zzurge - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Zzurge

Marine Name
    Veronica Taggart

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    ooman yin'tekai

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    opening: Ooman Had started life by a different name before the events that had changed him. Before the crucible he would Face He was known as "s'yuit-de zabin"(Pathetic insect)He was a poor hunter and the warriors of his small but Respectable tribe had little patience for his failings. He was often left behind on great hunts,relegated to menial labor and other unsavory jobs for a warrior,in this time Ideals would shift allowing for future events to pass. Just as the warrior had given up hope of ever reclaiming the honor lost by his ineptitude an old and wise clan member Had picked him for the most recently selected hunting ground,zabin was surprised beyond belief but wasted no time Sorting his gear,Many had tried to protest the decision,likely not wanting to babysit the seemingly worthless yautja but the elder would hear none of it,even the most hot blooded of yautja were wise enough to not question such a Decorated Hunter Again and the Hunt was pressed forward,The hunt was to be a on a predominantly Human planet that has had a added infestation of previously Unseen xenomorph mutations,These xenomorphs unknown would make excellent trophies and would bring Great honor on both the warrior who claimed them,and the tribe. When all was made ready the hunting party consisting of six yautja made planetfall.

1-The fates that be seemed to really hate zabin and for that reason,the team had teleported right into the xenomorph hive.
    The elder made a single nod and the party got to work,four hunters sprang in different directions,each one a tornado of fury unleashed upon the xenomorphs eviscerating their way into the blackened mass of alien that threatened their very being,zabin stood in absolute awe as the elder snapped him back into action. "It is unfortunate that we had such a rough landfall but we still have a job to do trophies to claim Follow me young blood or be gone from this tribe" With that the pair was off to locate an exit while the other four cleaned house. After what seemed like an eternity they had approached a set of fleshy doors,on the flanks were two praetorians who were previously slumbering but now fully awakened to the presence of intruders. Before one could move a muscle the elder was on one praetorian quickly dispatching it without so much as a thought,the young yautja looked on with bated breath as years of hunting and acquired muscle memory did its work and soon so too did the other praetorian fall. zabin yet again found himself awestruck by the elder but made sure to not lose track of the bigger picture "try to keep your tongue in your mouth whelp,there's more to come" and with that the elder had opened up communications with the rest of the hunting party "Return to me brothers i have found the queen,we shall take her head and be done with this place" all but one of the party responded. "dhi'rauta dhi'ki-de where are you?,why have you not responded?" After a series of tries to no response the elder had decided on pressing onward with the now rejoined blooded,there was no time to delay if that queen was to be slain.

2-upon entering the queens chamber a strong stench came rushing forth,and then came the perhaps more revolting view as eggs were scattered about the foggy room,before another thought could process the air was alight with plasma from the parties casters,this time zabin wisely decided to join in. One by one or sometimes in groups the eggs exploded and the queen Roared enraged by the massacre of her kin,by the time the queen had freed herself from the strange looking mechanical ovipositor the deed was done and only the queen and yautja remained among the still burning corpses and half destroyed eggs. The queen struck first fatally wounding one of the blooded,the rest sprang in opposite directions being careful to not meet the same fate,the two remaining blooded attempted to harass the queen opening her up for an attack,the elder jumped into action ready to deliver the final blow but before it was struck,the true nature of the alterations in this hive became revealed,the queen emitted a screech more powerful than any queen they had faced before,stopping the blooded,the elder and even zabin from where he stood,only then did the mechanical parts reveal themselves the queen had turned out to be some amalgamation of organic and cybernetic enhancement which made for a most fierce foe. The creature sat dormant for a moment perhaps recovering from the debilitating screech,the warriors used this reprieve to steel themselves for what was to come,when the queen *came to* it immediately bolted for the doors blitzing past the yautja at mind numbing speeds,nearly flattening zabin to paste in the process "AFTER HER,SHE MUST NOT ESCAPE BROTHERS" the yautja quickly activated the self destruct on the now deceased yautjas wrist device and moved at best speed after the queen.

