Byond ID?
    Sollessa

Marine Name
    Sollessa Storm

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Catherine

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If I was aiding injured marines and a xenomorph tried to attack us I could use a weapon to attempt to drive the xenomorph off or kill it. If a fight broke out between marines I would be allowed to attempt to non-lethally subdue the offending marine for the MPs. If I was out in the field and CLF trooper attacked me I could use a knife or similar weapon to defend myself.

Synthetic Character Story
    Captain Marcus looked around the bridge slowly, his eyes sweeping over the many consoles and equipment around the room, noting an orange warning light on one of them, before turning and saying into a comm link "Catherine, please attend me on the bridge." He hears the familiar voice of the ship's synthetic come back over the comm "Of course Captain, I'll be there momentarily." He sits back into the chair and waits for a few moments before hearing the door slide open and light footsteps behind him. He turns and sees Catherine entering the bridge. She is 5'9" with shoulder-length blonde hair and bright green eyes. As she walks into the bridge he sees her pull down a pair of head phones and Captain Marcus hears the sound of a piano coming from them. She stands before him and gives him a small bow and says "How may I help you Captain Marcus?" Marcus looks down at the console in front of him, noting the orange warning light again and says "Catherine, go down to Engineering please and check reactor 3 for me please. There seems to be some kind of problem." Catherine gives a small bow again and says "Of course Captain Marcus, I'll get on it right away." and turns and walks out of the bridge.

Catherine pulls the headphones back up on her head, listening to Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 13 in C major as she heads down to engineering. As she moves towards the engineering deck she goes through a few steps for some simple waltzes in time with the music and then stepping into the elevator. She presses the button for Engineering deck and then hums to herself as she heads down. The elevator stops a deck down and a marine gets on the elevator with two of his men. She nods respectfully to him and says "Good day Sergeant Burns, are you doing well?" He gives a small grunt of agreement and turns to his men and makes some small talk. Over her music she hears one of his men say "why's the damned synth always listening to music like it's one of us? It's sickening." Catherine smiles and turns to face him a bit as she says "This damned synth enjoys music as much as any organic I believe. Perhaps you should instead direct your attention to your next deployment Private Barnes and maybe spend some time in the range to practice your shooting. Your last time in the range was disappointing." She's still smiling as the doors of the elevator opens and she steps off onto engineering deck, the marines glaring at her back.

Catherine takes a moment to check on her audio device and takes a moment to cycle through a few songs to find one of her favorites and then moves into the engineering deck. She steps over to the monitoring console and finds the issue quickly enough, being a power short in the generator. She walks over the generator and pulls open the wiring case and looks around inside. She notes the faulty wire and sees it was a cause of poor maintenance work and spends a few moments repairing it. She walks over to the monitoring console again to verify that the issue has been fixed and then walks over to the wall and thumbs the comm console for the bridge and says "Captain Marcus?" She hears his gruff voice respond "Yes Catherine?" She thumbs the communicator again and says "I have repaired the issue Captain Marcus." She mentally checks the repair logs for a moment and then says "Sergeant Kline did a poor job of repairing a wiring issue yesterday and it caused a short circuit." She pauses for a moment and then hears him say "Very good Catherine, go on about your normal duties." She thumbs the comm unit one last time and says "Of course Captain Marcus" and then walks back towards the elevator, swaying in the hall for a moment as she goes through another simple waltz to the beat of Mozart.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Catherine was programmed to never tell a lie or be evasive. She always answers a question truthfully or not at all. She is formal when addressing others and attempts to be courteous at all times unless it would involve telling a lie. She is quick to act when needed and will give her thoughts on any matter when addressed or even when she feels is needed. She is forthcoming with her thoughts and tells it like it is. She has a love of music, especially the old classics from the 13th through 17th centuries and enjoys chatting with others about music in her time not working. She desires to one day be capable of making her own music.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very familiar, I have performed as both a maintenance tech on the ship and I have been a squad engineer on every map.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very, I've played all command roles except CO at least once.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Fairly familiar, I've played medic a few times but I don't think I've played Doctor. I know the medicines and field treatment fairly well and surgery is easy enough.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very, easy enough to do. Order stuff, deliver it to people, hand out gear.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I've enjoyed playing synthetics on other servers and I enjoy the play style. I think I would make an excellent synth player and there seems to have been a lack of them recently as well.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I know I made one a while ago that seemed low effort but I didn't know what was expected that time so here's a real one.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have anyone of notable importance that can vouch for your IC competence in these support classes?
    Synthetic Senator

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How familiar are you with Medical?
    Fairly familiar, I've played medic a few times but I don't think I've played Doctor. I know the medicines and field treatment fairly well and surgery is easy enough.
    Thank you for honesty. I'll hold my vote until you play doctor for at least a few rounds.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not very good at remembering specific marines unless I directly interact with them several times. I can't think of any names off the top of my head for people that I've performed those roles with. I'm just not good at names. I'll play Doctor tonight a few times after this round.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played with you in game and I can definetely vouch that you go out of your way to be usefull.

Though just to note that this was not a support role.

+1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can attest to engineering claims. I have not personally witnessed the others.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the vouches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I played medical a few rounds now in a row. Here's the manifest snippets from the rounds.
    https://gyazo.com/5c5d6783301a4d5a63adb53ccc6f9fc6
    https://gyazo.com/b732965dd3377ae569ef42e6cb52c59c
    https://gyazo.com/26559ad65da7aa738d2b930b84bd3f56

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to get a bit familiar with chemistry too if you are not already. Just enough so you can with the help of the wiki make the important pills for the medics that want them. Getting some field surgery experience may also be a good idea.

Now onto the actual story and quirk itself, why does Catherine listen to music and what would you say she (and the crew of the almayer) gains from it?
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did chemistry all of the rounds that I played and made all of the meds requested by the medics and other doctors. Catherine listens to music to make her seem more human. She knows that it is something that pretty much all humans enjoy and she wants to understand them as best she can. She found that the more in common that she has with the crew then it allows her to form better connections with them as they can find common ground and shared experiences.