User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sollessa - Synthetic Application

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me what are some common mistakes inexperienced doctors do that result in a death of a marine and how to avoid them?
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 07-26-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lack of someone doing triage can be a huge problem in medical. A lot of injuries are not life threatening if left untreated but some of them are. Doctors that treat medical as first come, first serve might kill marines that need treatment right away in order to stop a problem such as internal bleeding or a chestburster. When there is a large number of patients in medical at once it's vital that one of the staff goes around and locates patients that need to be treated ASAP in order to save their lives. Doctors will sometimes overuse the defib, defibbing the patient over and over again without actually treating the patient will kill the patients heart and make them MUCH harder to be revived since they will then require surgery to repair the heart damage on top of all of the other problems before they can be revived. There is not always enough time to repair heart damage before they go brain dead. Another potentially lethal mistake is not paying attention to chemical numbers. Pretty much all medicines have an overdose threshold and if you go over that threshold you are very likely to maim or kill the patient. Always use the health analyzer before you start treating a patient with chemicals to make sure that you don't OD them. The last one that I can think of that happened to me personally is when you are removing alien parasites from marines, always remember to remove them ALL. Marines sometimes have more then one alien embryo so you have to make sure you get them all or you'll release them and they'll just die anyways because you missed one.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great answer to the medical questions. Now onto the app:

You say your synthetic is truthful and doesn't tell a lie. That's not really a quirk in on it's own, as synths pretty much have to obey commands and tell truth. Catherine liking music is fine and definitely roleplayable. Story is okay, but I find issue with this:

You say your synth is courteous but she is fairly rude to the marine, insulting his shooting. Why does she get so defensive if she is supposed to be courteous? What would you do if a marine escalated this to punching you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually have to apologize on that as it's an editing error. When I was writing the story I realized that part was in conflict with that I had said before hand and so was going to edit the quirk and personality but must have missed it. The sentence should read "She is formal when addressing others and quick to act when needed and will give her thoughts on any matter when addressed or even when she feels is needed." She would likely not be that rude to most marines, I was trying to give an example of the most extreme it would get from her. If a marine reacted violently then she would take it most likely and address an MP to deal with the violence or disarm the marine and leave it at that. She knows that she is durable and easy to repair and it is not her duty to discipline marines or to fight them.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, cool. Quips are okay, which is somewhat what you synth was doing in the story.

You got my +1 but keep playing doctor, just to refine these skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the request of Jak, here is a RP between my Synth and a friend of mine playing as a very hostile and not very cooperative CLF prisoner.

Recorded Session Log - Interrogation of Colonial Liberation Force prisoner #213 - 2/13/2186

Catherine: Hello, my name is Catherine and I will speaking with you today in order to circumvent language issues. Please state your name for the record.

Prisoner: My name? You want to know my name?.....My name is Sir Gofuckyourself the 3rd.

Catherine: I will refer to the subject as "Prisoner" until a name is supplied. You were captured while trying to board an USCM transport. What was the goal of your boarding attempt?

Prisoner: Rumor has it your mom was up there and I wanted to see how large the cargo bay was for that whale.

Catherine: I do not have a mother. Do you enjoy music prisoner? I've found that music helps people relax.

Prisoner: Yeah I love music, do you know that song.....Eat A Fat Dick You Commie Bastard by Don't Appropriate our Land? That single has been stuck in my head all day.

Catherine: <Small click and piano music starts playing> This is a piano concerto by Mozart. The United Americas government aren't communist. I believe you are confusing us with the UPP. What is the source of your conflict with us?

Prisoner: I didn't call you a commie, that's just the name of the number 1 hit single playing across the sector.

Catherine: Perhaps then you could explain the issue the colonies have with the Colonial Marines? We are here to protect the colonies.

Prisoner: The colonies? You should be interviewing Don't Appropriate our Land, it sounds like they are the ones who take issue with you.

Catherine: The Colonial Marines are not here to appropriate anyone's land. We are simply here to protect the people of Tychon's Rift.

Prisoner: Protect them? With orbital bombardments. Fuck off ya bloody hypocrite. There is a cold place in hell for a she-devil like you.

Catherine: The USCM Battalion Falling Falcons has been tasked with the security of this sector. If the Dust Devils employed the use of orbital strikes then they must have felt that it was absolutely needed.