3-After giving chase for a few moments the remaining yautja drew close to their prey,the runaway queen. The queen halted her advance for but a moment and suddenly very Human looking devices appeared from both the floor and the ceiling,they immediately opened fire on the hunters,then the queen continued her escape. The hunters were suppressed untill one of the blooded made a signal,with that the two blooded came out in sync and fired perfectly on the turrets with their plasma casters,within moments all the human contraptions were destroyed wrecks. Finally the hunters made it out of the hive,outside was a wide clearing and within it the queen,but she was not alone,Humans surrounded her,one of their ships floated above spotlighting the queen,the yautja quickly engaged their cloaks to avoid detection. Eventually the queen let out another gut wrenching screech knocking all the humans down and seemingly rendering the human craft powerless the craft soon plummeted to the ground and the queen got to work mangling the disoriented humans, the yautja made ready to strike once more. "Lets finish this brothers,I tire of this chase we have already lost two to this wretched hive" Before they made their move xenomorphs had appeared but in not nearly as large a number as seen in the hive,like the queen these were also altered and by the time the hunters realized this the xenomorphs used their newfound abilities to see the hunters through their cloak this time it was the xeno that sprang into action striking first nearly taking the blooded down through his complacency. "Decloak brothers,it is of no use to these beasts" the shimmers revealed the yautja and they got to work but this time the yautja were no match for the xenos,the two blooded were immediately defeated by the surprisingly superior xeno. Leaving only the Elder and the young-blood to fend off a queen and the horde. "Make ready,we either Kill this queen or we die honorably" the few humans that remained came to their senses and began to fire with their primitive ballistics a grenade from their number knocked zabin to the ground. The elder pressed without the young-blood through the surrounding lower xenos to get to the queen,attempting to deliver the final blow he got close to the queen and lodged his blades into the queens throat,but before being able to tear the head clean off,the queen grabbed the elder,eviscerated his midsection and threw his limp body off into the distance,the elder had just enough consciousness to use his healing crystal shards to stabilize himself before falling completely still. Now it was just the young-blood alone

4-He tormented his own mind with his failings,all throughout the mission he had watched,cluelessly he had not acted,and because of his inability to act the elder along with his brothers are dead "i am a shame upon my clan" "How could i ever hope to beat these xeno if the elder could not?" "should i activate my self destruct?" these questions sliced away at his mind as he sat pondering,then the queen took notice of the last predator,while the last of the swarm was dealing with the humans sent to this facility. The queen began to approach the battered warrior Acid pouring out of the gaping gash where its throat should be,as a result the sounds it made were even more twisted than before. The queen had tried to screech to render the warrior unable to attack but failed to do so,instead it decided to engage,the young-blood broke his train of thought to see the queen in its massive presence towering above him time slowed to a crawl,and the young-blood focus shifted on the humans,Few though they were still they fought on,one human fought with nothing but an improvised weapon,one of skill,not of dishonor like a ranged weapon,another was battered beyond belief covered in scars and burns yet still he fought,one eye open to the death,one last human had run out of ammunition and without a moments hesitation switched to her secondary and then it *clicked* something changed in zabin that fateful day as the queen loomed over him,inching closer to the final strike He saw the tenacity in those last humans,their unbreakable might against insurmountable odds and knew what must be done. Zabin moved swift,swifter than he had ever done,so blisteringly fast that he almost missed the strike that would save him,in seconds he finished the killing blow on the queen,and tore off the queens head in the same stroke,he was full of resolve now, he felt like he could DO ANYTHING,so he did,it was no longer "can i do this?" it was "i shall avenge my fallen" in his mind, and with that he approached the humans in their darkest hour like a patron god of death and destruction he tore through the xenomorphs that remained to the humans it was seen as a blur,to him time continued at a snails pace he was able to queue up attacks and adjust to changes immediately without concern all his life he had been worthless an ineffective hunter a failure to his clan,but now all that shame faded away he was unhindered,he was unchained and he was done defeating the xenomorphs in the clearing.

5-By the time he had finished fighting the xenos he was heaving in place,covered in green blood,acid lightly smoldering parts of his skin,and when he looked up he saw the few humans left,he nodded and one of them nodded back,with that the young blood walked away he hadn't fully processed what had truly happened but he did not care,he was alive,and he had secured the honor he had almost given up on,first he went to gather his dead comrades corpses strewn about,first the two blooded yautja,then finally the elder,when he came to the elder he was surprised to find him alive it would seem those crystals are more effective than previously known. He dragged the elder to the brothers corpses,gathered his trophies and waited for the elder to awaken,eventually he did.(E) "Did you complete the hunt by your lonesome young blood?,tell me true"(YB)"Yes elder i have slain the queen and many of her retinue that were assailing the remaining humans who fought honorably given their condition"(E) "Very well"(E)"then what shall your true title be young blood?"(YB) "I shall be named ooman yin'tekai" (E)" A fitting name and so it shall be" Finally with renewed vigor ooman engages the self destruct on both his allies wrists,and he departs to the drop point with the elder.

