Opinion of this feature
    I do not mind either mode.
    (Optional) Ways to improve this feature
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both modes are good, I am basically a main SG (When not as SL) and I use the drums in the frontline as they have more ammo and tend to be faster, the powerpack I use as a last resort, if I am outside of bullets and far from a supply line, its the last option to get raw ammo and continue the fighting. I liked the new design as it makes SG more dinamic and powerful as well making it have a real impact in the game if well positioned/played. I suggest keeping both the powerpack and drums, it gives the SG player different ways to play with its own preferences.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new reload mechanic using drums is absolutely necessary for SGs. SGs are intended to be a supporting weapon of the squad, it seems strange then that this powerful tool, that there is only four of, only has 50 rounds before needing to reload. This is even stranger when considering the 95 round ammo count of the MK1 and the 300 round ammo count of the HPR. It really seems like the SG has been left in the past for the most part and I'm glad that the new reloading mechanic is improving it so much. The one issue with the new loading mechanic is that there is no easy way of carrying around several drums at a time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buggy as hell as Integrated Smartgun belt can overlay the drum and causes to be deleted from the game world.

Edit: Despite the bugs, it would be nice to be able to carry the drums on the armor or webbing.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 07-27-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SG drums have made the SG actually fun as hell to play because ya don't have stop to reload after shooting 50 rounds like with the PP only real problem like Hunk stated is we can't carry drums on us so once ya drum runs dry if ya not near FOB or whatever ya have to fallback on using the PP reload mode which means standing still waiting for ya SG to reload making ya a nice juicy target for a beno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New reload is great and makes SG actually approaching fun to play. It was fun when you could carry drums in webbing, but now that that's been "fixed" you now have to tote around a smartgun rig in your hands and just drop it when you fight, which sucks a lot. Old reload mode is bad, I wouldn't mind leaving it in as a fallback for when you're outta drums except that it's also spectacularly buggy right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old reload mode is bad, new reload mode is good. The changes that make webbing no longer be able to hold drums are bad. The belt is bad too, since you're forced to dump the belt and put a drum on the slot to reload. This is basically the ol' "Leave a spare powerpack at the FOB" but with extra steps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill clarify a bit.

The original idea was to use drum reload that does not go to the belt slot.
    Concerns were raised about the old reload mode being removed.
    Hence a swap was added.

To make both modes have a trade off you either go for belt reloads and carry less ammo in total.
    Where the powerpack has less ammo in a mag but you can carry more in total.
    And it can also be used as emergency mode when you run out of ammo in mode 1.
    So the fact that you could carry less was intended as a tradeoff.

Now during a dev meeting removal of the old mode was suggested. This would also mean removal of the mag going to the belt slot.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I see what you mean now. I suppose if I had to pick one, I'd say remove the old method, have SG drums be the sole source of ammo, but keep the power drain mechanics of the SG modes since they're pretty interesting. As of right now, the only gripe I have with them is involving the belt storage rig and the weird inventory management in order to actually load the thing, but I understand that you guys are working on it.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say, make the attachment of a drum somewhat lengthy process, but in such a way that it does not need the belt slot.

That way you can still carry the belt, the reload itself just takes a bit longer. Reasonable, if it's somewhat longer than using PP reload.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere