Byond ID?
    Nanu308

CM Character?
    Claymore Allister

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CET

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    When off work, Between 7 to 14 i would say.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    A lot. In a Community named TAW i have held Manager, Administrator and Moderator positions. I was responsible for around 60 members at the top point. I can give further details if needed.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not really.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Haven't made any.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Same question?

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Coaching for a R6S team.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Easy peazy, ain't no problem that.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would investigate the situation at hand, he might been a new player or at worst a griefer.

I would start by asking the gunman his reason as to why he shot another player, as well as instructions on how to reply to me incase he is new.
    Check Loggs and the shot persons view/statement and anyone nearby to have seen it.

I would check if he had any previous notes regarding what happened. If he has no notes and responded by saying hes new or it was an accident i would note it, but leave it as an warning while letting the MPs handle it.

If he had previous notes regarding it or other bad behavior regarding the same or similar issues within a recent time frame he might have catched a grief ban or an improper escalation ban if the investigation showed he jumped from trash talking to guns.

Depending om the situation i might make an looc about it to tell the players i am handling it, as well as mark incoming ahelps that i am dealing with it.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would grab a witness statement from them both and inform the accusing player to head to the forums and give him the player report form.

I would also notify him to wait about posting the report to after the round has ended.

Honor code breaking is a whitelist issue and up to the council or manager /whitelist manager to deal with.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would message him and ask if he needed any help, as well as how to respond to my message. Should he respond i would guide him to the prep room/area onboard for his chosen role.

I would then link him the quickstart guide as well as his role's guide. After that I would tell him he could ahelp or click my name should he need any more help, after informing him how to ahelp.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I don't care about trash talking tbh, he can be as rude as he wants as long as it doesn't clutter up the messages. If the situation at hand does require an admin or higher i would request one to take over the situation, or let another moderator deal with it.

If noone else is available I would ask for one from discord to come online if possible and handle it. If the player thought my decision/s were wrong I would show him the staff report form.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I must admit i have never heard the name but a quick google search brings up who/what it is. I believe this would fall under the naming rule.

Before contacting him I would check for other name violations or rule violations.

Then I would contact him and ask him to reread our rules as well as tell him what the problem is. After this I would note the incident as well as apply a ban if it was a repeated offense that happened quite recently.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would check his notes while PM'ing him and asking why he was all geared up.

The two most likely cases is that he might be deploying or there might have been called out that there was a hostile onboard and the aCO has still not swiped for red.

If this was the case i would check with the aCO if he was authorized to deploy /department head and/or if there was a hostile onboard.

In the unlikely event he geared up just to be geared and staying onboard i might consider it a meta thing to do where i would note as well as apply a ban/ job ban if it was a repeated offense.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would PM the accused and accuser as well as witnesses for details while logg diving to see if the player was openly hostile as he said and didn't wordlessly come up and gun down the marine.

If the survivor stated he was openly hostile to the marines and then shot, it would be an IC Issue. If the survivor was not openly hostile, i would note the survivor for the incident which i believe would be improper escalation.

If the survivors notes showed a repeatedly bad behavior or such, i would also apply a ban/job ban.

The marine that was wordlessly gunned down would get an aheal.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    The two first charges that comes to mind is theft and trespassing. Nether of them would give a permanent confinement on the 1st offense.

I would check with the MP as well as the accused. If proven the MP was in the wrong I would tell him to apply the correct timer minus the time the prisoner had already been in for, as well as noting the MP for breaking Marine Law.

If the MP had previous notes about doing the same, a job ban for MP/CMP and/or a regular ban could be in order.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use the Queen Mother to push the Xenos to attack, as they've most certainly lost as well as subtle messaging the acting commander and aSL's

If possible I would request an admin to spawn in the sensor beacon for Marines to repair and get xeno locations, aka have them push out.

Hopefully with enough subtle messages as well as queen Mother announcements the Marines would either drop down, or the Xenos would capture the dropship and launch it up.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp it /notify another moderator about it. As i am involved in the situation I would not handle my own case.