Final-The elder and young-blood make it to the point where they dropped,the elder was prepared to speak to the ship they were on when suddenly a voice demands he stops,the hunter that had disappeared at the beginning has suddenly reappeared. "So the great big fuck up has somehow beaten the odds huh?,i think not,you stole that kill and you stole our honor" "For this i challenge you to an Honor duel,should you accept we shall begin,should you decline i shall be forced to destroy you and claim the trophies as my own" ooman casts a glance at the elder,and the elder nods (E)"If you can defeat that queen you should have no difficultly defeating him in single combat,show me what you've learned today since you've certainly watched a lot. (YB)"it will be done" The young-blood is now locked in single combat with a fully blooded predator The fully blooded predator opens with a flurry of strikes from his wrist blades,one strike narrowly misses the youngers face,the last strike in the series makes the blooded predator overextend,the new blood takes the advantage and breaks his arm,the blooded predator shouts in pain and roars in rage blinded by fury the fully blooded perhaps out of jealousy or perhaps out of pure blind rage breaches the rules of the duel and begins to fire his caster at the young yautja "I WILL NOT BE BESTED BY SOME WHELP THERE IS NO WAY YOU AND YOU ALONE DEFEATED A QUEEN YOU ARE AN INSIGNIFICANT INSECT AND WILL NEVER BE.." before the fully blooded yautja can finish the array of insults the elder stabs him square in the chest and pulls up,the fully blooded traitor is defeated (E)" Let us be gone from this accursed place,grab your trophies and make ready,we will set his wrist device to explode as we did the others" (YB)"Understood elder" From there they teleport onto their ship and watch as the yautja self destruct is enabled across the planet,the entirety of the xenomorph hive now turned to glass by the ensuing fires. ooman Now secure in his new found honor and redemption can only go forward from here

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    ooman is far more disposed to interacting with humans due to his origins dealing with them and for inspiring his finest hour,so much so he added them into his true name,he feels that humans make for more interesting duel partners,not because of their cunning but because of some of their seemingly unending bravery,for example some humans would run at a xenomorph with a stick and fight tooth and nail just for their very survival,that stands with ooman to this day,He is more merciful than most yautja as he relishes watching humans in their bravery and killing them culls that behavior leaving only the cowardly to remain

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a fight in a one versus one scenario where the victor decides the fate of the defeated,there is a strict rule set to these duels with heavy emphasis on a mostly fair fight with no rebounds or outside assistance
    A hunt is an event where one or more Yautja Go out to hunt exceptional prey,not for a duel in honor but for sport,trophies,status,gear recovery,you name it,its likely on the hunt perhaps you could say its a Mission of sorts

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I intend to be passive with them,I dont make habit of issuing challenges very often or being belligerent,but on the same hand I am no pushover,that being said,I will aid my fellow yautja if they are in a bind against unworthy prey or it otherwise doesn't break any rules or cultural regulations(For example if my ally is bested in an honor duel then his fate is his own,but if he is captured by stray xenos then i may try to save him)

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I am deeply intrigued to see how i can play predator,i was always interested in the dynamic between the three races in Aliens,I also wish to see if i have what it takes to be subtle rather than brute like the main two factions

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the whitelist and my vote does not count for a great deal, but naming your Yautja "Human Honour" isn't something I'm overtly fond of.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum account needs to be at least a month old to apply for whitelists, and as a general rule unless youre well known thats one of the first things you will get told when applying. Also as forest said the name for your yautja is beyond strange and id even go so far as to say it would be unreasonable to think a yautja would be called human. That being said, The story is not horrific, a little odd in how you have written it but its not terrible. Though never do (YB) (E) <--- that crap. Its lazy, messy and really detracts from the story and honestly you as a writer.

All in All even though the application is void by your forum account being too young i would still give you a no this time. Come back in a month or two, get known on the forums, discord etc clean up the story and well see.

H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum time aside, and although you put effort into this. We are not allowing a predator named �ooman� it�s a gimmick that�s not gonna work.

You may try again in 30 days.