Prisoner: Yeah you wouldn't want the women and children on the ground to get too rowdy would ya. Let's show em who's boss by wiping out half of em. Real Triple-A protection service there. You fucks are all the same, you come in here with your big weapons and your loud assholes and claim ya' own everything. But none-a-ya plow the fields or fix the hydration lines. Then when one poor sod off his meds steps outta line, you bomb us all from orbit. Sod off ya wanker. The only people we be needing protection is from you.
    <Prisoner#213's voice will gradually raises during that speech. When he tells Catherine to 'Sod off' he will slam his fists against the table.>

Catherine: Records indicate that it was the CLF that began hostilities in 2181. What do you hope to accomplish?

Prisoner: I wasn't even apart of the CLF in 2181, I didn't join up till you sodding wankers thought protecting is dropping bombs ON SCHOOLS!

Catherine: The Colonial Marines are a peacekeeping force. It is not their desire to harm civilians. However, the CLF has proved to be hostile and had started multiple engagements unprovoked. You have attacked our men and equipment. We seek to end the hostilities and return this sector to a state of peace.

Prisoner: Yeah those kids were causing all sorts of trouble in Ms. Silverman's poetry class. Better watch yer ass or they are gonna get you. You are cowards, the lot of you.

Catherine: I can see that you aren't interested in speaking with me. What do you want from us?

Prisoner: I want your child murdering assholes to go back to where you came from and never return, ya hear?

Catherine: What you ask is not possible. I believe this interview is at a close. The Colonial Marines are here under mandate to protect these colonies and we will do so.

Prisoner: <Prisoner#213 raises his cuffed hands and makes a rude gesture towards Catherine>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollessa View Post
    How familiar are you with Medical?
    Fairly familiar, I've played medic a few times but I don't think I've played Doctor. I know the medicines and field treatment fairly well and surgery is easy enough.
    You openly admitted you haven't played Doctor since you opened your app and you openly admitted you only played medic a few times.

Every time I've seen you online you've played PFC or squad leader rather than any support role. I don't think you lied when you said you did play those roles, because you were very open about your experience with medical and didn't hide it, but I don't think you've played the roles long enough.

Synthetics are supposed to be masters of support. They do everything and they do it well, and the reason they do it so well is because they've been doing it for a long, long time. If you lack the experience in those roles it doesn't matter how good your theoretical knowledge is because you'll be too slow doing your job. You'll fumble and you'll forget options that you have even when they're right in front of you because you're just not used to playing medical, it's not muscle memory to you yet. We've had to remove a whitelisted synthetic for very clearly failing to know support even though he was otherwise an alright guy; he wasn't bald, he knew the basics, but he just didn't have the experience yet to really meet the synthetic standard.

In addition, I don't want to set the precedent that anybody can get a synthetic whitelist if they just say 'oh yeah i'll play a couple rounds real quick while my app is up'. Play those roles before you apply and make yourself known as a competent support player, then apply for a synth whitelist.

The rest of your application is mostly fine, and I really like the most recent dialogue between the synth and the prisoner, but I just don't want to take in somebody who hasn't played much support.

Last edited by Kineem; 07-31-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played medical enough to know it. Surgery is easy and I've done every one of them. Chemistry is easy enough, I've done it every round I've played doctor and I've made all of the meds that the medics have requested. Doctor is easier then squad medic and I've done both several times. I just prefer to play other squad roles or support roles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The quirk is fine, we have another old synth who hums some songs, if I remember correctly and I like it. The story was readable, it showed your quirk and ignoring that character flaw in there, I think passable.

Ingame I've only seen you play unga roles, maybe squad engineer here and there. I don't remember your RP noticeably, but that is fine considering I haven't seen you in a role that requires it.

Sadly I must echo Kineem in this case, being a good doctor and knowing surgery inside out is really the bread and butter of Synthetics. I cannot accept anyone who I'm even a little in doubt that they will mess up anything, but luckily for you, I'm not quite as hard as Kineem either, so I'll give you a chance. If I see you being an acceptable doctor in game within the next week, I'll vote positively.

What timezone do you play on?

+1
    Last edited by Vampmare; 08-03-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna agree with Kineem here and drop a -1.

Recently, we had to dewhitelist a synthetic for not meeting up to our game competency standards. I'd rather save ourselves the trouble here and have you reapply in two months with more knowledge and confidence.

Also "This damned synth enjoys music as much as any organic I believe. Perhaps you should instead direct your attention to your next deployment Private Barnes and maybe spend some time in the range to practice your shooting. Your last time in the range was disappointing." is a completely unnecessary response to a marine's insult. A synthetic would never say something of this caliber, they can't feel disappointment, and it just seems passive aggressive.

Other than that the story was fine, and I appreciate you writing the little dialogue like I asked you to.
    Synthetic Senator