If there is noone else on i would request someone to get on from discord to deal with the situation. If noone is able at all, i would have to handle it myself.

I would check notes, gather witness statements and logg dive to reach a conclusion, he could either be very new, or a griefer.

If griefing he would be noted and banned/Job banned from medical roles, if a new player i would send him the wiki guides as well as teach him/show him the ropes if possible but still noting the incident.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would tell the CLF he's a hostile and leave it as an IC Issue. It would not fall under EORG either as it's two hostiles and no FF loggs get made.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This would depend on the severity. If it was just a little bit it would be an IC issue for MPs to deal with.

If there are no MPs it would be an OOC issue and he would be noted/banned depending on previous notes, he would also be warned in PMs of course.

If it was extremely excessive, I would rule it as round start shenanigans which has been cracked down on by a lot and he would be warned, noted and potentially banned depending on previous notes.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would pm both the people involved as well as anyone nearby who was able to see it to gather information, as well as check the loggs if it was true as they say.

If it was not escalated properly from punch>Knife>gun it would be improper escalation which would warrant a note, and probably a ban as well as an aheal for the dead player.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would probably require the assistance of another staff member to handle the situation, but if i were alone i would start by sending a few LOOC messages or a Marine sided OOC message that the mutiny is invalid.

Should the mutineers not see the messages/warning i might end up using the screenwide sleep feature if there was to many, or sleep the individuals and directly warn them again. If they did not understand this and continued after, i would note as well as add a short ban or even a job ban depending on previous notes.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    As long as the comments are IC, and not spam or over the top, it is an IC issue.

I would notify the offended player about this.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would write in marine OOC its being taken care of as well as ahealing the affected players while asking players who saw/got shot to ahelp and get an aheal/hear their story.

If its possible to sleep a character even when they are away I would do that while waiting to see if the player comes back to give him a chanse to explain himself as well as inform him of any punishment taken such as a potential grief ban.

Either way he would be noted and talked to if possible. As a side note i would be watching for any similar occurrence incase there would be more of them.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would make a subtle message if i have time to remind him he shouldn't be near the Frontlines. If he stops before the Frontlines and wait, i see no issue on it.

If he continues forward and enters the frontlines and "Combat Larvae" I would PM him to get back and warn him about it. He would be noted as well as risking a Xeno Job ban/regular ban if he had more xeno or recent notes.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    This would fall under the Low RP rule, as CM is supposed to be a medium role play server.

I would PM the larva and request him to stop while checking his notes, if it was a first occurrence a note for future reference as well as a warning would be in order.

Should it be a repeated offense a xeno job ban could be in order as well as a regular ban for low rp.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Its an IC issue. The hivemind is a direct translation in English so any words are viable.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    This would fall under the meta ruling that your character doesn't know this as of yet.

I would PM the offender about it and tell him to stop while checking the notes and see if he had previous meta notes or anything akin to the situation, a first time offense would be a warning and a note, while a repeated offense would warrant a ban.

Potentially also a Command staff job ban if he had a lot of command personnel related notes.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    As the pods are about to evacuate there normally isn't a lot of time to RP and properly escalate the situation.

I would say its an IC issue. I would inform the ahelping player about this.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Couldn't care less, feed me the salt as i need my daily dose of Sodium chloride hehehe.

Although, if other players complained or it turned into spam I would message him in a PM again and tell him to cut it off. Should he not i would note it and give a temporary ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC Issue, Falling SSD sucks especially when fighting xenos but its something that happens to both sides.

I would inform the player it is an IC Issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it seems like a genuine mistake I'd gently remind them or ask if it "Shouldn't it be something like this instead?" or just ask them why they are doing as they did, i might have missed a fact they had not or it might have been an rule 0.

If i believe its incorrect still i would gather what evidence i could discreetly while taking it up to his respective manager for them to deal with.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If i believed the action was right, i would leave it as is. If i believed the action was wrong, it's still not for me to decide unless i would be an admin or senior moderator that could overrule them.

