Date of Incident
    July 24, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Lucien

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    araclain

Accused Character Name
    David Flashman

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Round End - 17:50, 07-24-2019

What rule(s) were broken:
    3,4,14; see punishment

Description of the incident:
    In the round in question, I played as synthetic survivor. After some serious escalation, I was detained, almost BE'd (illegally, for I was in MP custody), had my arms sawn off, was detained again, and had my head shot off due to some questionable circumstances.

A more complete description of the events of the round is available in the evidence section.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    This folder includes video clips of most of the pertinent events, as well as a full account of the round and my postmortem of the disaster that came later.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3ucPDMKVjV_4ZP

How you would punish the accused:
    Given the disaster that round was, AcuteCircle requested that I make this report so that others involved may contribute their perspectives (if I understand Acute's request correctly).

That said, and as stated in my analysis in the evidence folder, the worst offenses were committed by the CMP, Applewhite, and not by araclain. Furthermore, given the confusion, I would not propose any form of punishment and let more information come to light before taking any such course of action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember this round, it was first full MP round. The CO was, in gos defense from my perspective, stressed out from the RO actively undermining the OP with like 2 powers only drops to the ground OP being a rollercoaster. On the other side, the CO pretty much wanted to deal with every issue with a BE, from the new CT who accidentally shot to research for growing a Xeno. Now, the CMP didnt help the situation with his attempts to kill the survivor synth before being tazed by Payne for going against the CO before eating his own gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna clarify what I said since I'm now on my laptop, also since I somehow don't have an edit or delete option to the last one, sorry.
    So, that round was interesting; It was my first full MP round, so I was going by the books as much as I could. I was unaware of Lucien's issue till the CMP asked over MP net if any had seen the colony Synth. Their body was found in the morgue, and we all thought they were just dead. Things then got weird we stopped Research from keep growing a drone and, at least to my surprise, the colony synth's head was among us and protesting it's treatment. At which time either the CO or the CMP requested the head and I left with Erina, as this was above our pay grade and we had a ship to patrol. Over the course of the next few minutes, I believe, command net and police net got whack as the CL and synths were protesting their treatment and the MPs were divided on whether or not Synths were protected by Marine Law as well as having to obey it. The CO's and CMP's excuse for delimbing the colony synth was on the ground it had tried to murder a few marines when working the Tank due to one of TC having to Cryo and we really needed the Tank, though this was all from other people saying that. (And everyone claims the Tank is out to kill them) I forget when, but at some point the the RO got BE'd for undermining the OP with 2 powerpack only crates and such. Right before the CMP ate his own gun, whether through a bad Russian Roulette or by purpose, the CO decided to wash his hand of the synth and just ordered them fixed and sent wherever to help. Now, in the CO's defense, shit was just getting whack around the Almayer and he was stressed. On the other hand, the CO was, from my view, wanting to just BE anyone he could.
    I believe, as Staffer the MP, that both the CO and CMP overstepped their bounds, mostly by claiming that even tho Synths are bound by Marine Law, they aren't protected by it and hence could pretty much torture the colony synth.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was Walter Dowding in this Round, during the round if I remember we were told that you were luring Marines into the Xenos from comms and if I watched the videos right in the first video where the IO is being slashed you stood there not trying to save them and in the process another marine Wilson got killed trying to save them (which Darin accuses you of) is killed and in the Forth video where a marine is devoured he could still use his radio to contact and tell others about 'luring' thus the CO announced they were allowed to shoot on site. as for the CMP your arms getting taken was a sort of IC way for you to not attack or harm personnel on the ship as we were told you were capable of

However I think that the CO then said for you to be Decommissioned and I believe the CMP didn't know how to go about it so he decapitated you which he believed decommissioned you
    This is when the CO then backtracks from decommissioning you and to give you your arms and body back im not sure if the CMP saw this message as he still wished to destroy you and Payne then tazes and then hits the CMP which he sees as treason. This culminated in all MPs to the brig, Payne being Pardoned by the CO, given a medal and Applewhite being Demoted which I believe he suicided over which is a big no-no

This is all from what I saw first hand and from the Videos provided by Lucien
    I hope what I've posted has helped in this
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the more pertinent logs:

Lucien is in Engineering, doing work there. He and Daniel Wilson speak over the radio.

Spoiler Spoiler:

An IO spots him outside of Engineering, and starts dragging him to South Nexus. She is then attacked by a xeno and dragged off. Lucien watches on. Marines walk over just in time to see a glimpse of the IO get dragged off.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Daniel Wilson then goes to that position, is attacked by xenos, and is dragged to the caves.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lucien and Percival talk on LZ1. Darin Draudy comes over upon spotting Lucien.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Darin Draudy leaves. Percival tells Lucien he will speak to Command about the goings-on.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Marines & Darin Draudy discuss Lucien on comms with the CO.

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO receives more reports that it's hostile.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The rest of the escapades are pretty much caught on video, but there's also these comments from the CO, more-or-less shifting the responsibility of handling the synth to the CMP;

Spoiler Spoiler:

Essentially;
    • The synth, due largely to their inaction, allows a marine to get dragged off and killed, and watches others get killed.
    • Seeing this, marines interpret the synth as being hostile and report this to the CO.
    • The CO, with the IC information they've received, orders that the synth be dispatched/taken care of as needed and in accordance with the reports they've received. Everything which follows is based off of the IC claims made previously regarding the synth's behavior.

The CO and Synth Councils are jointly working on establishing clarification regarding how synthvivors should be treated based on the events which have transpired. In this case, however, the CO acted based on the IC information presented to them, and we will not punish a CO retroactively for decisions without past clarification.

The individual posting this report even acknowledges that the CO in question was largely not responsible for the events which transpired and should not be punished. Player reports are not intended as a way to seek clarification and should not be posted as such -- if clarification is sought, please consult the respective council. This is not the fault of the poster of this report; this was due to a miscommunication between the Synth and CO Councils.

All in all, however, the CO Council must insist that NO action be taken against Araclain.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with the Synth/CO Councils statements on this.

This resolved, no punishment given to Araclain, Should you seek punishment to the people who wronged you. Make a separate player report about them please.