Hylla Greene
    Their BYOND Key
    Daturix
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1:10am ish
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    Description of the incident
    I was in the public CM voice chat with two other players, we were in the round but were not interacting IC (I was Charlie's SO, I think they were in Alpha & Bravo) nor sharing meta communications (I was mostly answering questions about mechanics/etc.). Moderators had previously been in the voice chat and had no problem with what was being said (I assume since no notes or warning were mentioned whatsoever). The staff member in question clearly just saw we were in the voice chat and assumed we were metacomming, but never checked themselves. They did send me a message asking if I knew the rules of metacomming but stated it didn't matter if I said I was not metacomming as they could "not trust" me saying that I was not. No attempt to investigate if metacomms were taking place was made and I now have an (in my opinion) pretty heavy note on my name when I broke no rules.
    Evidence
    Did not save any images of the chat as I was busy trying to sort out orders & comms as Charlie's SO at the time. All I have is a quote of the note, "Was in a call with Brayd and Killazombie during game, warned for metacommunications, next offense, 3 day ban, if it's malicious, 7day and file for perma. Being nice since I did not check the voice chat but calls will eventually lead to metacommunications whether you try to prevent it or not."
    How you would punish the accused
    I don't really believe they deserve any punishment, I would just like the note removed from my name as I feel some investigation should've been done beforehand to determine if I was actually breaking rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    logs :

Spoiler Spoiler:

Relevant Msay logs PMed to Grimcad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. So you are 100% correct on this one. The assumption that if you were in the CM VC together meant you were 100% metacommunicating is silly. I wouldnt have minded a PM to you warning you about our metacomms policy and to be careful of what you were saying. The note in question assumes your guilt in meta communicating however.
    I can see Daturix's reason for suspicion, but in that case he should have investigated by joining in on the conversation, and not simply assumed.

Notes will removed for all three of you. And Daturix will be spoken with. Resolved.