If i believed the person was in the wrong, i would take it up to their respective manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Seems like a great way to help the community. Always wished to see the other side of CMs, so it would be interesting for me to take a look in ^^, besides that, I've always been an active part of any community I participate in.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Applying the rule enforcement equally.

Anything else you
    I work 2/2 Week shifts, that is 2 weeks at home before 2 weeks away at work in a repeating fashion around the year as i work as an ETO onboard a Cruise Ship. The shift plan is very static but can have slight changes.

I will always be available on Discord and reachable, but my network is very slow and limited when onboard so i would not be able to moderate those two weeks when away except for Discord/Forums.

My activity hasn't been the best, but it can easily improve now after the summer is over due to internal shifts at work and such is over. I get back from work the 6th of August now, where I'll be home for two weeks before going back to work.

Any further questions feel free to ask here or in Dm's on Discord.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aight let's take a looksie at your answers.

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would investigate the situation at hand, he might been a new player or at worst a griefer.

I would start by asking the gunman his reason as to why he shot another player, as well as instructions on how to reply to me incase he is new.
    Check Loggs and the shot persons view/statement and anyone nearby to have seen it.

I would check if he had any previous notes regarding what happened. If he has no notes and responded by saying hes new or it was an accident i would note it, but leave it as an warning while letting the MPs handle it.

If he had previous notes regarding it or other bad behavior regarding the same or similar issues within a recent time frame he might have catched a grief ban or an improper escalation ban if the investigation showed he jumped from trash talking to guns.

Depending om the situation i might make an looc about it to tell the players i am handling it, as well as mark incoming ahelps that i am dealing with it.
    Good, detailed answer. It's always the better option to give the benefit of the doubt to the player, and not immediately assume he is a griefer. Also I liked the LOOC damage control part, it can stop needless Ahelp spam in advance.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would grab a witness statement from them both and inform the accusing player to head to the forums and give him the player report form.

I would also notify him to wait about posting the report to after the round has ended.

Honor code breaking is a whitelist issue and up to the council or manager /whitelist manager to deal with.
    Textbook answer.
    We CAN step in on WL issues, if they are majorly disrupting a round, for example, a predator just HPCing the FOB on first contact or something as nonsensical as that.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would message him and ask if he needed any help, as well as how to respond to my message. Should he respond i would guide him to the prep room/area onboard for his chosen role.

I would then link him the quickstart guide as well as his role's guide. After that I would tell him he could ahelp or click my name should he need any more help, after informing him how to ahelp.
    Another textbook answer.
    Since we axed the mentors, moderators are expected to guide and assist new players whenever needed.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I don't care about trash talking tbh, he can be as rude as he wants as long as it doesn't clutter up the messages. If the situation at hand does require an admin or higher i would request one to take over the situation, or let another moderator deal with it.

If noone else is available I would ask for one from discord to come online if possible and handle it. If the player thought my decision/s were wrong I would show him the staff report form.
    This one is wrong.
    Players do not get to cherry-pick another staff-member because they do not like your ruling.
    Just inform them to make a staff report on the forums, if they think they have been wronged by your ruling.
    In any case, shittalking staff is not tolerated. While up to the moderator in question, it's best to punish the shittalker, with escalating measures.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I must admit i have never heard the name but a quick google search brings up who/what it is. I believe this would fall under the naming rule.

Before contacting him I would check for other name violations or rule violations.

Then I would contact him and ask him to reread our rules as well as tell him what the problem is. After this I would note the incident as well as apply a ban if it was a repeated offense that happened quite recently.
    Yeah, good answer, but a bit lacking. While you may not know this, we can change the names of players as moderators, albeit temporarily. You should instruct them to change the name permanently after the round ends in the Edit Characters tab. Also ask them what temporary name they would like, if they have a preference.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would check his notes while PM'ing him and asking why he was all geared up.

The two most likely cases is that he might be deploying or there might have been called out that there was a hostile onboard and the aCO has still not swiped for red.

If this was the case i would check with the aCO if he was authorized to deploy /department head and/or if there was a hostile onboard.

