at all; you pretty much told us all the castes of the xenos. The fact I liked was you tried to use first/third person in your story, but for your dialogue you put in the story, it read like a girl on tinder sending one or two words when talking to them.

Also, we've had a huge amount of new predators the past two weeks who have gotten accepted and totally went against the rules of this whitelist. You've also put several names for the marines you play and the only name I recognize is the synth. I can't say anything negative towards the playstyle because 99% of playstyles have been done.
    As I have just woken up I�ll address your question when I�m more awake and have had time to think about it. As for your criticisms I will address them as is.

Firstly, the name, I chose it because I wanted to give it its own lore and backstory. It came from the Yautja wiki and I am aware it has been used before. Coming up with names is something I find fairly difficult, and given that I could create a story for the name I picked, I stuck with it.

Dialogue. I have said both at the bottom of my story and my synth application that dialogue is an element I struggle to write preemptively and that I find it much easier to develop a conversation as it goes rather than create an engaging two sided conversation by myself. I�m aware it�s not the best in the world but I have attempted it best I could.

The last two pages. Necessity is not the only reason to do something. I have greatly enjoyed writing this story and it is a learning experience for me regardless of the outcome, I am grateful there are elements you like, and fully expectant that there are also those you don�t.

As for difficulties with recent acceptees I�m not sure what the relevance is. I have already stated I know the rules around the role and if I did not I would not be applying for the role. Of course knowing and understanding them are two different things, but I believe I am capable of upholding the rules placed on this whitelist as I do have an understanding of them and am very aware of how quickly things can get out of hand should they be broken.

I�ll either edit my answer to your question in after I have woken up properly, or make a new post depending on how long it is before I respond.
    Last edited by forest2001; 07-24-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler: