Date of Incident
    July 27, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Michael Braddock

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Ceyella

Accused Character Name
    Addfwyn Meer

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    07:34 - 08:46 AM Central

What rule(s) were broken:
    Powergaming

Description of the incident:
    I was the Captain and spent the entire round in the CIC along with my XO, bar leaving for briefing and once at the very end of the round, and as far as I knew there were no SOs, only the XO and I. I didn't hear any radio chatter from an SO or see one whatsoever.

Towards the end of the round, I find out that Addfwyn Meer is, in fact, an SO, and had apparently deployed to unga and kill things without telling anyone, acting like a PFC but with a fancy icon and the ability to get more robust gear. I've obviously not got any issues with SOs deploying, but picking the SO role for no other reason than to be a PFC+, hardly communicating and not fulfilling any of the duties of the role while frontlining seems like something better left to the squad marine role.

It's worth noting here that this is pretty minor, all things considered, and I planned to ahelp it in round but it slipped my mind since I only realized that there /was/ an SO towards the very end of the round, and was busy trying to deal with xenos aboard.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    This is the only communication between Meer and the CIC for the entire round as far as I am aware.

[08:36:37]ANNOUNCEMENT: Michael Braddock (noahkirchner) has announced the following: It looks like most of the marines have made their way back into the colony proper, and I'm seeing no signals in the western caves. If you're just waiting for somewhere to go, head to the west caves.

[08:36:46]SAY: Addfwyn Meer/Ceyella : West is clear
    [08:36:49]SAY: Addfwyn Meer/Ceyella : I just came form there
    [08:36:57]SAY: Michael Braddock/NoahKirchner : Wait, you deployed?
    [08:37:03]SAY: Addfwyn Meer/Ceyella : Of course
    [08:37:16]SAY: Addfwyn Meer/Ceyella : Already credited myself a few kills
    [08:37:08]SAY: Michael Braddock/NoahKirchner : You.. didn't ask?

^There was no response after that. If I'm somehow missing logs here that prove I'm an idiot who knows nothing about anything I'd love to see them, but I'm pretty sure this is the only communication between Ceyella and the CIC throughout the entire round.

How you would punish the accused:
    Like I said earlier, I think this is rather minor, and it feels a bit silly making an entire player report about it, just a light warning would make sense imo.

Ceyella
    I latejoined towards the endish of the round, with 14 xenos. and took standard gear from req. - "PFC but with a fancy icon and the ability to get more robust gear. I've obviously not got any issues with SOs deploying, but picking the SO role for no other reason than to be a PFC" - i was Using an HPR, marine light armor, and a helmet, i got from req. i did not touch any of the officer gear, or the tac shotty.

furthermore, my reason for deploying was to get a sense on the ground operation, and see to our needs. i communicated with command anything i felt needed, like when i ran into chad, working on hydro, and asked about his needs, and sent it up the supply chain.

Bravo SL then mentioned needing a sentry so i hunted one down for them.

i did communicate, what i deemed important. like that west was clear, because i went to check it with some marines, after helping with the supplies - i was trying to locate the fronlines to then do what i normally do, and hangback, feeding command info about the ongoing battle. sadly as this was towards the end, i was unable to really do much, so i stayed silent to not gunk up comms.

on a sidenote, i did waste WAY too much time trying to help a new runner player. (it was clear he didnt have any real sense of the controls and he cornered himself alot) and i felt bad about just up and mowing him down, so tried to help him in LOOC, and ahelped he seemed very new and could use some guidance.

i merely deployed to help the troops, and i conveyed any information i deemed important. I have stated many times, even on the forums, i believe the role of the SO is to aid in ground ops, this was not a slight on you, this is something i do pretty standard, to either help JTAC, talk to marines, issue orders, and give information on the ground.

and on "^There was no response after that. If I'm somehow missing logs here that prove I'm an idiot who knows nothing about anything I'd love to see them" this seems very hostile, The-solider will standard in all reports, pull any logs he deems relevant, and im sure searching logs for everyone all the time is tedious, but he does his best. not out of malice, but because someone has to do it.

Ceyella
    (oh also, i didnt kill jack shit, i just IC lied i got kills to justify me being down there, because most captains prefer ungas and saying "i deployed to help oversee operations" gets you in trouble more than "i kill thing")

Ceyella
    (i didnt deploy to unga - i deployed to command, and i did my best to do so...IC, i had to make up some bullshit about killing xenos to gt you off my back.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceyella View Post
    I latejoined towards the endish of the round, with 14 xenos. and took standard gear from req. - "PFC but with a fancy icon and the ability to get more robust gear. I've obviously not got any issues with SOs deploying, but picking the SO role for no other reason than to be a PFC" - i was Using an HPR, marine light armor, and a helmet, i got from req. i did not touch any of the officer gear, or the tac shotty.

furthermore, my reason for deploying was to get a sense on the ground operation, and see to our needs. i communicated with command anything i felt needed, like when i ran into chad, working on hydro, and asked about his needs, and sent it up the supply chain.

Bravo SL then mentioned needing a sentry so i hunted one down for them.

i did communicate, what i deemed important. like that west was clear, because i went to check it with some marines, after helping with the supplies - i was trying to locate the fronlines to then do what i normally do, and hangback, feeding command info about the ongoing battle. sadly as this was towards the end, i was unable to really do much, so i stayed silent to not gunk up comms.

on a sidenote, i did waste WAY too much time trying to help a new runner player. (it was clear he didnt have any real sense of the controls and he cornered himself alot) and i felt bad about just up and mowing him down, so tried to help him in LOOC, and ahelped he seemed very new and could use some guidance.

i merely deployed to help the troops, and i conveyed any information i deemed important. I have stated many times, even on the forums, i believe the role of the SO is to aid in ground ops, this was not a slight on you, this is something i do pretty standard, to either help JTAC, talk to marines, issue orders, and give information on the ground.

and on "^There was no response after that. If I'm somehow missing logs here that prove I'm an idiot who knows nothing about anything I'd love to see them" this seems very hostile, The-solider will standard in all reports, pull any logs he deems relevant, and im sure searching logs for everyone all the time is tedious, but he does his best. not out of malice, but because someone has to do it.
    (This response is to your other message as well I just didn't quote it)

I was under the impression that when you were talking about "I kill thing" that you were unga-ing, and your only intention was to be down there and kill things since I didn't see you talk at all on the command channel as far as I know, I also was under the impression that you joined earlier than you did, so that one is on me. From my perspective (even after checking the logs) it seemed like you deployed to unga and whatnot, but given the time you spent helping the runner and the fact that you latejoined I can definitely see your side of the story now and I don't see any point in continuing this report, since it seems to really come down to me taking your "I've already wracked up quite a few kills" as you unga-ing OOCly.

With that said, the message that you said looks hostile was supposed to be more lighthearted, but reading it back over I see where it comes off as maybe a bit hostile. I meant it more in "I frequently make mistakes and am an idiot" than as a messages directed towards anyone else.

I'd like to close this report of the benevolent admin gods would allow it, sorry for wasting your time as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn per reporters request