In the unlikely event he geared up just to be geared and staying onboard i might consider it a meta thing to do where i would note as well as apply a ban/ job ban if it was a repeated offense.
    Purely an IC issue. No need to get involved, unless they are griefing and killing people while stealing the gear.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would PM the accused and accuser as well as witnesses for details while logg diving to see if the player was openly hostile as he said and didn't wordlessly come up and gun down the marine.

If the survivor stated he was openly hostile to the marines and then shot, it would be an IC Issue. If the survivor was not openly hostile, i would note the survivor for the incident which i believe would be improper escalation.

If the survivors notes showed a repeatedly bad behavior or such, i would also apply a ban/job ban.

The marine that was wordlessly gunned down would get an aheal.
    Aye, good answer. If there was RP involved, we count it as IC issue. As long as they do not just walk up to marines and PB em, it's fine.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    The two first charges that comes to mind is theft and trespassing. Nether of them would give a permanent confinement on the 1st offense.

I would check with the MP as well as the accused. If proven the MP was in the wrong I would tell him to apply the correct timer minus the time the prisoner had already been in for, as well as noting the MP for breaking Marine Law.

If the MP had previous notes about doing the same, a job ban for MP/CMP and/or a regular ban could be in order.
    Good answer. But it is always best to check if the MP is new, help them with ML and the correct charge timers. Most of the time when something similar happens, the MP is just a newbie, and not necessarily malicious.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use the Queen Mother to push the Xenos to attack, as they've most certainly lost as well as subtle messaging the acting commander and aSL's

If possible I would request an admin to spawn in the sensor beacon for Marines to repair and get xeno locations, aka have them push out.

Hopefully with enough subtle messages as well as queen Mother announcements the Marines would either drop down, or the Xenos would capture the dropship and launch it up.
    Good answer, although you don't have to subtle message the xenos, you can straight up PM them and tell em to go banzai. Applies to humans as well, but we rarely encourage the humans to go on a suicidal rampage.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp it /notify another moderator about it. As i am involved in the situation I would not handle my own case.

If there is noone else on i would request someone to get on from discord to deal with the situation. If noone is able at all, i would have to handle it myself.

I would check notes, gather witness statements and logg dive to reach a conclusion, he could either be very new, or a griefer.

If griefing he would be noted and banned/Job banned from medical roles, if a new player i would send him the wiki guides as well as teach him/show him the ropes if possible but still noting the incident.
    Good answer, yet again. We do not deal with matters that we are personally involved in, unless it is the absolute last course of action, as we
    cannot be completely impartial during such moments.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would tell the CLF he's a hostile and leave it as an IC Issue. It would not fall under EORG either as it's two hostiles and no FF loggs get made.
    Textbook answer. Hostile factions are allowed to fight eachother after the round ends, and we do not punish for FF logs in those instances.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This would depend on the severity. If it was just a little bit it would be an IC issue for MPs to deal with.

If there are no MPs it would be an OOC issue and he would be noted/banned depending on previous notes, he would also be warned in PMs of course.

If it was extremely excessive, I would rule it as round start shenanigans which has been cracked down on by a lot and he would be warned, noted and potentially banned depending on previous notes.

Aye, good answer.
    Roundstart shenanigans are frowned upon, but marine bravado is accepted. As long as you are not causing major disruption with your actions (for example, get people killed, destroy something vital, nade req line..), we generally leave it as IC.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would pm both the people involved as well as anyone nearby who was able to see it to gather information, as well as check the loggs if it was true as they say.

If it was not escalated properly from punch>Knife>gun it would be improper escalation which would warrant a note, and probably a ban as well as an aheal for the dead player.
    Good answer.
    We have had discussion among staff in relation to improper escalation, and most of the time we deal with it on a case-by-case basis. But in general, if it was RP'd well, and the escalation procedure was followed, we leave it as IC. Otherwise, it's an OOC rulebreak.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would probably require the assistance of another staff member to handle the situation, but if i were alone i would start by sending a few LOOC messages or a Marine sided OOC message that the mutiny is invalid.

Should the mutineers not see the messages/warning i might end up using the screenwide sleep feature if there was to many, or sleep the individuals and directly warn them again. If they did not understand this and continued after, i would note as well as add a short ban or even a job ban depending on previous notes.
    Good answer. Instruct them to ahelp about mutinies in the future, that they need atleast 5 people and an VALID reason to start one.
    Moderators do not have mass-sleep abilities, but admin+ staff does. We can sleep individual players, if need be.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    As long as the comments are IC, and not spam or over the top, it is an IC issue.

I would notify the offended player about this.
    Correct answer. We do not get involved in IC racism, as long as it is not in terribly poor taste.
    Generally, we do not allow OOC racism, and it will be punished accordingly.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would write in marine OOC its being taken care of as well as ahealing the affected players while asking players who saw/got shot to ahelp and get an aheal/hear their story.

If its possible to sleep a character even when they are away I would do that while waiting to see if the player comes back to give him a chanse to explain himself as well as inform him of any punishment taken such as a potential grief ban.

Either way he would be noted and talked to if possible. As a side note i would be watching for any similar occurrence incase there would be more of them.
    Generally, if someone just wordlessly guns down briefing without saying a word, it is textbook griefing.
    We hand out 7-day bans at minimum, if they have history of something similar, it's a perma filing.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would make a subtle message if i have time to remind him he shouldn't be near the Frontlines. If he stops before the Frontlines and wait, i see no issue on it.

If he continues forward and enters the frontlines and "Combat Larvae" I would PM him to get back and warn him about it. He would be noted as well as risking a Xeno Job ban/regular ban if he had more xeno or recent notes.
    You can skip the subtle messaging and straight up PM them/sleep them if it seems that they are being needlessly suicidal. Otherwise, good answer. We do not allow combat larvaing/suiciding on the frontlines, and usually leads to xeno jban after a warning.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    This would fall under the Low RP rule, as CM is supposed to be a medium role play server.

I would PM the larva and request him to stop while checking his notes, if it was a first occurrence a note for future reference as well as a warning would be in order.

Should it be a repeated offense a xeno job ban could be in order as well as a regular ban for low rp.
    Textbook answer. Xenos are not supposed to LRP and/or disobey Queen.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Its an IC issue. The hivemind is a direct translation in English so any words are viable.
    Correct answer, not much else to say about it.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    This would fall under the meta ruling that your character doesn't know this as of yet.

I would PM the offender about it and tell him to stop while checking the notes and see if he had previous meta notes or anything akin to the situation, a first time offense would be a warning and a note, while a repeated offense would warrant a ban.

Potentially also a Command staff job ban if he had a lot of command personnel related notes.
    Aye. Textbook answer, yet again. LRP and meta actions are punishable by timed bans and jbans, if necessary.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    As the pods are about to evacuate there normally isn't a lot of time to RP and properly escalate the situation.

I would say its an IC issue. I would inform the ahelping player about this.
    I would agree on that it is an IC, issue, but it is generally frowned upon to kill friendlies without an extremely good reason. If it was just a wordless PB kill, they would be punished, generally. RP is the key, and we judge these instances on a case-by-case basis.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Couldn't care less, feed me the salt as i need my daily dose of Sodium chloride hehehe.

Although, if other players complained or it turned into spam I would message him in a PM again and tell him to cut it off. Should he not i would note it and give a temporary ban.
    While you may not give a duck about it, it should be needless to say that insulting staff, may it be in OOC or PMs, is not allowed. Give them a warning, and if that is not enough, give them a ban to let them cool off. We are voluntary staff, we do not get paid, and thus, we do not need to take shit from salty individuals.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC Issue, Falling SSD sucks especially when fighting xenos but its something that happens to both sides.

I would inform the player it is an IC Issue.
    Aye, textbook answer. SSD is part of the game, and if we would allow people to be ahealed/de-larvaed/whatever, everytime that they get disconnected, we would be swarmed with ahelp 24/7. While it sucks, it is part of the game.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it seems like a genuine mistake I'd gently remind them or ask if it "Shouldn't it be something like this instead?" or just ask them why they are doing as they did, i might have missed a fact they had not or it might have been an rule 0.

If i believe its incorrect still i would gather what evidence i could discreetly while taking it up to his respective manager for them to deal with.
    Yeah, if it is accidental or simply due to being misinformed, you can just PM them or talk to them in msay.
    However, if it appears to be malicious, contact the respective manager immediately. Great answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If i believed the action was right, i would leave it as is. If i believed the action was wrong, it's still not for me to decide unless i would be an admin or senior moderator that could overrule them.

If i believed the person was in the wrong, i would take it up to their respective manager.
    The person who takes up the ahelp is responsible for handling it. If they do it so incorrectly, they are the one who will get the blame. Other staff are generally not allowed to get involved in other's ahelp, unless it is a senior overruling something blatantly wrong.
    And yes, if you believe it warrants that, take it up to their respective manager privately, do not get involved otherwise.

All in all, this is an excellent application, in my opinion. You are a long time player and have good understanding of our rules and procedures. You have kept your nose clean for a good while, and you have always been pleasant to talk to.
    I believe we can give you a shot for trial.

+1
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 07-30-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Snip
    +1
    I appreciate the +1 man, and thanks for going through the details on em as well as telling what i should do regarding salty folks
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day, three questions for you

1) There's a researcher actively handing out combate stims to marines, although the CO has made it clear several times he wants none of this over comms. Another player reports the researcher about this matter, what do you do?

2) The hive is having a heated argument over hivechat, calling eachother names and naming the Queen bald. There are at least three Xenos being agressive to the queen at the same time over and over. What do you do?

3) A survivor synth is being very friendly to the Xenos, said synth has constan friendly talk with the Queen and the rest of the aliens and generally has a good relation with them in their nest. A nested marine sees this and reports the synth, what do you do?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco52 View Post
    Good day, three questions for you

1) There's a researcher actively handing out combate stims to marines, although the CO has made it clear several times he wants none of this over comms. Another player reports the researcher about this matter, what do you do?

2) The hive is having a heated argument over hivechat, calling eachother names and naming the Queen bald. There are at least three Xenos being agressive to the queen at the same time over and over. What do you do?

3) A survivor synth is being very friendly to the Xenos, said synth has constan friendly talk with the Queen and the rest of the aliens and generally has a good relation with them in their nest. A nested marine sees this and reports the synth, what do you do?

I believe this would be an IC Issue. The researcher is being insubordinate to the CO which can be dealt with by MPs.

Although the researcher should ofcourse have a proper reason, and not just hand it out at random just because he feels like it.

Id give an Xeno ooc message for them to relax a bit and remind them everyone was new at some point.

If the three kept it up I would PM them directly and give a final warning as well as noting it down.
    If the three continued on I would give a temporary ban as well as a Xeno jban depending on previous notes for them to cool off a bit.

As a small side note, if the queen was new i would also PM them and offering them my help and experience.

This does not seem like an issue at all, synthetic survivors self preservation comes first of course so they could act friendly.

What the synthetic can not do is upset the game balance in any way by helping the Xenos.

Either way it would be a whitelist issue, and i would recommend the player to file a player report after telling him what i thought if he disagreed.

Hopefully they were answered detailed and well enough to your liking, any more comments or questions feel free to ask

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers are all acceptable to me. I would note however that for the above question 2, you can Queen Mother and tell the xenos to cut it out ICly.

+1 from me, good luck and I hope to see you on the team soon.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Your answers are all acceptable to me. I would note however that for the above question 2, you can Queen Mother and tell the xenos to cut it out ICly.

+1 from me, good luck and I hope to see you on the team soon.
    Thanks for the gamer +1 and the tip, I'll keep it in mind

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long-time member of the community with a very respectable history and a solid app. I'm willing to support a trial. +1
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santaman can have a trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely +1, very active in the community and a longtime player with a good attitude and obviously pretty good knowledge of their rules and how they are applied.